THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    DSC Policy on Captive Bred Lion Hunting
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC Policy on Captive Bred Lion Hunting
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
So we can make allowance for corn feeding deer, but not for farm bred lions? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68598 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe what we are going to learn from all this is how many times a hair can be split.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
So we can make allowance for corn feeding deer, but not for farm bred lions? clap

I am making the case for not alienating either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
So we can make allowance for corn feeding deer, but not for farm bred lions?

quote:
I believe what we are going to learn from all this is how many times a hair can be split.

quote:
I am making the case for not alienating either.

We have finally cut to the chase. Hunters as a group are going to let hunting die over Personal attitudes toward hunting.

The purists/elitists among us believe that everyone must view things their way and there is no room for deviation. Anyone "Hunting" in a manner these individuals do not approve of should not be hunting nor should they refer to themselves as a hunter.

We all need to take our blinders off and realize that if we do not set aside our personal prejudices, all hunting of any kind may or will be lost.

The saddest part is many hunters really do not care how some one else hunts, as long as what they are doing is LEGAL and is an Accepted method in the area where they are hunting.

Trouble is, that is not Good enough for the elitists/purists among us who seem to believe that the Anti's will give them a Free Pass and they will still be allowed to hunt while all of us slobs won't be.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Could we maybe put the two things together?

1. We need to stay united as HUNTERS, or we will soon see hunting going away.

2. We do need to adhere to a certain basic set of ethics, but understand that there is some personal and even regional variability.

By HUNTERS I mean all of us: rifle, bow, meat, trophy, deer, duck, local, international.

As for ethics that's where it gets tricky because that is such a personal and even regional issue. A nice starting point would be any practice that any hunter could say "that's wrong" without needing to put some kind of qualifier involving "I" in front of it, such as "I think" or "I feel".

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could we maybe put the two things together?

1. We need to stay united as HUNTERS, or we will soon see hunting going away.

2. We do need to adhere to a certain basic set of ethics, but understand that there is some personal and even regional variability.

By HUNTERS I mean all of us: rifle, bow, meat, trophy, deer, duck, local, international.

As for ethics that's where it gets tricky because that is such a personal and even regional issue. A nice starting point would be any practice that any hunter could say "that's wrong" without needing to put some kind of qualifier involving "I" in front of it, such as "I think" or "I feel".

PERFECT. tu2 tu2 tu2

If we could simply get everyone to understand that if we don't unite hunting will be stopped, and in spite of what some folks have began to believe, the folks wanting to end hunting do not care about our ethics. They really do not care about the animals.

Just like the anti gun people, all the folks are trying to do is control the actions/life of other people.

The problems are they are commited to their goal and they are ORGANISED behind a Common Goal, hunters are not.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote