Find
Notify
Tools

traditional rifle sling
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted
Does any one (like Ray?) know where you can get a tradtional rifle sling with the leather thongs at either end instead of buckles? My .318 has the old-fashioned rings at the barrel band and buttstock and I hate to sulley her with metal attachments.
Thanx

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
<mufasa>
posted
Try WestleyRichards in Missouri. They are pricey but very good quality.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Sarge, I believe Lee LaBas carries traditional slings for boltguns and DB's. I think his addy is posted somewhere by Grumpa Ray.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Does any one (like Ray?)

Yes, I like him. He makes some witty quips from time to time.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trader Kieths

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get mine from Cabelas. They are about $30. Very nice quality It's marked webbing sling extendableAL689-LAR. Sometimes it's in the catalog sometimes not. I've bought one in the last six months though. I like them although they get dirty. I just wash with a scrub brush. They have some rubber threads on the underside that makes them stay on the shoulder well.

Posts: 70 | Location: So. Az | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damnit, I can't find offhand where I put all the cards from the ACGG show in January. there was a guy there from canada with the most beautiful leather you can imagine. he had slings and I specifically asked him about getting them with thongs and he said no problem. If you will send me an e-mail reminder I will work on finding that contact info for you. once found I will also post here.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Oldsarge

Ron Wharton (from Rigbys) www.bunduki.co.uk has the classic broad webbing sling with leather thongs.

Do not be put off by the crapy web site. When it comes to classic English rifles he is the best I know. It may be better to call him rather than email. He is a one man band and the workshop is higher in the priority list than the PC.

I'll be getting one myself in a couple of weeks to adorn my own 318.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sarge you have mail...but here tis

you can get about anything you want from this guy...including the Win. hook slings that someone asked about awhile back, but I don't recall who it was....He is formerly of Cape Outfitters but went on his own...

Jeff's Outfitters
573-651-3200
www.jeffsoutfitters.com

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I looked on his web site last night but couldn't find that type of sling. I tried for Sarge's sake, but got nowhere.

http://www.jeffmayfield.com/catalog/JeffsOutfitters.pdf

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Thanx Gents, I have contacted both Jeff and Bunduki. We will see what turns out. Again, muchisimas gracias.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep us posted.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Consider yourself posted. Jeff Mayfield reports that he carries such a sling @$44.95 plus shipping. I will be ordering within the next day or so. Will post pix (I hope! If I can learn how use my dig-cam. If I can figure out how to do so on this site . . .) when it's fitted to the .318.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will,
They are in the catalog..I don't know about the internet.

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oldsarge- I see you're just up the road from me. If you need help with that camera thingy and posting photos send me a PM and I'll see If I can help you out.The next few days will be surprisingly busy due to family obligations, but I'll help if I can.

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote