THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Trophies never recieved from 2008 hunt with Lategan Safaris, problem with shipper PTE

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophies never recieved from 2008 hunt with Lategan Safaris, problem with shipper PTE
 Login/Join

posted
A while back I posted about my difficulties with not getting back trophies from a hunt in South Africa in Aug-Sept 2008. I didn't name people at the time, but since I still have no trophies I'd thought I'd post and warn others.
The trophies that have not yet shipped include a Cape Buffalo, 2 Lionesses, an Eland and numerous other plains game, so we talking many tens of thousands of dollars.
The PH involved was Bennie Lategan of Lategan Safaris. After the trip he essentially stopped answering my emails regarding the inability to get my animals shipped, and refused to call me when he was in the US doing shows. The taxidermist who did the dip and pack was Joe Regal and the shipper was to be Professional Trophy Exporters in JoBurg. Bennies US rep William Smith did try to help sort this out but I this point I still don't know what exactly happened and if my trophies are still somewhere and if so if they're completely ruined at this point.
If any one wishes they may contact me for more information.
I have just learned that may have been related to PTE going under financially.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Classic.

Happens all the time. The Soweto Car hire, roofing and hunting company is another to avoid.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9902 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck
fairgame
you forgot undertaker and barber shop

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't have trouble with the PH but my taxidermist had a major heart attack. It's now 2 1/2 years and they begin to dribble in. The resemblance to African game is only coincidental.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camarillo Brillp:
A while back I posted about my difficulties with not getting back trophies from a hunt in South Africa in Aug-Sept 2008. I didn't name people at the time, but since I still have no trophies I'd thought I'd post and warn others.
The trophies that have not yet shipped include a Cape Buffalo, 2 Lionesses, an Eland and numerous other plains game, so we talking many tens of thousands of dollars.
The PH involved was Bennie Lategan of Lategan Safaris. After the trip he essentially stopped answering my emails regarding the inability to get my animals shipped, and refused to call me when he was in the US doing shows. The taxidermist who did the dip and pack was Joe Regal and the shipper was to be Professional Trophy Exporters in JoBurg. Bennies US rep William Smith did try to help sort this out but I this point I still don't know what exactly happened and if my trophies are still somewhere and if so if they're completely ruined at this point.

I had an issue like yours and it turned out the operator didn't pay the concession owner and he held the skins. It got sorted and even though it took a year the skins were fine. My suggestion is write and threaten him with a complaint to SCI or any other show sponsor he will attend. If that doesn't work sue and serve him at the show. That got my problem solved. I assume you are properly payed up on your end?

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

Posts: 101 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Absolutely superb Lion.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9902 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everyone's suggestions both public and private. I see that Bennie Lategan will be at the Dallas Safari Club show in January so I will drop them a line.
If there's any attorneys interested in helping please PM me.
And yes I paid the PH and taxidermist in full. Never got to the point where I could pay the shipper.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camarillo Brillp:

Something seems odd here. You have a PH, Taxidermist, and US agent that are failing to communicate with you. I am indicating that you are the person at fault but experience has also told me that there are two sides to every story and we are missing a vital one here.

Good luck with the sutuation and keep us posted on how things end up.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well there may be hope. It seems that PTE has gone bankrupt or some such and finally my trophies are at another shipping agency.
I'm crossing my fingers.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
My recommendation is you ship with Safari Cargo. They are bonded and can afford to pay any insurance claim you might have, which hopefully will be none. You will have a choice whether to ship via ocean or air cargo. Ocean will take about 3 weeks to reach NY. Air is about 7 days including airport staging and flight. Hope it works out for you.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Trophies are now at Safari Cargo and some permits are being reissued, lost when PTE went under. Hopefully trophies will ship soon.