New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC Convension - Who’s Going?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son and I will be attending for our first time. I've been to a couple SCI and always heard great things about DSC.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Six months out of back surgery and still unable to do the 10-hour drive each way. Hoping for 2019. How quickly does the Omni book out for this? Seems like the best place to stay.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16623 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Omni has sold out for the DSC convention in 30 minutes or less every year since it opened.

The other convention hotels are pretty convenient and we do provide free shuttle bus service but the Omni is the only one connected directly to the convention center.

Scott Tobermann, DVM
Past President, Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
We'll be arriving Wednesday and departing Monday

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep

Tim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thursday and Friday-

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope all of you will find time to stop by the Tuffpak booth in gunmakers row and let me shake your paw.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.
Better tomorrows,
Mims (Aka Harry)

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My child bride and the Hendersons as well as myself will be there Sat. and Sunday. This will be year # 15 for DSC.

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:

I will have the whiskey box with me - Hopefully I can offer you a drink this year!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The better half and I will attend...

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I'll be there for a couple days, this will be my third year at DSC.
I'll check in the AR hospitality room to see if I can put some faces and names together.
Dave Snellstrom

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be there. In fact I'll be conducting two seminars during the occasion - one on the buffalo research work I'm doing out here in the greater Kruger National Park and the second one on the challenges of elephant management or the lack thereof. So if this interests you, please feel free to attend. Likewise it will be nice to link a face to a name.

Posts: 151 | Location: Southern Africa | Registered: 30 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive been thinking of going this year but I also wanted to take my boys pig hunting in Texas this winter. I'd be driving from Utah, any recommendations on where to go after pigs on the same trip?

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a table there for a number of years, quit the show circuit about 3 or 4 years ago and went into simi retirement, and getting more simi every year! old

I always liked the Dallas show best of all, Made a lot of good friends there, many from AR.
Be carefull about shaking Harrys paw, every time I shook his paw, it came back with a neat knife and I was missing a 200 dollar bill!! wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42131 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:

I will have the whiskey box with me - Hopefully I can offer you a drink this year!

Looking forward to Splicing the Mainbrace!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
i wish i could but i'm afraid i'm in for the 3rd back surgery

Damn I was looking forward to seeing you and Biebs at the mossberg display Wink

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
I will be there along with Beretta 682E all 4 days.

Dave, 4 days with Mikey? I hope you're not carrying a handgun :-)

Biebs you suck. I will make sure the Blaser display bans you Smiler

I will be there looking at guns and booking fish trips. Hunting Africa has gotten kind of boring.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn I was looking forward to seeing you and Biebs at the mossberg display Wink

Mike

True that! Introducing the new Premier line....10 models under $50!!!!! Butchy is in heaven :-)

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Emmy is arriving Thursday evening.

quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Me and mine,

Emmy? We love to see her again.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7693 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Emmy is arriving Thursday evening.

quote:
quote:
Me and mine,

Emmy? We love to see her again.

We will try and hunt you down while there. Got to see Sonny and Sally on our way through Georgia.

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7621 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Retreever and wife, aka Cherie. arrive Wed. to Monday. Will be at the convention everday.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Retreever and wife, aka Cherie. arrive Wed. to Monday. Will be at the convention everday.

Mike

Mike I was actually wondering about you today and how you are doing because I haven't seen you on here for a while.
Rob

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Have been doing more reading then posting... Hunting and grandfathering and walking with retriever...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be attending with Harry aka Rigby 350.
My first trip to Dallas as well.
A question , We fly into DFW Wednesday pm.
What's the best way to get to the Magnolia Hotel. Cab or DART. I'm thinking cab , how much would the fare be???

Cheers and looking forward to the Show and meeting som if you in person!

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Nick,

cab would be expensive a super shuttle would be the best, I think...

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike! Much appreciated!!

Nick

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Brett and I, and two other guys will be arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday night.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’ll be at the Miles & Miles booth (2434 or something like that) most of the time, but it would be nice to coordinate something at the AR room, if there is one. I know the AR dinner was a pain for the organizers and I’m sorry I never made one.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
BTT

One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Will be there all 4 days.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1396 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Saturday only.... hope to see some old friends,,

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2840 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
BTT

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll be there Friday and Saturday.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there Friday and Saturday. You can track me down via Neal and Brownlee booth or the Kuranui booth.
Ask for Ross and his mean wife.

I am finalizing five bookings - two to Zim, one to Uganda, one to Canada and one to Austria.
Will try to nail down a return to Ethiopia sometime before I get old.

Heh, oil is back up, time to spend!

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickh:
I will be attending with Harry aka Rigby 350.
My first trip to Dallas as well.
A question , We fly into DFW Wednesday pm.
What's the best way to get to the Magnolia Hotel. Cab or DART. I'm thinking cab , how much would the fare be???

Cheers and looking forward to the Show and meeting som if you in person!

Nick

DART is 1hr and 10 minutes from Terminal A to West End station, plus to your hotel from there. Your best bet is either a shuttle or Uber.

Posts: 768 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I've got a private shuttle booked.

Cheers

Nick

posted Hide Post
I will be there for my first DSC.

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Last time Joyce and I went to a show it was SCI in Vegas two years ago. We were in our truck camper on a road trip and it was 29 the first morning. The water in the RV Park fountain was frozen.

We are back in our truck camper a day or two out of Dallas for our first DSC Show and tonight in Delhi, Louisiana it’s going down to 17.

shocker

Seriously, if ya’ll don’t want us here just say so.

Happy New Year
J&J

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7621 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last time Joyce and I went to a show it was SCI in Vegas two years ago. We were in our truck camper on a road trip and it was 29 the first morning. The water in the RV Park fountain was frozen.

We are back in our truck camper a day or two out of Dallas for our first DSC Show and tonight in Delhi, Louisiana it’s going down to 17.

shocker

Seriously, if ya’ll don’t want us here just say so.

Happy New Year
J&J

Shoulda just come out here to duck hunt instead... it's about 38-40 for the low each morning.

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote