New
Find
Notify
Tools

If? Then why not? So what?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If people shoot buffalo with bows(nuts or brave I don't know), and handguns(nuts or brave I don't know). Then why not with a 45-70 which should do much better than either a bow or a handgun. So what does anyone else care, except maybe the guide and any trackers that might be with him, if someone else wants to hunt with a 45-70 lever gun. It's fun to argue the merits of one caliber or another but when people start wanting to fight over it come on, what are we in the forth grade again. Well I will say this my dad could beat up your dad, and if you don't like it lets meet out by the flag pole after school.

Posts: 626 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not drop it instead of starting new arguments?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
Maybe we will get to see a new video, you know, like the lion one. Except when the hunter gets knocked down, I expect he won't get to shoot again.

Probably won't get to do much of anything again.

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Tech,
This keeps coming up because the .45-70 proponents keep bringing it up by asking if it is a DG round. If they are so cocksure, they should just go ahead and book that DG hunt without asking opinions.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a very odd sense of tolerance - most people would call it intolerance.
Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find this board has an odd sense of tolerance.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
The Dead Horse says it all.
Lets drop it guys.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Concidering the regularity of this question, I suggest that George's wonderful dead horse should be included in the forum's set of instant graemlins! It could be useful on other topics as well...

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
My only words on the subject:

"45/70 threads are like trolls...if you ignore them, they will go away."

Instead, history repeats itself...new guy starts it up anew, same ole guys retort, quip, argue, insult, etc, etc....

Whatever floats yer boat, I guess...

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Concidering the regularity of this question, I suggest that George's wonderful dead horse should be included in the forum's set of instant graemlins! It could be useful on other topics as well...

Regards,
Martin

Fergot to mention...I like your idea Martin. It is a pretty good graemlin! Maybe we could add it to the list of icon's that are displayed next to the threads in the list for each forum. It is definitely more appropriate than "hot topic" at times!

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the "ignore" function could be expanded to include any post or reply containing "45-70" in it! Many of the topics addressed time and again are interesting, this one is not.

Posts: 83 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First of all to Hogfan,Canuck, marterius, 500 grains, and JeffeyDenmark. You people exactly made my point for me, who cares if someone wants to shoot even a sling shot at a buffalo as long as they can find a guide to take them out, and if you guys don't want to read another post on 45-70 then feel free not to after all it's a free country, well maybe not the country Canuck lives in. Personally I like reading different ideas from different people on many subjects, it just happens that I am a new guy and just read some of the posts on the 45-70, I found most of it somewhat interesting but I was appalled at the way some of you would take and give offense to another for their point of views. If you ask me this board could use alot more interesting people posting interesting and thought provoking ideas, because frankly, and I am sure most will agree that the topics can be a little redundant and boring.

So I wlll chime in my thoughts on the 45-70 to maybe intrigue some of the formerly mentioned posters. I would probably prefer a larger rifle when on a dangerous game hunt but if someone wanted to give me an all expense paid trip to Africa with the stipulation that I use a 45-70 lever gun on buffalo, I am in and I will gladly thankyou for the opportunity, and you say you want to tape I say cool bonus. Now I am not going to sneak within 30 yards with a bow like someone posted of trying to do on the archery board, I don't have those kind of cajones.

Like I say, like me or hate me just don't expect me to go with the crowd to be part of the crowd.

Posts: 626 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
I don't know why there are so many discusions or arguements over this issue I think that the best way to solve the arguement is for one of you 45-70 gun owners who wants to see what your gun will do or not do, is to just book a buffalo hunt. I will challenge any of you 45-70 guys to book a 7-day buffalo hunt with in Tanzania, and I will personally pay for a camerman to film the entire hunt for you out of my pocket. Then we will all have the proof of what actually will happen on film Either your gun will do the job and you can return and bragg about it, or I will have fun with my .470 cleanig up the mess I will have a spare .375 or 458 Lott for you to use if you get there and change your mind But now is the time to either show whether you are a serious 45-70 gun hunter or just like playing on the computer.

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
I would like to preorder a copy of the film for my collection.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote