Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Ray

Also I believe he killed his lion with Fireplug
his 360 Super Scout, a 350 Remington Magnum, with a magazine about 1/8th inch longer, seating the 250gr Swift A Frame out accordingly.

He shot his lion at about 10 or 11 yards if I remember correctly.

Your right 360 not 375. Sorry, for some reason I was remembering 375?!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
The 375H&H may not be perfect for anything, but it is completely adequate for everything.

As others have said, it's sorta like the 30-06 in that regard.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
because it is adequate for everything, it is perfect.

i've gone to using my sako for nearly everything i hunt. it's a smaller trimmer rifle than the cz and savage, no it's not crf but i've never ever had a misfeed in it. anyway, it's about 8.5 lbs or so and i use the 235gr bullets in it for deer and small stuff and bigger for the large stuff depending on my mood and if i'm not hunting with one of the pistols.

sounds pefect to me.

Posts: 559 | Location: texas | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 375H&H may not be perfect for anything, but it is completely adequate for everything.

Boy, that sums it up well in one sentence.

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
I like her for driven hunts in Europe and it`s a damn fine caliber for Africa. Didn`t had the chance to test it on bears.

posted Hide Post
The 375 question is like asking if a Zebra is black with white stripes or white with black stripes.

IMO, the 375 is the all around African game caliber as is the 300 for No. American game. Adjust your bullet and placement, that's what counts.

I purchased my 375 by recommendation from PH's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My PH told me that the 375 was used in culling out elephant herds because the PH could stand off and shoot at 100 yards and count on the 375's accuracy at that range and its penetration. I never saw him do it, of course, but I did trust his integrity and that he wasn't lying to me. Me? I killed my buff with a 375 H&H very quickly. What else can you ask from a cartridge? ( Full disclosure {as we say in the States} - I am a lover of the 375 H&H) Smiler I put a smiley but there is a serious point here - It's the rifle you feel confident with and even enjoy shooting that will kill best {no flinching}. The 375 is one of those calibers (calibres to my English friends) for me. So is the 470 NE. (for me, anyways) The 375 H&H has been around in Africa since 1912. That says something about its performance. Just my thoughts.

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found it to be very good for
Eland
Kudu
Gemsbok
Zebra
Blesbok
Warthog
Blue Wildebeest

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote