Notify
Tools

What's happening?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Verewaaier: Don't badmouth...Say good things that you personally know...Or say nothing at all

Good advice on all threads. And read the previous posts carefully before responding.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:

almostacowboy, if you think Steve is a truthsayer, then book a hunt with him. Smiler

You are absolutely incredible - in every sense. I don't know Steve, never met him, and have made absolutely no comment supporting his view on anything other than the posted topic.
BTW, thanks. You've answered my question. thumb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:

C'mon guys, courtesy & honesty cost nothing and surely we owe it to our host to maintain a decent level of decorum.

posts........ Wink Roll Eyes

Steve,
I've been following this thread with amusement.

It is obvious that some of the posters on the thread have absolutely nothing to contribute on the subject of courtesy or civility.

Posts: 219 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
500 grains,

There is no commercial bias in my comments about Zimbabwe - if there was, I wouldn't recommend Roger Whittal or HHK who after all to some extent are my competition. - However as I don't consider Zimbabwe a safe destination why should I lie about it? Just tonight there was a programme on Carte Blanche here saying umpteen thousand people have just been deported into the bush and left to starve - check the web for the story. What do you think those people will eat while they're in the bush?. I also often comment that if price is the only criteria then Zim is a good choice for hunters on a budget, but only if they're willing to accept the additional risks. - Are you suggesting there are no additional risks to hunting Zim compared to most other popular hunting destinations in Africa?

Courtesy:- please tell me when I've been discourteous to anyone on this or any other forum or indeed face to face. ( I certainly can't remember one) I don't lie and I don't BS but I do tell the truth as I see it.

You accuse me of concealing the truth. Well I certainly may be discreet sometimes as it's not my business to wash other people's dirty laundry in public. It's got nothing to do with RSA, Zim or anywhere else, it's that I was taught to behave in a proper manner. If I wanted to be indiscreet about my competition I could be, but I choose not to be...... There's a difference between discussing hunting matters in general and instances in particular - but you obviously fail to realise that difference.

you almost accuse me of doing business with poachers and/or illegal hunts in Zimbabwe - you couldn't be more wrong and those that know me will realise your comment simply shows how foolish that remark is.... You might not have noticed, but Zimbabwe is full of unemployed PHs & a few landowners and leaseholders all looking for a way to raise money. homer and in fact I had an example just tonight of being offered yet another Elephant hunt - this time for ZAR25K - but I'm still not interested.

I never said 25 years in the business - I said 25 years of hunting in Africa.....I've been in the business for 15 years, but your comment is a good example of how you tend to misinterpret things.

Honesty, honour & intgrity are the first, middle & last watchword in everything I do in both business & personal life. - And that includes telling the truth as I see it.

But I do notice that yet again you've failed to tell us on what experience of various African countries you base your opinions..... Proof of my experience is available for all to see on my website......how about you?

one of us
posted Hide Post
To all,

I can only speak to the honesty and integrity of Steve Robinson as I have first hand experience with it. Anyone interested in finding out about it can PM me and I will gladly share facts with you. He is a man of his word.

500gr,

Your responses are typical "lawyer-speak," empty of fact and in-country experience. Get a life.

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
funny to see other have figured 500 gr out as well!
He shot 1 ele ( for all any of us know it could have been an illegal hunt) and has been telling everyone over and over about his vast elephant/safaris/skill
like you just said he should get a life!

One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
All of this arguing and NO Carmello?????? HHHMMMM makes one wonder if he was really the problem at all? I think we just got a shining example of a bomb thrower in action in an earlier post. Very Interesting!!!

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tembo:
All of this arguing and NO Carmello?????? HHHMMMM makes one wonder if he was really the problem at all? I think we just got a shining example of a bomb thrower in action in an earlier post. Very Interesting!!!

Tembo, Tembo.....if Carmello would have been involved we would have had 20x the number of posts in the thread and be knee deep in accusations of obsession and sexual preference by now. This is FAR different. Whether one agrees with either 500g or Shakari they are BOTH posting in a civil manner. I applaud them both for how they are responding to each other and not "flaming"... Just my opionion.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But don't say bad things based on a single or even a few bad experiences or hearesay!

Andrew,
I'm trying to digest what you've said here. Did you really mean it to sound like - If one HAS a bad experience (single one) or EVEN A FEW BAD EXPERIENCES - that he or she should just keep their mouth shut on it? Let others fall into the same situation? Dont put it (or them) on a Forum such as this?

Can you explain what you've said here? I'd like to think you meant and intended something different than what I read it to be.
Thanks, Andrew.
Dungbeetle

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT.

Andrew, are you there?

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote