New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cites Leopard Permit
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Applied for a leopard permit in August and have not heard word one from USFW. Their website says that they will acknowledge receipt within 30 days. That hasn't happened.
Are they actually following their procedures or should I just expect that I will not hear from them?
BTW they have not cashed my check. Does anyone have recent experience with these folks?

Posts: 117 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven’t dealt with them in the last year and a half...

But the notification I would get was invariably via email. While they have 30 days, its from receipt and who knows how long it may be in the mail room. I wouldn’t get too worked up until 2-3 months go by. After that, giving them a call and asking them about the status might be worthwhile... but my 2013 elephant import took 3-4 years to get the paperwork done. Finally got him home this summer. It is a slow process.

Coincidentally, if you are working with an import agent they can also help (they have contacts at USFWS) so talking with them can give you someone who knows the right places and questions to ask.

Posts: 10793 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent mine at the end of June; check wasn't cashed until Aug 18. CR give some good advice.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote