New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB - $1,000,000.00 ZIM notes
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Hey.. I need a couple of these.. anyone got some?

for a joke at work

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39562 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also collect foreign money and would be tickled to purhcase some Zim bills, before they are all used for toilet paper.

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, used my last to light cigars while in Namibia last month... Smiler

Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Well, that is one way to become a "Millionare". lol

Keith

ps: it would be a neat thing to have

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I thought the new $200,000 Zim bill was the highest denomination?

Link to article.

[Put your pop-up blocker on if you are going to read the article.]

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
When I was there in June 2006 (before the revaluation of the notes) I asked two ladies at a curio shop in Bulawayo to give me change for one USD - they thought I was nuts, "you really want this stuff?" they asked. I assured them I did, and the two of them went to work counting bills for about 10 minutes and then handed me a stack of cash about 3 inches high. It contained mostly 20K bills. It's quite the conversation piece.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
okay, I would "settle" for a pile of 200,000 notes.... -- I'll give $5 USD for each one, up to 20 of the 200K notes

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
okay, I would "settle" for a pile of 200,000 notes.... -- I'll give $5 USD for each one, up to 20 of the 200K notes

Let's see, the black market rate is Zim250,000 to one USD, and some black-market traders think the recent devaluation is going to push that even higher...one said 600,000 to one by Monday but I am not sure I can see that. Eeker

Nope, I cannot cover the airfare on the arbitrage with your offer. Tempting though. Frowner

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I neglected to bring any notes back with me also. I would like one as well to put with my hunt souvenirs/journal and would offer the same after the others get theirs. Expired notes are fine!

I might have to call the PH to get one.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Thanks GUys... a kind gentleman has offered to transfer zim bucks to me!!

i need a "handful" of huge notes here in the office!

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
I brought back $ 500,000 last month but I gave it to my secretary as a "bonus"

Boy was she excited........for a little while Eeker

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I don't think they have these yet.

100,000 are the largest denominations I have seen so far.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I brought back 10 100,000 notes. Adding them to the tips for my favorite servers.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Do the Zimbabwe banks sell cashier's checks? If they do, how would I go about buying them?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
Do the Zimbabwe banks sell cashier's checks? If they do, how would I go about buying them?

Bill Quimby

Bill,

I have no idea.

But, the 100,000 Zim dollar "notes" are NOT cash, but bearer cheques.

This fact was brought to me when I thought I will play a trick on our cashier at the bank.

I took some cheques to deposit into my account, and one 100,000 Zim dollar note.

The manager started laughing as soon as she saw it, but kept na straight face when she handed it to the cashier to put into my account.

The cashier noticed the exipiray date, and came back to tell me that this was not a cash not, but a bearer cheque.

He said only bearer cheques have an expiry date, and he would be happy to add it to my account as soon as I can get that expiration date adjusted!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remember, Saeed ... when a person was only allowed to take 20 Zim dollars out of the country ... Times have changed. popcorn

Posts: 1543 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen ,heard and pulled several tricks with Zim dollars.
About the best I have heard is from my PH in Zim.
He came over for the SCI convention and was staying at a clients house on the way out. He had a large amount of Zim dollars that he was going to exchange but did not have the time. Upon arrival they all got together and went out for drinks at a tittey bar. He had no US dollars and started tipping with Zim dollars. It wasn't long until he was the main attraction. All of the dancers soon found out he was tipping with 10 thousand dollar bills.
Needless to say he was very well cared for. They only knew that they were legal bills but not the exchange rate. He refused to go back the next night knowing what was waiting for him. It seems that some of the dancers tried to deposit there money and found out it was worthless.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
If anyone has any information in getting some of these notes, let me know as I would definately be interested. Christmas is coming up and these would make great gifts.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 175 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow...a $100,000 Zim note for $90 US. I'm in the wrong business. Maybe the PH's should start selling Zim money on the side.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
US$90 for ZIM$100,000 is too steep! Would it be legal for Zimbabweans to sell Zim dollars (at a much more realistic rate, say 10% above the going Harare street price) at the African Hunter booth at the SCI convention? If so, I hope they save some for me.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the latest exchange is (ignoring the official ridiculous bank rate of 250 to 1) but 100K in Zim is less than $1 US.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yukon delta:
I don't know what the latest exchange is (ignoring the official ridiculous bank rate of 250 to 1) but 100K in Zim is less than $1 US.

The offical rate was changed when the Zim dollar was recently devalued. I believe it is now 33,000 to one USD. The black market rate is 250,000-280,000 to one or so I think.

A good place to keep up is www.zimbabwesituation.com. Allafrica.Com is not bad but includes the Herald stories.

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Cant you order currency at the bank?

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charles. I knew you would have the "411".

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ropes:
Cant you order currency at the bank?

Sure can. coffee

But Zim script is on the TP asle at the supermarket. lol

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote