THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Tracks Across Africa......is it just me?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tracks Across Africa......is it just me?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trapper Tom:
Ivan Carter said the #1 watched show on the Outdoor Channel is Wardens. It has appeal to both hunters and non hunters. Look for more non hunting programs from the Outdoor Channel.

People like trainwrecks. Look how popular cops and Alaska State Troopers tv shows are.

Posts: 7781 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Wardens!
I'm from Montana and I can't stand the show. Made advertisement on softening view on Game wardens. They are nothing like what you see on TV. Not all of them , but most of them are immersed in their power and wielding it as well.
They should not be part of FWP as they only make us dislike FWP more.
I strayed...
I ran into it here in Montana, where hunters look at me like there is something wrong with me, killing elephants.
I enjoy hunting and killing and too bad even out own Outdoor channel falls for the political correctness.

Keep up the good work Dave. Great show...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
We may still see tuskless and those that pursue a bull even with the embargo in place. I still love the show's promotion of African hunting and support of our friends over there. It now appears to be the only game in town but it was always the best, in my opinion.

Dutch

Dutch,

Being good friends with Dave, he tells me the ele embargo has nothing to do with the lack of ele hunts on TAA these days. It is a mandate by the Outdoor Channel to cease showing them due to complaints by the antis after each ele hunt episode was shown. As we all know here on AR, even other hunters not familiar with Africa sometimes have strong misconceptions about elephant hunting and think they are truly endangered / not to be hunted. Many of these uninformed hunters complained as well.

Dave can correct me if I understood him incorrectly but for now, and probably the future, no more ele hunts on the Outdoor Channel at all, but it was not a TAA decision!!

Damn...the world has gone f@(king nuts in the last 6 & 1/3 years...2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37417 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
We may still see tuskless and those that pursue a bull even with the embargo in place. I still love the show's promotion of African hunting and support of our friends over there. It now appears to be the only game in town but it was always the best, in my opinion.

Dutch

Dutch,

Being good friends with Dave, he tells me the ele embargo has nothing to do with the lack of ele hunts on TAA these days. It is a mandate by the Outdoor Channel to cease showing them due to complaints by the antis after each ele hunt episode was shown. As we all know here on AR, even other hunters not familiar with Africa sometimes have strong misconceptions about elephant hunting and think they are truly endangered / not to be hunted. Many of these uninformed hunters complained as well.

Dave can correct me if I understood him incorrectly but for now, and probably the future, no more ele hunts on the Outdoor Channel at all, but it was not a TAA decision!!

Damn...the world has gone f@(king nuts in the last 6 & 1/3 years...2020

If the Outdoor Channel is going to bend because of the anti's, then maybe I should cancel my subscription to their programming.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Fieldsports Britain is fun to watch on their Youtube channel.

They slam anti's at every chance.

Fun to watch.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3105 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check that one out, Duckear. I'm so glad that I have two and 1/2 seasons of TAA, Dark and Dangerous as well as a myriad of other shows of ele hunting as well as all the great videos. Some of them have Gibbo hunting ele as well. That is how I want to remember him, finding that 70 lb'er for his client. He was so elated. Yes, I know he was hunting lion but at least I have him on tape. Great guy remembered.

Dutch