THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Trijicon or other illuminated reticle scopes?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon or other illuminated reticle scopes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You get what you pay for !!!

+1

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also agree that you get what you pay for.

I have more than one of both the trijicons and a couple of the Swarovski illuminated scopes as well as a Leupold and a Kahles.

The Trijicon is great if you are using it as a defensive gun with that tritium lighting. They are pretty quick to acquire as well. I think they are not as good with the accuracy end. The aiming point is a bit large, and IMHO not as good as the German #4. If all you want is quick acquisition though, the circle dots are better. (I am using the mil-spec trijicons with the amber triangle) They are good in the "idiot proofing" with having a tritium element that is good for (so far) at least 7 years in mine.

I don't think their glass is as good as Leupold, and is no where near as good (to me) as the European stuff is.

To me, it should be fine for the less than 100 yard shot at a cat, although they are not as easy to work with as a purpose built hunting scope (again this is the older military type stuff for AR's, I have not tried the new hunting built ones).

I do also find their big light gaining fiber optic a bit "fugly" on the newer ones, although I know that isn't a principal concern.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have the Z6 1.7X10 Swarofski with the 4A illuminated reticle on my AHR 375 H&h. Worked very well in Namibia last summer and used the illuminated reticle on most shots.

You will find that even in daylight shots that you get a much more precise aiming point than a black reticle.

Also have a Z6 1X6EE with Illuminated circle dot reticle on a Searcy 375 Flanged, and am having a the same scopes on my 416 Rigby and 505 Gibbs that are being built.

I currently have a 4X16 Swarofski on a 300 Jarrett, but will put that scope on a 30-06, and put a Swarofski 3X18 with 4A illuminated on the Jarrett.

Like good stereo speakers and Camera lenses, you get what you pay for.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote