Tools

Boddington Book sells for $ 30k
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
And if he's a poor writer as some have suggested, I guess I am a poor reader. His writing took me to Africa, and I return this summer for my 8th safari. Life for me has not been the same since. Thank you Colonel Boddington. And, thank you for your service. beer

He may be a poor writer, but I agree with surefire, I too must be a poor reader, because I have followed his writings in magazines sense he was really just a big kid,and have bought several of his books over the years. Attended several of his speaking at several hunting shows.

His bankruptcy is a public record, but like most here I have never read it, and don't care to! It is just my nature to not kick a man when he is down! That seems to be a very popular sport here!

.................................................................. 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With respect to his magazine articles, I personally thought his writing was better when he held the position with Petersen’s Hunting. It seems to have changed since he left.

I can remember reading one of his books long ago. I enjoyed it.

Good for the Foundation if they were able to raise that much money from a single book.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote