THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Formal charges against Out of Africa delivered to SCI Ethics Committee
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formal charges against Out of Africa delivered to SCI Ethics Committee
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I just read through th e SCI Trophy Times listings of the Convention hunt donations. I did not see OOA as a donor for RSA or Zim.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Do you think it's finally sinking in with SCI?

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Advert in the new Safari Times shows OOA selling hunts in RSA, Tanzania and Botswana (but not Zimbabwe).

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry are you able to post the advert here as you mention TZ and I would like to bring that up with our local association here.
Cheers,

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
From Page 9 of the November 2005 edition of Safari Times [the SCI monthly newspaper]

Regards,

Terry

P.S.
If you want a larger version, email me and I will send it to you.

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry,
That is great. I have forwarded to our Association for their attention.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwanamich

You may want to contact PHASA. They are having a meeting on ethical violation charges being brought (by PHASA) against OAAS. They may be able to supply TAHOA with their documentation and results of their investigation.
PHASA's meeting is December 12th

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I see their ad claims they are #1 in Southern Africa. Number one of what exactly? bewildered

~Ann

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We all know what they are number #1 at! jumping

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out this site;
http://www.africanindaba.co.za
Vol2/5 reports OAAS named in bribery case in Zimbabwe to allow illegal hunting

Volume No 2/4 reports;
irregularities in Zimbabwe hunting seen--scams for PH licenses

Volume 2/3 reports:
OAAS involved with Emmanuel Fundira who was arrested on externalizing cash etc..

interesting reading---- SCI should read the reports too! killpc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The PHASA hearing has been moved to February 15, 2006. Seems that OAAS's attorneys wanted to move the scheduled date. No decision until after SCI Convention thumbdown

However, their might be a temporary suspension of membership in place until the formal hearing resolves the matter---
can anyone clearify if this is the case? Is there a member of PHASA that can check if there is a temporary suspension in place?

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
I am bringing this post back for all those people claiming that no one on the SCI executive committee or the ethics committee knew anything about what Out of Africa was doing.

You are all despicable liars and enablers of Out of Africa, and as such, are just as responsible of these dead rhinos as if you pulled the trigger your selves.

Cheers, eh?

~ Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alan - I for one am not a despicable liar, not an enabler of OoA and didn't pull a trigger on any Rhino anywhere as your post lumps everyone but yourself together as bad guys. Are you a nut case or what?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Bunn:
I am bringing this post back for all those people claiming that no one on the SCI executive committee or the ethics committee knew anything about what Out of Africa was doing.

You are all despicable liars and enablers of Out of Africa, and as such, are just as responsible of these dead rhinos as if you pulled the trigger your selves.

Cheers, eh?

~ Alan

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Why do you have such a difficult time understanding plain English?

Alan wasn't including you, me or any other member of SCI as a club in his statement.

He meant those who HAVE been involved in this fiasco with Out of Africa, probably knowing full well what they were getting into. Especially after so many years of their operations.

At least that is the way I understood his statement above.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed - When Alan starts off a sentence with "You are all", in a seperate paragraph that pretty much includes "everyone" in my English comprehension. If that is not what was meant to be said, then maybe he should make it a little more clear and use some different wording?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Larry,

Why do you have such a difficult time understanding plain English?

Alan wasn't including you, me or any other member of SCI as a club in his statement.

He meant those who HAVE been involved in this fiasco with Out of Africa, probably knowing full well what they were getting into. Especially after so many years of their operations.

At least that is the way I understood his statement above.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Larry,

You need to refer to the previous para that ended in: "all those people claiming that no one on the SCI executive committee or the ethics committee knew anything about what Out of Africa was doing".

The sentence you mention was referring to the people mentioned there.

Damn the Boston tea party and the way these ex-colonials hijacked our noble language! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Larry,

You need to refer to the previous para that ended in: "all those people claiming that no one on the SCI executive committee or the ethics committee knew anything about what Out of Africa was doing".

The sentence you mention was referring to the people mentioned there.

Damn the Boston tea party and the way these ex-colonials hijacked our noble language! rotflmo

I think we should all ask the Queen nicely to take back this colony1

She cannot possible make it any worse than it is right now clap

At least people might start learning the Queen's English, and start to understand proper English too jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cheers, eh?

~ Alan

Ouch thats gonna leave a scar...

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Eish, Saeed. That's a tough ask.

We'd be OK with most of the country but those Californians might be a bit too much.

Still, look on the bright side. We could make 'em drive on the correct side of the road, use roundabouts, make and drink proper whisky instead of that cough syrup they call bourbon and even reinstigate proper spellings.

Not sure they'd understand cricket though........

jumping jumping jumping

Oh, and we refuse to accept Obastard as a British citizen unless he can prove he's an American one! rotflmo

Oh yes, and we'd insist SCI published proper accounts so the general public can see where their money goes. animal animal animal animal animal animal

I for one would be happy to retain their judicial system and if possible can be the Secretary of State for Texas please?..... I like Texas very much!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eish, Saeed. That's a tough ask.

We'd be OK with most of the country but those Californians might be a bit too much.

Still, look on the bright side. We could make 'em drive on the correct side of the road, use roundabouts, make and drink proper whisky instead of that cough syrup they call bourbon and even reinstigate proper spellings.

Not sure they'd understand cricket though........

jumping jumping jumping

Oh, and we refuse to accept Obastard as a British citizen unless he can prove he's an American one! rotflmo

Oh yes, and we'd insist SCI published proper accounts so the general public can see where their money goes. animal animal animal animal animal animal

I for one would be happy to retain their judicial system and if possible can be the Secretary of State for Texas please?..... I like Texas very much!

Steve,

spelling, not "spellings"

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Frank,

No mate. Spellings is correct because I refer to such things as:

The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (Feel free to look up 'vocabulary'). Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
cricket...?

Rugby, yes.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
cricket...?

Rugby, yes.

Rich
DRSS

Now you're talkin'! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
jumping jumping jumping

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shakari:
Frank,

No mate. Spellings is correct because I refer to such things as:

The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (Feel free to look up 'vocabulary'). [/QUOT

I think the winners should impose their lingo on the vanquished aggressors...
Could only be an improvement because most people in England can no longer speak English anyway, let alone write it!

This is not a personal insult aimed at you Steve, and if my smiley face box was cooperating I'd send you one!

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Hulme:
most people in England can no longer speak English anyway, let alone write it!

This is not a personal insult aimed at you Steve, and if my smiley face box was cooperating I'd send you one!

No offence taken mate.

Whenever I go back to the country of my birth and infant nurture (to coin a phrase) I feel like a stranger in a strange land (to coin another phrase) and can't wait to get the hell out of the cesspool of corruption, filth, immigrants and asylum seekers that the UK has become.

I feel my home is now in SA and if I had to leave this country, I'd choose to go to another African country and if that was impossible, I'd probably opt to move to the USA...... probably Texas.

The UK would probably be waaaaay down my list!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My PH introduced me to Rugby this last trip. As they say down south, "now that is some serious s--t!!". It's like a barroom brawl on a grass field. I wish we could get Vodacom Sports here.
If you aren't bleeding and they take you out, you can't go back in.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Yeah, it's a GREAT game huh!

If you have cable or satellite TV, I think there are a couple of channels that show games like the world cup and six nations etc.

I get an idea Setanta sports show the big games. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
cesspool of corruption, filth, immigrants

"I had to leave this country, I'd choose to go to another African country"

Steve, if this happened, wouldn't it make you an immigrant?

Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you're quite right Peter but it would make me an immigrant that invested my money into the country, didn't claim social scurity payments, was law abiding, spoke the language (more or less Wink ) and contributed to society in a positive manner.

Recent UK immigrants and asylum seekers don't usually do any of those things because most of them are the dregs of the world that were openly invited by the previous, left wing, traitorous, treasonous, verminous, war mongering Government.

If I had my way, half of the bastard Liebour politicians would face a court in the Hague and the other half in the Old Bailey and then the whole lot of 'em would be given the long drop with a short rope.

And after I'd finished with the politicians, I'd wade into the immigrants and asylum seekers who broke any UK law or refused to fit into UK society...... and then I'd deport the rest!

Do you think my attitudes would fit in with Texan society? rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
"Most" Steve?

Or the one's brought in by 11 years of Labour in an attempt to make the Conservatives unelectable?

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sorry mate. I did mean the ones that had been allowed in during the Liebour tenure and largely with the aid of the EU and their ridiculous yuman rietz act! Roll Eyes

I've amended my last post for clarity. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
beer

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
Larry Sellers,

A scalded dog is the one that howls.

Cheers, eh?

~ Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you think my attitudes would fit in with Texan society? rotflmo

Spot on. You're obviously a man of excellent taste. (Except for that uncalled for slur of one of the finest types of whisky on the planet.)

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Larry Sellers,

A scalded dog is the one that howls.

Cheers, eh?

~ Alan
Alan - So you actually did mean to include all SCI members in your blanket characterization in the previous statement? I would that is not the case.

I just joined SCI last month and this site just a week or so ago. I knew nothing of OOA until I found this forum so to say that all members of SCI are responsible for killing rhino's is simply not fair. (I know, screw being fair)

Posts: 129 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: 04 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
No, there are many SCI members who have fought long and hard with me to bring these people to justice.

There are a few who have fought long and hard to protect them. Now those protectors are scrambling for cover and babbling about how these poachers 'must be dealt with'.

Where were they when OoA poached out the confiscated farms and conservancies of Zimbabwe?

Where were they when their fellow SCI members were ripped off of their trophies and extorted for money?

Where were they when 25 lions were shot at Hwange at night, over bait, with lights, from vehicles, with electronic calls, on National Parks land?

Where were they when the "Ethics committee" failed to expel OoA for all these illegal acts?

It is only now that OoA has been convicted in Federal Court for smuggling, and that OoA has been caught killing over 100 endangered rhinos that they are suddenly disavowing and condemning them.

I hope you can clearly understand when I say the people who stood by and let this thing happen without a murmur, are guilty of the deaths of these rhinos, are guilty of the slaughter of the lions and plains game of Zimbabwe, and are guilty of the losses fellow SCI members incurred because they read the glowing hunt reports and booked hunts on their personal recommendations.

A lot of these evil deeds would have been avoided if OoA had been dealt with harshly from their first infraction.

So, what do you think? If someone had the power to stop all of this, and failed to do so for personal gain... are they innocent of any wrong doing?

Cheers,

~ Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
oh, come on now. if they had been properly dealt with 5 years ago, then Larry and DOJ would have nobody to vociferously defend. it's obvious that poor old Kevin Anderson was lied to and deceived by these scallywags and would NEVER HAVE BEEN A PART OF THIS EXCREMENT PILE. he's just another SCI innocent bystander caught up in the web of deceit. oops, gotta run- i hear the tooth fairy knocking at my door.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13443 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
oh, come on now. if they had been properly dealt with 5 years ago, then Larry and DOJ would have nobody to vociferously defend. it's obvious that poor old Kevin Anderson was lied to and deceived by these scallywags and would NEVER HAVE BEEN A PART OF THIS EXCREMENT PILE. he's just another SCI innocent bystander caught up in the web of deceit. oops, gotta run- i hear the tooth fairy knocking at my door.

jumping yuck jumping yuck jumping yuck jumping

That has to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read here! tu2 tu2

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

jumping yuck jumping yuck jumping yuck jumping

That has to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read here! tu2 tu2

It may be funny, but it's also the kind of post which gets everyone worked up for no reason. Because neither Larry nor DOJ are defending the actions of anderson or anyone else who has been involved in propping OOA up. They are simply backing SCI as a whole, as am I, and am sure they would like to see the guilty reap the whirlwind, as would I. Let's not confuse fiction with fact please. If there is anyone out there who supports kev anderson and/or any others who have abetted OOA, please could you speak up so that the fellows who are looking for a target can zone in on a legitimate one.

David

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote