THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    My Nuanetsi Leopard airs this week on Dark and Dangerous

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Nuanetsi Leopard airs this week on Dark and Dangerous
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys, I did a report in July on my leopard safari at Chifuti Safaris Nuanetsi Conservancy.
This week the final episode airs with the exciting conclusion to the hunt. Sometimes it all goes PERFECT, and this was one of those times. D&D is on Outdoor Channel Sun 5:30 EST. Hope you catch it!
Cheers
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
have been following it Dave and look forward to the conclusion...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave -
I have enjoyed the portions of the hunt shown thus far. Heather is doing a super job on her first safari. Of course she has a good coach ... in Mark! Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won't be here but the DVR is set!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I was really proud of her on that trip, and she really fell into the flow of safari. Not all girls do. But she added so much fun to it for me. I think you will really like the leopard conclusion next week!

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it Dave...Thanks

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Same as Tim. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 Great show and looking forward to your leopard segment as well.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave,
Would love to watch it, but we don't get it on Wild TV

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Dave, tell the TV. Network to start numbering the episodes or give us an idea what's in every episode
It's really inexcusable how they run it if you ask me

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We provide ( I write them myself) detailed show descriptions for each episode, as to who, what, and where. The turnover in personnel at Outdoor Channel is problematic as one guy uses it, the next guy does not. Frustrating for you, and for us! Thanks for watching in any case.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I have your leopard hunt on the DVR, and plan to watch it tonight.
I have really liked the recent episodes. Splitting the show between 3 countries has been entertaining for me. I have especially enjoyed the dangerous game hunts in Namibia. Most hunting shows in Namibia are based on plains game hunts.

Again great job on Dark and Dangerous.

Thanks!!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1293 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks man!

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched the first part but haven't caught the second yet. Great show, i too am not getting any descriptions or #'s on the DVR, makes it hard to keep things sorted out.

thanks for the great show

Posts: 1015 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Dave, tell the TV. Network to start numbering the episodes or give us an idea what's in every episode
It's really inexcusable how they run it if you ask me

+1. I rarely have an episode actually record on my DVR because they all show up as re-runs and I don't want to record them all then spend the time to cull through them.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3515 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Hi Guys, I did a report in July on my leopard safari at Chifuti Safaris Nuanetsi Conservancy.
This week the final episode airs with the exciting conclusion to the hunt. Sometimes it all goes PERFECT, and this was one of those times. D&D is on Outdoor Channel Sun 5:30 EST. Hope you catch it!
Cheers

Dave

rich and famous, yadda yadda exciting leopard, blah blah blah

I did not watch the first two and I did not watch the last one.

I recorded them all so I can watch 1 thru 3 without any commercial interruptions tonight!

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally got it recorded and am watching it right now, Vallaro is a super stud, maybe someday I will be able to go with Chifuti!

Posts: 1015 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Great hunt Dave. I know how hard it is to get that kind of footage in daylight, especially a 2nd chance! Cheers and good work!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Great footage, and nice shot too! I know your agony as you watched that big tom walk away from the bait and back into the brush. Time seems to stand still between then and when the cat returns to the bait. I am glad it worked out so well for you. BZ!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, I am just 17 days away from departing for Zim and my first leopard hunt. Watching the conclusion of your leopard hunt just about killed me. Eeker

Posts: 223 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We must have been daft, as my first view of the cats head screamed BIG MALE. Mark knew it too, but mistakes are very expensive and hard to live with. We had cut a branch that was not in play from the first blind , but blocked the shot from thr tree set up. He had laid under the branch twice, as we saw from spoor, and he damn sure noticed"something' had changed and reacted to it. We both felt he was not too spooked, but those minutes before he returned were very uneasy for us. But all is well and he will be at The Wildlife Gallery within 48 hours! Thanks for watching guys.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Dave,

My wife and I watched the episode last night. Congrats on a great cat!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Oh well thanks a lot y'all. Now I know how the story turns out!

In Birmingham on Sunday we got the episode where Heather shot a giraffe and another guy shot an elephant in Botswana. We just got a teaser for Dave's leopard.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What, did you think I missed?! You know the ending already, thats why you booked the same hunt!!!

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Good show! tu2

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
What, did you think I missed?! You know the ending already, thats why you booked the same hunt!!!

Yes Sensei, I model my life after your teachings.

Yours truly, Grasshopper Smith

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just watched it on the DVR. Nice Cat! Congrats.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Saw the episode finally. Nice shootin' Tex!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the show too. That leopard was a toad.

Mike

Posts: 21520 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Son!!! tu2

Posts: 1812 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
Loved the show and the D&D format. What a great Mr. Spots buddy. We are looking forward to making him look alive again! And not like some of those "spoof" photos you and Danklif sent me... LOL

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the show as well. I completely agree with the comments about numbering the episodes. Every single episode has the exact same description on our local cable network.

Posts: 12074 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good show Dave. Watched both last night.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. Gorgeous cat and an excellent shot!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much guys. A really special hunt for both Heather and I. God knows I love hunting leopard, with both rifle and video, but this might be my last one with a rifle. Hard to improve on either the trophy or memory. If he's my last, I can say it with a honest smile.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Dave, Really enjoyed the episodes and what a fine leopard. What caliber and bullet did you use? I have booked a leopard hunt in Nuanetsi for May 2015 and have been having a blast trying to decide which rifle and bullet combination I want to take. I have just about decided on the .340 Weatherby and 200 grain Nosler Accubond running 3200 FPS for the leopard. This load is as accurate as this perticular rifle gets at 1.25" 3 shot groups at 100 meters. I will be stepping up to a 250 grain Barnes TSX for the Eland and Giraffe. What do you think about my load selection for the leopard?

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
John, please leave a big leopard for me, okay?

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, I was told by Mark Vallaro there are 2 twin brother leopard in the 200 pound class slinking around Nuanetsi waiting for 2015 to pop around the corner. Their names are John and Paul. John is coming home with me.

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
John you must be getting close now; please don't forget to leave a good cat for me. I think I have 87 days to departure.

Best of luck and safe travels.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS