Find
Notify
Tools

Anti hunting replies ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted
I need some help finding a few fairly recent posts on AR that were really good replies to anti-hunting efforts. The latest one specifically was very good and I just cannot find it. Nor can I remember who posted it.

Can anyone give me the contents and/or the link please!

Johan

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Are you refering to the gentelman who ran a website about crow hunting and his replies to antis? I think his group was crow busters or something like that.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Brett

Could have been! All I do remember was that it was a letter/e-mail to someone and it was very good - polite and professional and not very long. I may be wrong, but I remeber that it was a guy from SA that posted it.

Johan

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You might be thinking about something Vlam/Ian Blakeway wrote......... can't remember what thread it was though.

posted Hide Post
Go to bowsite.com and look at the Infamous letter thread in the forums.

Posts: 15 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Steve,

That does ring a bell. Let me know if you find it!

Johan

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Eric

Found it ... thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Eric Titus:
Go to bowsite.com and look at the Infamous letter thread in the forums.

Johan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Johan,

I have Ian's response saved. I'll forward it to you today.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12876 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I have Ian's response saved. I'll forward it to you today.

Thanks Mark

I've wasted enough time looking for the friggin thing ... Smiler

Johan

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
So, now that the rest of us are in suspense over this letter; Mark, can you cut and paste it on here so the rest of us can read it?

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
While searching through the archives... thanks to Pat and his "Search Feature". I came across this letter... The "letter" was a response to a young student that had seen some turkey pics and felt compelled to e-mail this gentleman her dislikes about hunting. The gentleman (Darrell) in short order and very nicely... put her in her place. Ouch! ;-)

here we go... (first part is from the young lady)

Hello,

I just wanted to ask how I can get started in the animal killing business. I saw the pictures of you and your friends sitting with your victims and thought that you must be such talented and manly men to be able to kill these unarmed, defenseless creatures with only a shotgun? I was just thinking that something like that would probably take my 4 year old nephew about a week to learn so you must have learned in about 8 days or so. Wow! Anyway, I hope that your power-hungry egos are satisfied and fulfilled with these acts of murder, and that you've found some cheap excuse to justify yourself. I guess you're conscience was just as easy to kill as they were. Bye.

Sonia Bermudez

The Response:

Sonia,

For your information, we are all "animal killers." This may be difficult for you to accept, but you also are the reason that animals die. Please let me explain: Do you eat any meat? Do you go to McDonalds or have a little pepperoni on your pizza. Sorry to disappoint you, but that meat came from a dead animal. Yes, I kill deer and elk and other game animals, but at least my animals are treated with respect and allowed to live a free and wild life. Your meat is killed in "slaughter houses" after being penned and trapped for months being forced to eat what will make them tender rather than what they choose.

Oh, are you a vegetarian? Guess what, you still are responsible for the deaths of countless animals. Do you realize that the farmers that grow your veggies regularly kill jack rabbits and other "pests" who interfere with the growing process of your veggies. Do you realize that they eliminated animals that once grazed on the land they now farm so that you can eat tofu?

Do you own anything leather? A purse, a belt, a pair of shoes? What about your automobile? Does it have a leather steering wheel or leather seats? Do you think that the animals that provided that leather did so and lived to tell about it? No, they died so that you could have what you want.

Do you live on land that used to be habitat for some wild animal? Do you drive on roads that were paved over the top of rodents and that displaced the animals that once migrated across them? Since you are writing me from an "edu" address, do you live in a dorm or an apartment? If you do, they must certainly spray to kill roaches and other pests as well as poison any mice and rats that find their way into your dwelling area.

As far as where I get my justification, I get it from the ultimate authority, God himself. Genesis 9:2-3 After the flood, God told Noah: "The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

In Acts 10, he tells Peter "Rise kill and eat."

As far as skill goes, hunting is a skill that requires much work, experience and insight. Also, for your information, I hunt with a bow and not a shotgun, though I have no problems with my hunting brothers who use a shotgun.

If, in a few years, your 4 year old nephew is interested in learning how to hunt, I will be more than happy to take him with me and show him some of the ways of the wild. I will show him how to read tracks in the sand and in the snow. I will show him the incredible power of the majestic elk. I will teach him how to try and outsmart a bull elk by imitating the calls of the elk. I will show him how to make a clean, humane kill. One that causes the least amount of suffering possible. Then, I will show him how to take care of the meat so that it can be enjoyed by himself and others. It will do him well to learn that he was created at the top of the food chain and doesn't have to live a life destined to tofu and veggie burgers. I will show him how to hunt with honor and how to appreciate the incredible creation that God has for us. I will show him why we need to protect our National Forests and other places where wild animals are allowed to roam free. I will teach him many things, but most important, I will teach him about his creator who loved him so much that he came and died for him.

I apologize if my hunting offends you. I ask, however, that you give some real consideration to the big picture. Yes, I kill animals, but so do you. The difference is only that I do for myself AND YOU HIRE SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT FOR YOU!

Have a great day,

Darrell Brazell

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I hate to admit that I cannot find it either. I've asked Ian to forward it to me.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12876 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

I hate to admit that I cannot find it either. I've asked Ian to forward it to me.

Mark

Dear Peter

I thank you for your concern.
It is obvious to me that you care about our wildlife as much as I do. However you may have been misled into believing that what you have stated is true.
You see as a conservationist first, I know that without hunting there would not be the Africa you speak of.
The long and short of it is that in Africa anything that wants to stay, simply has to pay.
It has been proven over the centuries that anything with no commercial value will be pillaged due to the fact that no one is there to protect it.

A very good example is Kenya, since they ceased hunting there, the once vibrant landscape has been pillaged by poachers to the extent that some game parks now are no longer an attraction at all. Their elephant and Rhino populations are once more endangered and there is not enough funding to support their growing need for security. A sad state of affairs considering what they once were. Look on the flip side of this coin at South Africa. South Africa has embraced hunting as a viable way to ensure that wild animals and wilderness have a high commercial value. In so doing there are now greater numbers and more diversity here than at the turn of the last century. Ask any of the great conservationists and they will tell you that hunting is an integral part of the conservation process. If you are looking for an outsiders opinion you can even consult the makers of the BBC documentary, “Big Cat Diaries”, one of their presenters is making a documentary in which he states that Hunting may be the only viable tool in truly conserving wild lion populations. Now that packs a lot of punch considering that the BBC is mostly anti consumptive tourism.

Now many people often bring up tourism and particularly “Photographic Tourists” as the alternative to hunting, the truth of the matter however is that most “Tourists” are simply that, people looking to relax in a luxurious lodge. We cater to their needs in great style, just take a look at places like Phinda or Mala-Mala. But for the most part, the rest of Africa outside of the big attractions is just too rough a place for most. You see it takes a special kind of person to put up with biting flies, long days out in the field, damp and humid conditions and not to mention heat. These men and women who pursue their passion for hunting go places others wont and in so doing extend the flow of foreign currency into areas that would otherwise not see a cent. In opposition to your standard lodge there is also a lot more money going directly into the hands of the people this way. Many of the foreign hunters I know bring along with them crates of food, clothing and most importantly first world educational supplies, not something that your average “Tourist” might consider doing.
There is one other major advantage to the hunting Tourist and that is that they do very little damage to the environment. For the money that 1 hunter brings in to the country it would take an average of 12 conventional tourist. That means twelve times the air traffic, twelve times the vehicles, twelve times the amount of waste and hence twelve times the impact on the surrounding environment.

In the grand scheme of things I like to weigh them up by their end result, in this case I believe that only hunting will allow us to preserve our wild places, and hence I as a proud South African, being white and with a mixed background of English, Dutch, French, German and Norwegian; am also a proud conservationist and a proud hunter.

I enjoy a sport, which I have made into a profession and which I know is making a difference in Africa. How many people you know can actually say that they can measure the difference they have made, or count the animals that they actively conserve. I know I can.

Anyway Peter, I hope you have a great day and that perhaps you will take me up on an offer to come to Africa and explore some of the wild places I call home. I dare say you would leave here with a changed perception and a new goal to pursue through your dedication to whichever cause you support.

Kind regards
Ian Blakeway

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Thanks!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
That's the one ... thanks guys!

Johan

One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SilentT:
While searching through the archives... thanks to Pat and his "Search Feature". I came across this letter... The "letter" was a response to a young student that had seen some turkey pics and felt compelled to e-mail this gentleman her dislikes about hunting. The gentleman (Darrell) in short order and very nicely... put her in her place. Ouch! ;-)

here we go... (first part is from the young lady)

Hello,

I just wanted to ask how I can get started in the animal killing business. I saw the pictures of you and your friends sitting with your victims and thought that you must be such talented and manly men to be able to kill these unarmed, defenseless creatures with only a shotgun? I was just thinking that something like that would probably take my 4 year old nephew about a week to learn so you must have learned in about 8 days or so. Wow! Anyway, I hope that your power-hungry egos are satisfied and fulfilled with these acts of murder, and that you've found some cheap excuse to justify yourself. I guess you're conscience was just as easy to kill as they were. Bye.

Sonia Bermudez

The Response:

Sonia,

For your information, we are all "animal killers." This may be difficult for you to accept, but you also are the reason that animals die. Please let me explain: Do you eat any meat? Do you go to McDonalds or have a little pepperoni on your pizza. Sorry to disappoint you, but that meat came from a dead animal. Yes, I kill deer and elk and other game animals, but at least my animals are treated with respect and allowed to live a free and wild life. Your meat is killed in "slaughter houses" after being penned and trapped for months being forced to eat what will make them tender rather than what they choose.

Oh, are you a vegetarian? Guess what, you still are responsible for the deaths of countless animals. Do you realize that the farmers that grow your veggies regularly kill jack rabbits and other "pests" who interfere with the growing process of your veggies. Do you realize that they eliminated animals that once grazed on the land they now farm so that you can eat tofu?

Do you own anything leather? A purse, a belt, a pair of shoes? What about your automobile? Does it have a leather steering wheel or leather seats? Do you think that the animals that provided that leather did so and lived to tell about it? No, they died so that you could have what you want.

Do you live on land that used to be habitat for some wild animal? Do you drive on roads that were paved over the top of rodents and that displaced the animals that once migrated across them? Since you are writing me from an "edu" address, do you live in a dorm or an apartment? If you do, they must certainly spray to kill roaches and other pests as well as poison any mice and rats that find their way into your dwelling area.

As far as where I get my justification, I get it from the ultimate authority, God himself. Genesis 9:2-3 After the flood, God told Noah: "The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

In Acts 10, he tells Peter "Rise kill and eat."

As far as skill goes, hunting is a skill that requires much work, experience and insight. Also, for your information, I hunt with a bow and not a shotgun, though I have no problems with my hunting brothers who use a shotgun.

If, in a few years, your 4 year old nephew is interested in learning how to hunt, I will be more than happy to take him with me and show him some of the ways of the wild. I will show him how to read tracks in the sand and in the snow. I will show him the incredible power of the majestic elk. I will teach him how to try and outsmart a bull elk by imitating the calls of the elk. I will show him how to make a clean, humane kill. One that causes the least amount of suffering possible. Then, I will show him how to take care of the meat so that it can be enjoyed by himself and others. It will do him well to learn that he was created at the top of the food chain and doesn't have to live a life destined to tofu and veggie burgers. I will show him how to hunt with honor and how to appreciate the incredible creation that God has for us. I will show him why we need to protect our National Forests and other places where wild animals are allowed to roam free. I will teach him many things, but most important, I will teach him about his creator who loved him so much that he came and died for him.

I apologize if my hunting offends you. I ask, however, that you give some real consideration to the big picture. Yes, I kill animals, but so do you. The difference is only that I do for myself AND YOU HIRE SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT FOR YOU!

Have a great day,

Darrell Brazell

Damn that is a good letter - I am going to save this for future reference. clap

"Tackle all stressful situations like a dog –if you can’t eat it or roll in it then piss on it and walk away."

Posts: 38 | Location: Maun, Botswana | Registered: 16 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I get them too (hate mail) I just got one on Sunday, and I decided to write a response.

In the interest of clarity, I will post my response with her tex above it.

Me Red Text
Her: Blue Text

Mr. Wendell;

I am not going to begin by sounding like an anti-hunt activist, I am not. I fully support hunting when it is conducted in a manner that is both humane and necessary. I fully understand the cause and effect of over/under population of any given species. I also understand the necessity for hunting worldwide for food. However, the graphic nature of your (or whomever's) television show ("Quest One") are absolutely horrific! I have seen many television shows that are for hunters and outdoors men and women that do not show the actual impact of an animal being injured/killed.

The killing of an Elephant is a graphic vision. I am sorry you stumbled upon it. Nothing about the death of an Elephant is nice. But, I had nothing to do with the hunt or the TV show. Our companies simply share one of the same word "Quest".

Unfortunately, while searching channels, the program, "Quest One," came on for approx. 3-5 sec's, just long enough to catch a glimpse of a hunt whereby a man was in the process of shooting a 12000 pound elephant; it was eventually shot again, and then again! In the meantime, the camera crew did not focus on filming this, "hunter," and his technique or experience and expertise mind you; instead, they showed the elephant's body jolting with each impact of each bullet. I'm still not convinced it was dead after the last shot was finally inflicted by the guide (NOT the hunter himself). If you cannot accurately hit a target the size of an elephant with a kill shot as a hunter, perhaps a new hobby requiring less accuracy would be highly recommended! This was the first time in my life I was ever grateful for a commercial! Thank you God

I will assume you are not a hunter. If you are, I can safely assume you are not an Elephant hunter.

If you hunt anything, your goal should be a quick, clean and painless as possible kill. Once you have made the first shot, there is no turning back. At that point, you must do everything in your power to expedite the process. Nobody wants to see an animal suffer. Thus the additional shots. The final shot (I am only assuming because I did not see the show) was likely administered by the professional hunter (the hunting guide) after the Elephant was down and appeared to be dead. This is insurance that the Elephant is in fact dead. It serves to make certain that there is no more suffering and to make certain that the Elephant does not come to his senses and kill the hunter and professional hunter.

A brain shot is the quickest, most humane method of killing an Elephant. The brain is the size of a loaf of bread and lies inside an enormous head. Determining the exact location is sometimes difficult. When the location is determined, even a perfectly aimed shot may miss the brain. A bullets path can be deflected by a twig on teh way to the Elephant, it can be deflected inside the head before it reaches the brain, there are many possibilities.

If they used a heart/lung shot, additional rounds are usually fire to insure the death comes quickly, once again, minimizing the suffering.

I do not find it, in the least, appropriate and was extremely appalled at the slow slaughter of this enormous, beautiful animal; but hey, just go to another country, pay a $12,000. fee and you get your very own guide and a, "Hunting Expedition," (a term I will use lightly in this case) and there you are, an, "official hunter!"

Elephant hunts are some of the most grueling, difficult hunts in Africa. Most are 14-21 days for a reason. Lots of walking and lots of looking and turning down immature Bulls, or cows or young Bulls. The goal is to shoot an old bull. One that is closer to the end of his life anyway. This is typically the goal of any sport hunting. Talking the older, mature animals and leaving the younger males and females to breed. Unless done strictly for food or population control, it is the older males that are hunted.

Just for information, this is not a fast moving animal, therefore, negating the worry of having only one shot at it. They are also unable to adequately run for cover/safety after hearing and/or being inflicted by the first shot!

You have obviously never met an Elephant! They are extremely fast, and can quickly avoid a hunter. Many stalks on old Bulls are foiled by a shift in the wind. When the Elephant smells the hunter, even if he is at close range, the ELephant is gone. The goal of the hunter is not to put a bullet anywhere in an Elephant, the goal is to place one accurate shot and kill the Elephant cleanly and effectively. Pot shots are never taken. The risk of wounding and loosing an Elephant is great if this is attempted.

As if this isn't enough, this poor animal lie on the ground at least several minutes only to be followed by being inflicted by several more gun shots (which was very clearly depicted.) This only AFTER the guide and, "hunter" took their sweet, happy time celebrating as they waltzed their way over to the wounded animal to finally mortally wound it.

Once again. A clean quick kill is the desired goal. No un-necessary suffering.

Why not just shoot fish in a barrel, at least the, "hunter" wouldn't have to walk so far after the kill! If you want to be a real hunter, try for a turkey this Thanksgiving or is that too difficult? Maybe that's too much like real hunting. Waiting in a wooded area without borders or fences for hours on end in whatever type weather might be like that day. So, instead, let's go for an elephant; slow, big target, relatively defenseless,

Um what? Have you noticed the two spears that grow on the front of an Elephant? Have you ever heard of the amount of death Elephants dish out each year? Are you completely unaware of the Elephant as one of the top 3 killers in Africa? Hippos win because they kill a lot of people at once in boats, kind of unfair because they can rack up huge numbers with one attack. Crocodle take some people occasionally, but not nearly as many as the Elephant. Elephants take more humans than any other animals other than Hippo. Why do you think they call it "Dangerous game hunting" Elephants are extremely dangerous and if they ever catch you, you will not likely make it out alive. They do not normally seek out humans, but sometimes, they do. ANd you can not run faster than the Elephant. Your oly hope is to zig and zag and hope the Elephants poor eyesight leaves you an opportunity to escape.

If you (again, or whomever) owns these, "hunting expeditions," the selection of the weapons being used should be much more appropriate for the particular animal that is being hunted! After watching the slow death of this poor elephant, I was ready to offer my .40 mm as it seemed to be a far superior alternative than the rifle with which the guide and, "hunter" were equipped!

I think you may mean .40 caliber, not 40 mm. A 40 mm is only reserved for battleships and possibly bombers as it is not a shoulder fired weapon.

I can assure you they were using adequate calibers. It is illegal to use a caliber that is not "up to the task". Each country has their own guidelines, and they require a very potent caliber adequate for the animals being hunted.

Should this not be directly related to you, however, I used the web site that was listed. Please e-mail me with the correct info. so that I may forward it to the correct contact person.

I do not know who it is, but hopefully you have learned something.

What you likely do not understand is that Elephant hunting is done in free range environments under strict quota allocations by the host country (Botswana, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Namibia etc.) And our US Fish and Wildlife Department issues import permits for the tusks and hide based on the approval of that countries management plans. It is a very strict, very regulated industry designed to benefit the Elephant populations through community involvement and financial benefit for the Elephants and the local community.

Seeing an Elephant die is difficult for anyone, even the hunter. There is an odd mix of emotions when an Elephant is killed. There is joy at the accomplishment, after many days and many miles of tracking. There is sadness and sympathy for the death of a great majestic animal. These are feminine emotions that should have no place in the "macho world" of Elephant hunting right?

I think you would be amazed to see the respect and emotions that accompany a true Elepahnt hunter. There is no joy in simply seeing the death of a great Elephant, but "on film" you may not see it.

Ok, now here is her reply to this email.

Mr. Reich,
Thank you for responding to my e-mail and apologize for associating you with the television show. This is the reason I applied the parenthesis to, "or whomever." As for the correction of my weapon description, this is how we abbreviate at the Police Department where I am employed as we all know what caliber our weapons are. And no, I have never been on a hunt outside the U.S. My main complaint with this show was the degree of graphics depicted in the actual kill. This show aired early in the morning when my 7 yr. old daughter could have possibly seen it. (I'm sure probably better parenting is what you're most likely thinking...my daughter gets up anytime starting at 5 AM) Although she is closely watched and all TV content, etc. is screened prior to her being allowed to watch something today's technology is very advanced which makes blocking certain channels very difficult if not impossible.

If you happen to know the show I am familiar with, I would greatly appreciate their information so that I may direct my comments to them rather than you. I appreciate the info. you provided in your return e-mail, however, as you stated, it did not appear to be a very sportsman/hunting like program. This is what upset me the most which caused immediate firing off an e-mail. I just could not believe their laid back attitude while killing such a, "majestic animal!"

Nowhere in the world, especially in any law enforcement field, would it be acceptable to substitute 40 mm for 40 cal. Your inability to admit fault has clouded your outlook. But this is not the point of the email.

Regarding the Elephant, it is a pity when facts can not sway opinions. Where objective thinking is replaced by emotions and subjective reasoning.

I regret taking the time to attempt to explain it to you.

Good day.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ought to point out to the fool that 40mm = 1.574804"

A bit to large for an issue service weapon, or even an elephant rifle, unless you are Bell, Baker or one of the other greats from the earliest days.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, she said
".40 mm"
and that is 0.015748 inch.

That is a mighty tiny gun issued to that "policewoman."
And that is a mighty good thing,
considering the small size of the brain she was issued at birth.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
RIP,

You are right. I missed that. Must be in California. Hopefully they round up when they name it.

What do you carry?

I carry a "two" It fires 1 grain needles at 10 fps. It is quite annoying and totally harmless. Luckily the magazine holds about 50,000 rounds.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
No, she said
".40 mm"
and that is 0.015748 inch.

That is a mighty tiny gun issued to that "policewoman."
And that is a mighty good thing,
considering the small size of the brain she was issued at birth.

Yes, you are right!

Adds a new twist to the definition of a stopping round.

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote