New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Fulson & Chifuti Safaris.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In the past it has become evident that I had some problems with Chifuti Safaris and with Dave fulson in particular. Yesterday this ugly little boil came to head and I am happy to report that a good lancing and some man to man conversation has brought about a happy outcome.

Dave is not nearly the rotten SOB that I had thought that he was. In fact I'd now have to say that he is a gentlemen and one who is true to his word. He doesn't make excuses he is a straight shooter with a low BS tolerance as am I. This whole thing could have been avoided with proper communication and explanation on both sides. As is often the case.

This morning we were able to clear the air on multiple subjects and we've both come to a mutual conclusion on what occurred on my hunt and afterward with the billing issue.

I won't get into it here as it is a private matter at this point but I will say that there were multiple miss communications with multiple people that caused the troubles we were having.

In closing I would like to say that I've made some comments about Dave and Andrew Dawson that in reflection are unfair and am taking this opportunity to put this all behind us and start off with a clean slate.

Greg Allyn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to say I was afraid to open this up and was not expecting this.
My hat is off to you sir and Mr. Fulson congratulations and I am glad everything worked out.
Well done.

Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
Words do two major things: They provide food for the mind and create light for understanding and awareness.
-Jim Rohn

beer

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blow me over with a feather!
I expected to see an ad for an MMA beat down on pay per view.

The old saying - "Cool heads prevail" - still rings true.

Now, lets all plan a hunt and get back to business.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you have both acted like gentlemen.

Glad to see that there are no bunny slippers in the thread as well. Big Grin

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take two guys that love Africa, buffalo in particular, both shoot Searcy double rifles and it would be hard to think we could get so sideways...but we did.A situation that had been stewing for a couple of years bubbled over last week and both Greg and I got our hackies up. The thing is, it was not even a situation between us that "lit the fuse" Greg and I have never met, spoke only once on the phone, and were ready to hook up in a back alley to at it. This morning I reached out to Greg to figure this out, or choose weapons, and what do you know? He really reminds me of, well, me. I liked the guy. Actually quite a bit ! I tried to listen to his thoughts on a situation that he had on a safari a few years back( one that I did not book ) and came to the conclusion that he had a good point to make, and was owed some answers to some questions he had. I tried to do that, and Greg excepted my thoughts and advice with an open mind. I believe that once we wound our necks in, we both ( I do for sure ) felt a bit foolish for letting the situation escalate far above where two pretty good guys should have let it go. I said so to Greg, and will say so here to the AR clan. I think that Greg and I are a lot alike in many areas and we both took shots without clearly identifying the proper target. One of my friends told me once "Fulson ,if you ever get reincarnated you will come back as either a leopard or a fire ant-they both bite if you piss 'em off" He knows me pretty well, but sometimes it is better to engage brain and maturity first. Not doing so helped create this silly situation.
Greg, I appreciate your thoughts, and your ability to listen to my thoughts. Lets make it a goal to shake hands at the next show , and if we are destined to "square off" let's square off over a couple of cold beers !
Cheers, Dave Fulson

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
X2 on both points, especially the second one!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Squared off over a couple of beers in the valley sounds like a plan to me! Thanks for your kind comments and lets definitely have those beers sometime soon.

Greg

Dogcat wrote..

"I expected to see an ad for an MMA beat down on pay per view."

If it ever happens I am going to be wearing the bunny slippers. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn! Well, there goes the greatest UFC figt in history - up in smoke! CRYBABY

I guess the good thing is that maybe those dopes up in DC might learn from this top notch dispute resolution! beer

Glad to hear things are back in the groove - well done gents! thumb

JW

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
A resulution? Ugh! If this keeps up, me and my fellow lawyers will surely starve to death. We certainly will have to forego expensive safaris, scotch, and cigars.

Kidding aside, it is amazing how resolutions can be reached when everyone starts talking to each other rather than about each other.

Well done gentlemen.

Good hunting.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Sometimes when real men get together, things can get done. Now only if our world leaders could approach things the same way, I might be able to find federal ammo and primers.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the past it has become evident that I had some problems with Chifuti Safaris and with Dave fulson in particular. Yesterday this ugly little boil came to head and I am happy to report that a good lancing and some man to man conversation has brought about a happy outcome.

Dave is not nearly the rotten SOB that I had thought that he was. In fact I'd now have to say that he is a gentlemen and one who is true to his word. He doesn't make excuses he is a straight shooter with a low BS tolerance as am I. This whole thing could have been avoided with proper communication and explanation on both sides. As is often the case.

This morning we were able to clear the air on multiple subjects and we've both come to a mutual conclusion on what occurred on my hunt and afterward with the billing issue.

I won't get into it here as it is a private matter at this point but I will say that there were multiple miss communications with multiple people that caused the troubles we were having.

In closing I would like to say that I've made some comments about Dave and Andrew Dawson that in reflection are unfair and am taking this opportunity to put this all behind us and start off with a clean slate.

Greg Allyn

quote:
Take two guys that love Africa, buffalo in particular, both shoot Searcy double rifles and it would be hard to think we could get so sideways...but we did.A situation that had been stewing for a couple of years bubbled over last week and both Greg and I got our hackies up. The thing is, it was not even a situation between us that "lit the fuse" Greg and I have never met, spoke only once on the phone, and were ready to hook up in a back alley to at it. This morning I reached out to Greg to figure this out, or choose weapons, and what do you know? He really reminds me of, well, me. I liked the guy. Actually quite a bit ! I tried to listen to his thoughts on a situation that he had on a safari a few years back( one that I did not book ) and came to the conclusion that he had a good point to make, and was owed some answers to some questions he had. I tried to do that, and Greg excepted my thoughts and advice with an open mind. I believe that once we wound our necks in, we both ( I do for sure ) felt a bit foolish for letting the situation escalate far above where two pretty good guys should have let it go. I said so to Greg, and will say so here to the AR clan. I think that Greg and I are a lot alike in many areas and we both took shots without clearly identifying the proper target. One of my friends told me once "Fulson ,if you ever get reincarnated you will come back as either a leopard or a fire ant-they both bite if you piss 'em off" He knows me pretty well, but sometimes it is better to engage brain and maturity first. Not doing so helped create this silly situation.
Greg, I appreciate your thoughts, and your ability to listen to my thoughts. Lets make it a goal to shake hands at the next show , and if we are destined to "square off" let's square off over a couple of cold beers !
Cheers, Dave Fulson

You see gentlemen, this is the result of the way these things are supposed to be handled! This is why I’ve always said the poorest outcome to any conflict, is handed down by an internet KANGAROO COURT! Thank God this is settled, because not knowing either of these people other than on the internet, but from what I do know of all concerned, I like them all, and hate it when life time enemies are made with a “trial by Kangaroo court”.

Congratulations gentlemen! beer

Your mothers would be proud of you all! And for what it’s worth, I think most of the AR community is much better off this way! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Kumbaya Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12541 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is the way it works in the real world!!!
if you can talk sense thru my rage i listen
if i can talk sense thru your rage you listen
otherwise i beat you till you can't get up or you beat me till i can't get up.
no lawyers ,no police,no weapons.
just a good ole' fashion knock down, drag out,go to the gravel, ass whoopin. hammering
nice work fellas'
when you subtract macho testostrone from all the stuff i said,you solve it the way you guys did.
with respect,dignity and integrety.... patriot

now that the kiss and make up is over
have you 2 set a date?

"for the beer" Wink

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Sure, Dave may be a good guy, but can he have "power over all things shipping" like me?

Does he make unpaid government employees in third world countries do jobs more efficiently?

Can he influence the tides, moon phases and migration patterns like I can?

I didn't think so.

Dave call me when you can do all this, then I will be impressed. coffee
I'm going to get some milage out of this is it ruins me. Big Grin

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
but can he have "power over all things shipping" like me?

I thought that horse had done been rode to death and the Comanches came along, rode it some more and then ate it????????

The internet provides ue with many things, but in conversations with each other, especially on the "Kangaroo Court Forums" as MacD37 described them, we are robbed of emotions, facial expressions, voice inflections, and lots of other little nuances, that occur in face to face conversations.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell
I once dated two red headed ladies at the time , for several months, without either finding out about the other ! And I managed to do it without being shot, slapped, cut , or even having a drink thrown in my face. Thats harder than sneaking up on a sleeping leopard in the jesse wearing a suit of armor!
Controlling the tides and such is child's I say.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I meant "child's play "

Dave Fulson

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Wendell
I once dated two red headed ladies at the time ...

Say no more. I am impressed!

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
but can he have "power over all things shipping" like me?

I thought that horse had done been rode to death and the Comanches came along, rode it some more and then ate it????????

The internet provides ue with many things, but in conversations with each other, especially on the "Kangaroo Court Forums" as MacD37 described them, we are robbed of emotions, facial expressions, voice inflections, and lots of other little nuances, that occur in face to face conversations.

Discussions on the internet are much like war games, they lack the real element of danger of the face to face encounter. People, in anonymity, will say things they know would get them punched in real life.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wendell
I once dated two red headed ladies at the time , for several months, without either finding out about the other ! And I managed to do it without being shot, slapped, cut , or even having a drink thrown in my face. Thats harder than sneaking up on a sleeping leopard in the jesse wearing a suit of armor!
Controlling the tides and such is child's I say.

You don't have testicular fortitude until you can say I was dating one red head and she was there when I picked up on the second! Dating two girls behind each other's back is like looking at a leopard in a zoo. And if you want the real experience of a leopard charge, look your wife in the face during sex on your anniversary and say I wonder what it would be like to be with (insert wife's best friends name)?

WARNING! Anything I suggest for you to do was done so because I don't have to feel your pain. Your doing so is at your own risk, as I am married and have no monies.

Jon

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post

wave

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sofawas it a female leopard? and did yu kiss her before you slipped up on her lol

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if you want the real experience of a leopard charge, look your wife in the face during sex on your anniversary and say I wonder what it would be like to be with (insert wife's best friends name)?

Around here we call that "rodeo sex." After you make the comment try to see if you can stay on for eight seconds!

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Boar Hunter:

WARNING! Anything I suggest for you to do was done so because I don't have to feel your pain. Your doing so is at your own risk, as I am married and have no monies.

Jon

You only have no monies because you keep buying me nice anniversary presents! dancing six more days!

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Sure, Dave may be a good guy, but can he have "power over all things shipping" like me?

Does he make unpaid government employees in third world countries do jobs more efficiently?

Can he influence the tides, moon phases and migration patterns like I can?

I didn't think so.

Dave call me when you can do all this, then I will be impressed. coffee
I'm going to get some milage out of this is it ruins me. Big Grin

Wendell you da man!

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Hey! Wendell shaved his beard!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:
Wendell
I once dated two red headed ladies at the time ...

Say no more. I am impressed!

I had an employee in Russia that was married to two red heads at the same time - one in the UK and one in Russia (the Russian was dyed red, does that count?) He was one weird roughneck.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote