THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Currency- What Is Your Safari Worth?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Currency- What Is Your Safari Worth?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
I was looking over the exchange rates this morning and thought I would post the current rates for many of our favorite African hunting destinations:

1 USD = 4.93707 BWP (Botswana Pula)
1 USD = 23,150.00 MZM (Mozambique Meticais)
1 USD = 6.86002 NAD (Namibia Dollars)
1 USD = 6.86002 ZAR (South African Rand)
1 USD = 1,114.33 TZS (Tanzania Shilling)
1 USD = 4,770.00 ZMK (Zambia Kwacha)
1 USD = 5,099.50 ZWD (Zimbabwe Dollars)

If anyone wants to keep track then bookmark this currency converter website.

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outside of the rand, are any of these currencies worth anything outside the borders of the issuing country?

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
The Rand needs to be about 8-8.5 per dollar. The weak dollar is a real problem for travel to Africa or Europe.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
I am hoping the most recent economic news and will lead to a rise in the dollar against the rand. The news this past week helped, as I saw it actually above 7-1 on Friday. I don't think 8-1 rates will be seen until August at best, by which time the Fed here will take action and increase interest rates.

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSEK
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, the prices that I recieved for my hunt were in USD. If I had been quoted prices in Euro's it would have been bad news. The decline of the dollar is really a burden on US travellers abroad.

Posts: 308 | Location: In transit | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Outside of the rand, are any of these currencies worth anything outside the borders of the issuing country?

The Bostwana Pula is a hard currency (well hard for Africa) with the Botswana economy being stronger than South Africas.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
What is my safari worth?

As the advertisements say: "Priceless."

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote