Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Bonded Solids
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Alan in NC
posted
My supply of Trophy Bonded Solids in cal. 375/300 gr. has been exhausted. Does anyone know of a source for these components? My usual contacts only have the Trophy Bonded Bear Claws. Any suggestions? Thanks. Alan.

Posts: 120 | Location: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: 24 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alan,

I don't want to start anything, but mine 375/300gr
BENT and did'nt penetrate on a buffalo.
Several articles report the same.
Mine was Federals factory load-not too fast.
Too bad for me because they shoot to the same point as the 300 gr Nosler Parts. that have Bitch Slapped bulls every time with tremendous damage.

Best of luck
Ed

Posts: 52 | Location: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan in NC
posted Hide Post
just lucky: Thanks for the reply. I've had no problems yet but like you, they shoot to the same POI as my 300 gr. Partitions. Maybe I'll try something else. Alan.

Posts: 120 | Location: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: 24 June 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have heard of all types of solids that would bend on a few occasions. I have personally seen both the Hornady FMJ and the Barnes Super Solid bend.

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Yeah, they will all bend, just some are more likely than others.

I only have limited experiemce with the new Hornady's, but they appear to be a great compromise between all brass Barnes and thin shell/lead filled solids. They just "look" right. I haven't seen them or Barnes solids bend, as yet.

Will

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Hi Alan. In answer to your original query, have you tried Midway or Graf & Sons? If yo still have problems, email me at home and I'll see what I can do for you. Take care, Jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a personal stash at home that I am not really looking to sell, but if you are in dire need and have no other source let me know.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<lb404>
posted
I, also have been searching for Sledghammer solids for a 375 and 416 for this year. No joy yet anyone know of a vender with a supply?

one of us
Picture of Alan in NC
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen: Thanks for your replys and most generous offers. I have tried Midway but not Graf. I have ordered a box of Woodleigh's to see if they will shoot to the same POI as my TB solids. I might call Speer and see if they are making the solids or are they just producing the Bear Claws. Alan.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen them used and they all did what they were supposed to except one and snapped in half and went in two different directions on a Buffalo...

I suppose that could happen with any bullet, but I am not a forgiving soul when it comes to bullets, so I'll pass on them...

Besides with the new Bridger Bullets flat nose solids and supply of GS Custom Flat nose, I'm in tall cotton....

I talked to Geoff McDonald some time back and he was inquiring about making a flat nose solid Woodleigh, now that would be something...You guys might email Geoff and jack him up on that project, I cannot imagine a better bullet.

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan in NC
posted Hide Post
Atkinson: I tried to access the Bridger web site and it doesn't appear to be working. I'll try again later, but if I can contact them, it would give me another option. BTW, my order of Woodleighs came today. I'll try to get some loaded and go the the range this week end and see how they shoot. Alan.

<lb404>
posted
I received an e-mail from Bridger Bullets and they are waiting for BATF paperwork to come through before they can sell. John McMorrow said that the bullets would not be available for 60-90 days!

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Checked inventory this AM and have three unopened boxes of the TB Solids in .375, any takers? These are JAck Carter's originals in the paper flat boxes.

[ 05-09-2003, 22:44: Message edited by: 308Sako ]

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
308 Sako,
If you don't get any takers, give me a holler.

I don't really need them but I will take them if you can give me a very good deal on them keeping in mind I can buy them wholesale...I have so many 375 bullets that at my age I won't live long enough to shoot half of them. In fact I have so much loaded ammo I don't know why I dont sell all my reloading stuff and try to shoot all the loaded stuff up before its too late. [Confused] [Big Grin]

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Ray, it's the same way here... over inventoried. Don't need to give them away just yet (heck don't even remember what I paid.) But for the man who just has to have them, they are available.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan in NC
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen: Thanks to all who responded to my original post. I secured a supply of Woodleigh Solids. They shoot very well in my rifle and very close to the same point of impact as my Swift A Frames. Eland is on my list for this August in RSA and I wanted solids as back up rounds to the Swift. I'm good to go as is, but when I get back, maybe I'll try some Bridgers. Alan.