Find
Notify
Tools

A new target has emerged
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/...ls-article-1.2312406

Go to her Facebook page and post positive messages about hunting as they are hammering her

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried to pull up he profile on Facebook. The link that comes up appears to be to a fake page with her name and picture on it.

Be careful if you decide to post on it.

If you have a link to her Facebook page please link it or send it to me in a PM
shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
That's Aaron Neilsons girlfriend.

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I won't nor will I ever participate in facebook

IIMO that social media will be what takes down hunting

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
I won't nor will I ever participate in facebook

IIMO that social media will be what takes down hunting

Amen!

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
That's Aaron Neilsons girlfriend.

Wait, if she's the huntress are you saying Aaron's the trophy?

Smiler

Seriously, good on her! I hope she see's the comments on this board.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't believe she said Giraffes are dangerous. That didn't help. diggin

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Im sorry

If we choose to post pictures on Facebook then we all know by now there will be negatives and outrage

It's in my opinion that this only helps the anti crowd

Remember and never forget....Facebook is owned and operated by a left of center group of people

Social media is a tool we hunters are NOT using correctly.

That being said....I will add that I don't know how it could be used "correctly"

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
I thought Aaron sounded quite polished when he spoke. Especially since I'm sure his natural reaction to the ridiculous extradition question is to spit laughter out of his mouth.

Well, that's my natural reaction anyway.

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I am not pointing fingers at this lady....... it is just that yet another hunter is under the microscope of social media and it caused me to once again think about something that I believe to be true.

Many who are in the hunting TV industry and many individuals that end up being the centre of controversy due to photos they post are deliberately seeking the attention. Sorry, but I have met many of them and most are wanting the fame and notoriety. Even the negative attention feeds their desire to be noticed and the centre of attention.

Some of them, are over the long term, causing irreparable damage for the many who quietly go out and enjoy the outdoors, in their unquenchable desire to be the centre of attention. They deliberately put the pictures and info where it will garner the most attention and give them what they want.............

Unless you are completely brain dead, you have to know that putting pictures of dead beasts on social media sites like Facebook, will draw a lot of negative publicity, and perhaps a few minutes of fame on the Today Show or who knows, maybe even David Letterman?!

Much of it has to do with the "LOOK AT ME!" So in the end I do not feel one bit of sympathy for those who deliberately put themselves in the social media crosshairs.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
Many who are in the hunting TV industry and many individuals that end up being the centre of controversy due to photos they post are deliberately seeking the attention. Sorry, but I have met many of them and most are wanting the fame and attention. Even the negative attention feeds their desire to be noticed and the centre of attention.

As with most groups there are definitely good ones out there, but I see your point and agree with you here. Vanity is a most popular sin, isn't it?

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Not all who end up in the media are attention whores and it's not a bad idea to be out front and public with photos and stories. I have ended up with photos and stories of me regarding hunting and trapping on the front page and special interest sections of New York Newsday, Hampton Chronicle and Times/Review papers as well as several local radio and television news or interest stories. I have worked hard over the years to put a positive spin whenever and where ever the opportunity exists. I recommend that anyone with the opportunity to do so should grab it and if you feel incapable stall for time and get a good publicist. This was rule #1 taught to me by my mentor John Cushman back 30 years ago when I was first elected Secretary of the Suffolk Alliance Of Sportsmen, who at the time represented somewhere north of 50,000 members.

We need to focus on how some of the people on the other side of the fence appear to value an animal's life over a human life and the twisted, depraved responses they post all over the internet in situations like this.

And yes we do need a national hunting association who will be a collective voice like the NRA does for 2nd amendment rights.

Art Lee

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1220 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just watched a TV interview with the young lady on one of the local channels.

Proud to have her as an Idaho Resident!! Very well spoken and a great representative for hunting.

Aaron you are one very lucky guy!!
shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
I am not pointing fingers at this lady....... it is just that yet another hunter is under the microscope of social media and it caused me to once again think about something that I believe to be true.

Many who are in the hunting TV industry and many individuals that end up being the centre of controversy due to photos they post are deliberately seeking the attention. Sorry, but I have met many of them and most are wanting the fame and notoriety. Even the negative attention feeds their desire to be noticed and the centre of attention.

Some of them, are over the long term, causing irreparable damage for the many who quietly go out and enjoy the outdoors, in their unquenchable desire to be the centre of attention. They deliberately put the pictures and info where it will garner the most attention and give them what they want.............

Unless you are completely brain dead, you have to know that putting pictures of dead beasts on social media sites like Facebook, will draw a lot of negative publicity, and perhaps a few minutes of fame on the Today Show or who knows, maybe even David Letterman?!

Much of it has to do with the "LOOK AT ME!" So in the end I do not feel one bit of sympathy for those who deliberately put themselves in the social media crosshairs.

I disagree, I don't believe we have any chance of winning the argument if we hide from it.

I saw her on Facebook and as support posted pictures of my lion and other trophies.

Hiding from them just gives the anti's implied justification--IE if we won't put it out there it must be wrong.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im sorry

If we choose to post pictures on Facebook then we all know by now there will be negatives and outrage

Remember and never forget....Facebook is owned and operated by a left of center group of people

That being said....I will add that I don't know how it could be used "correctly"

Actually Ted, the originator of Facebook has hunted. He took to killing his own food for personal reasons.

That said he is not going to come to your aid on Facebook.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
TJ and Skyline,

Do you actually know say, Aaron Neilson or Tim Herald personally? Spend any time with either?

Just wondering how you are coming up with your conclusions.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
TJ and Skyline,

Do you actually know say, Aaron Neilson or Tim Herald personally? Spend any time with either?

Just wondering how you are coming up with your conclusions.

Cheers
Jim

Jim I did not say everyone in the industry and I also said I do not know the woman that was the target of the negative comments. I do not know the two individuals you mentioned but I have met quite a few who do TV shows and other internationally known hunters who have Facebook profiles.

What I said was based on those I have met. Obviously what I said does not apply to all....... hence the word "some". But I can assure you I have met some who are incredible prima donnas with egos as big as the great outdoors.

Regardless, even if one does it strictly for business and promotional purposes it would be really naive to expect not to have a backlash in social media these days. Posing with dead lions and giraffes is going to draw heat, so if one goes down that path then I guess there shouldn't be a lot of snivelling about the crap you have to put up with afterwards.

Expecting anything else from the collective feeding frenzy on social media would be wishful thinking at best. Yes it is too bad that people are such assholes, but they are and especially so when they can lash out instantly and with no worries of repercussion for what they say. This is not something new, there have been well publicized victims of it in recent years.

I get a fair amount of hate mail just because I am an outfitter for bears. In this day and age I expect it and I don't snivel about it on the internet either. Like it or not it is part of doing business these days.

I do not however, publish names of my clients on my website and I won't even use their picture with a game animal unless they give me permission. Given the free for all on the internet these days I do not want to cause them any grief. More and more hunters do not want their pictures used and I cannot blame them.

On a personal note, I do not have a Facebook page and never will. I would never even consider putting my personal hunting pictures up on it for the world to see for a couple of reasons. One, I really could give a rats ass about impressing anyone with my hunting achievements, I do not need the validation by others. Hunting is a personal thing to me and I am not competing with anyone........... well except maybe with my wife as she loves to rub my nose in it if she gets a bigger one. Wink

Two..... I refuse to give the lunatics and the well oiled anti-hunting machine any further ammunition to be slung around the internet and used to attack other hunters and the things they enjoy. I am not hiding, I chose not to add to the fracas on open social media like Facebook. It is being used as a very effective weapon against us and we are not winning the fight nor have we even begun to learn how to effectively counter the damage they do on social media so I refuse to participate.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trapper Tom:

Can't say they are in the same clas with Buff or Lion, etc. but rest assured that a well placed kick would send you to the happy land.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Im sorry

Actually Ted, the originator of Facebook has hunted. He took to killing his own food for personal reasons.

No worries.....you WON'T find me on Facebook

One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
She also made the front page of one of the south african newspapers I caught a quick glimpse of the front page somewhere anyone seen it? Lots of pictures of her and her kills fills the page

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Can't say they are in the same clas with Buff or Lion, etc. but rest assured that a well placed kick would send you to the happy land.

Sure but how do you think that played out with the public. Read the comments on the NBC article and you will see.

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Im sorry

No worries.....you WON'T find me on Facebook

Ted,

I agree about Facebook, but not really. personally yes, but we need to fight fire with fire. SCI, NRA or whoever is representing us needs to engage social media constantly touting the benefit of hunting. Beat the Pitchfork Society at their own game.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Beat the Pitchfork Society at their own game.

Jeff

Jeff,

I would think that would be very easy simply by going to places on Facebook Like the "Support Sabrina" page that has likely been started by an anti and then shared to his/her friends because no one is janitoring the comments. 90% are against her and they are venomous calling for death and disfigurement as well as extending the wish to family.

It seems to me that a credible organization could have a Facebook Page named "examples of the anti's" and ask the simple question....."Would you actually want to live next door or call the author of this comment your friend"?

There's posts on this very forum about us being our own worst enemy and that the anti's monitor the page and cut and paste comments many times out of context.

It's pretty easy to not worry about content on some of the Facebook anti posts when they say things like.....

Bev Connolly-- Someone needs to put these evil, cruel monsters down

Juan MeKo -- Wish you were hunted and raped bitch!!

John Bennett--- You fucking tramp . You should be hunted down and given a good slap

Giorgos Karageorgiou -- Die slowly and violently bitch...

Shin Grylls ---I suggest you cowardly 'trophy hunters' don't try and bring your pathetic, sadistic lifestyle down here to NZ or Australia.

Obviously that person is not familiar with Red Stag, Taur, or Water Buffalo.

My point is the cannon Fodder is out there in droves it merely needs to be cut and pasted to one site and then a media campaign begun about the pitchfork carriers. A little light bouncing back to them and the cockroaches would run for cover.

Cheers
Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are...... If you're a tree Big Grin