New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 meter BLACK MAMBA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If not fake, then it is larger than the supposed largest venomous snake on record, the 18'+ King Cobra. BM's max out at 14', though through infinite growth characteristics of all reptiles, who knows for sure?

Looks like a black hose and head, though very well done. clap

Respects,

Phill

Posts: 166 | Location: Murrieta, California, United States | Registered: 29 July 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't tell if the picture is right or not but do believe that what is now accepted as largest for reptiles might not actually be the biggest a specific species has ever gotten or could still get sans mans interference. I remember my family had some missionary friends that had done years of missionary work in brazil, they had a 25' snake skin if I remmeber correctly, I don't know if that would be a python or a boa, it's frigthening regardless.

My uncle saw a python (we think, a big constrictor) in the Philippines a couple years ago that was massive, I think from what he says maybe 8-10" diameter, big enough that it slithered right across the top of his glass shard encrusted wall at his house there without any problem or apparent ill affect.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Way to go Blank.... a giant brown snake

Any snake over 8 feet is one hell of a snake, poisonious or not.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just received this photo today from a PH friend in Namibia. A measured 3.5 meter black mamba. For the record, I grew up in South Georgia and Florida around big rattlers. These mambas scare the heck out of this country boy!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote