Notify
Tools

Re: Barnes has been listening
 Login/Join

<JOHAN>
posted
Quote:

Johan,

I don't know about that, but it is amazing what an order for 100,000 bullets will do.
jim

Jim

I had no clue that you were such a big handloader Must be one hell of a job primeing all the brass

Send me PM, please

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
By god, I'll do just that!

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I wish Hornady would pay attention to all of the .404 shooters out here. Send them e-mail & ask for an affordable bullet in .423.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From Barnes Bullets

Barnes is introducing NEW large caliber and weight Triple Shock Bullets for mid-year shipping

375 Caliber .375&q uot; 270 gr. TSX Flat Base (Available end of May 2004)
.375 Caliber .375" 300 gr. TSX Flat Base (Available end of May 2004)
.416Caliber .416" 350 gr. TSX Flat Base (Available end of May 2004)
.416 Caliber .416" 400 gr. TSX Flat Base (Available end of May 2004)

.358 Caliber .358" 225 gr. TSX Flat Base (Available end of June 2004)
.458 Caliber .458" 450 gr. TSX Flat Base (Available end of June 2004) *
.458 Caliber .458" 500 gr. TSX FlatBase (Available end of June 2004) *
* Packed per 20

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
that is great news and i will have to try them on buf in August

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding news!! Hopefully they will continue to expand their line of quality bullets - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgive me fellas, but what's this new TSX bullet? Give me the details! I've heard much praise of Barnes bullets in general but never used them. May have to give them a try.

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

great news

If Barnes is listening, I would like them to bring back the 404 bullets. A triple X and a solid

Cheers
/JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I emailed them recentley about other 458 bullets and they will be making 400gn TSX bullets in .458 cal. I asked if they will be making lighter (300-350) 458 bullets in TSX and they said no. Hopefully they will later. It would be good if they would make some spitzer 250gn bullets for the 458 as well to make it more versatile.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

458RugerNo1 wrote:
Forgive me fellas, but what's this new TSX bullet? Give me the details! I've heard much praise of Barnes bullets in general but never used them. May have to give them a try.

Check it out here:

Triple Shock Bullet
http://www.barnesbullets.com/prodtsx.php

"The bullet delivers a triple impact - one when it first strikes game, another as the bullet begins opening, and a third devastating impact when the specially engineered cavity fully expands to deliver extra shock with maximum transferred energy.< !--color-->"
Don't get to hung up on the name and the deal about "triple impact". It's just a marketing ploy. They had to come up with some kind of name for their new bullet.

As I see it, here's the real benefit of the Triple Shock:

"The new Triple-Shock X ringed bullet provides significantly greater velocities, lower pressures and less fouling, without requiring an external coating."

I have not tried any of the Triple Shocks so I can't really comment on their performance. I do like the idea of the rings, though. Gives the metal someplace to flow when engaging the rifling, IMHO. Less bearing surface than a regular Barnes X.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Johan & friends,

They are also bringing .338". .358" and .423" bullets according to their websites. I stopped to talk to Conni at SCI, and she did say to be patient.

I would use the order they are introducing these bullets as a gauge of what they are selling. The smaller bore sizes obviously will sell more boxes of bullets, and those were the first entries.

I was waiting for .375 and up.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Indeed, that's what I was hoping for--a Triple Shock in .423.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
HunterJim

Thanks for the info, great news Will there be any in 9,3 and 8mm, please

Any news about the Bridger design solids?

Cheers

/JOHAN

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Johan,

I don't know about that, but it is amazing what an order for 100,000 bullets will do.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have sworn that Coni told me at the SHOT show that they had discontinued .423 [.404] bullets some time ago due to insufficient sales!

Maybe she built a .404!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Johan & friends,

They are also bringing .338". .358" and .423" bullets according to their websites. I stopped to talk to Conni at SCI, and she did say to be patient.
jim dodd

The .338s are out and shipping. They shoot great too! My M70 shoots the 225s quite well. They'll be getting a workout in Namibia in about a month.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote