New
Find
Notify
Tools

NWA/KLM Tuffpak
 Login/Join

<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Mike and I are leaving for the Selous via KLM in a little over two weeks. It appears NWA is the carrier for KLM from the US judging by the fact that the KLM website sends me to NWA.

I haven't heard any problems re: strikes at NWA so far. Have any of you?

Also, my Tuffpak is 52 inches long and 12 inches wide. It exceeds the 62 inches total linear restriction. Have any of you been charged extra for you Tuffpak?

Thanks,

Russell

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Make several copies and take them with you NWA Firearms Rules

I have never had an airline refuse my Tuffpak because it exceeds the 62" rule.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Texas:

I was on a NWA flight yesterday. I would say it is tough to predict what will happen with the strike. I was told that less than half of the flight attendants even voted, and the strike option was passed 55-45, so it is obviously not a majority.

Unlike last year, there is no talk of replacing the flight attendants if they do strike, but who knows if there is a plan up management's sleeve.

You won't have any trouble with them accepting your TuffPak, but if is overwieght you will pay unless you are in B class or have some kind of status with NWA.

Hopefully you have purchased trip insurance to protect you. I see that you are in Texas. If you are flying out of Houston on KLM the NWA strike will not affect you at all. Are you flying out of IAH?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Another AZ, yes, I'm flying out of IAH. Does that mean I'm not flying NWA at all?

Hope so.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
TH, we are on KLM, not NWA.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TH:

Lucky you - you are on KLM from Houston to AMS. KLM also operates out of Chicago, Memphis, and few other cities direct.

Have a good trip.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote