New
Find
Notify
Tools

moms in the hospital
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
About a year ago I sent out a couple hundred videos to AR members for free of one of my hunts because I wanted to share it. I didnt ask for anything in return until now.

My mom has cancer and they had to remove her voice box(last Saturday)- she will never speak again. The night before the sugery she said all she wanted to do was be able to travel again. So lets make it happen for her. She has been on 2 hunts with me and even met Saeed & Walter in the flesh.

She dosent want any "Get Well" cards. What would make her happy is pictures of where you live or perhaps pictures of a trip not necessarly a hunt but rather any adventure that you could share with her. That would do her more good than all the flowers in Holland.

She has been a world traveler for years, so if any of you could please send pictures(nothing fancy) of anything that you think might be of interest to her and a little story explaining the pictures. (Heck she thought the grocery store in Vic Falls was cool.) This way she can take a trip to where ever you can send her. It could be your back yard in Idaho, dosent matter.

Please send anything you can (print photo's only because she is in the hospital CD Roms etc. wont work)to:

Geraldine D. Petersen
3025 West Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
USA
702-893-6600

The Above Address is one of my offices so its cool to post it pubicly. The phone is the receptionst so its for Fed-X or another delivery service, not a contact for her or me.

So since we all travel the world please share your adventures with someone who needs it.

My best regards.

Eric Petersen

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Just got the big "C" news about my wife this past Thursday, so I know how you feel. (Debbie's cancer is very, very treatable, thank God). You betcha a picture is on the way tomorrow! My prayers are with you and your mother.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Done Eric, my best wishes to her also. I had a wonderful trip to Costa Rica a few years back. Not a hunting trip just an over land exploration of the countryside and did some diving at the end. Met lots of locals and the little towns were very friendly. What a neat little country!

I would like to do something similar like that in the Galapagos someday. Just to see something so unusual as that place. Another fascinating place I will see someday is Madagascar...

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences, brother. All one can do is tell her what you feel NOW as later may never come. If I still had old pics, I'd send them.

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Eric,

My best wishes to your mother on a speedy recovery.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric, my prayers are with your mother. The most interesting place I have ever been is the rain forest in Cameroon. I will dig through my pictures and send her some. I hope she enjoys them.

Mike

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Eric,

As you may remember, I just went through a similar situation with my mom. I will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Be thankful for the time that you have with her.

Maybe you could print out the photos from the post I just did on photos from my last trip. If not, let me know and I will print out some copies to send.

Regards,
Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Eric,
Even if I'd not received a video, for a fellow AR's mother, anything. Will go through some pics I've taken around the world (over 22 countries) and put together a package. My best wishes and prayers for her health.
Max

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a nice idea! Sounds like she's in good hands...

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Photos are on the way. I had a personal cancer scare a couple years back and, as you well know, it's a horrible experience. My prayers are with you and your family.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Eric

Best wishes to your mother. Will have a look through my drawers and drawers of transparencies for some to scan, print and send.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Eric

I appreciated the video very much and I will arrange photos for your mother today from Sweden, Poland, Africa and Spain.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do!

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I received your video last year..thanks again. I'm not a shutterbug so have nothing to offer but my thoughts and prayers. Your Mom sounds like a great lady...cherish her.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I havent seen any of the worlds more exotic places yet but as a soldier I have been to a few different places and would love to send her some pics and stories to go along with them. Stories are one thing a GI is never short on. I even have a few of my "back yard in Idaho". Being that my backyard has a great view of the Tetons makes it even better.

A year ago my mother had emergency open heart surgery to have two heart valves replaced with artificail ones. It was a very scary and emotional time. Not being able to be there was the worst part. But all went well and she is doing great now. I can sympathise with what you must be going through. Please wish her all the best from me and my family. A package will be enroute shortly.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Eric, I'll happily dig up some pictures for your mom. I doubt I have anything real exotic, but they might be a little interesting. Consider them on the way.

Best wishes to your mom and to you in this time of trouble.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do Eric, and I wish her the best.

Posts: 988 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Poor woman. I hope she does well. Good luck!

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lost my MOM to lung cancer 6 years back and I was really missing her last week(MOTHER'S DAY).Glad to send some picks and a line to your MOM . This little chore may be more beneficial to me than her and I welcome the opportunity .
My prayers are for her speedy recovery...eyedoc

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LV Eric, I'm afraid I don't have any interesting photos, but you and your mother have my fervent prayers.

Posts: 157 | Location: The Edge of Texas | Registered: 26 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there an email address I could send some pics to?

Give your mom my best wishes,

Curt

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LV Eric,
Just put together a few photos from around home here, the colors in the fall are beautifull from all the trees turning. My note is on the back of a card my little girl drew for your Mom when she asked what the pictures were for.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote