THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    AR Members: Who is / is not a member of PHASA, NAPHA or other PHAssociation?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Members: Who is / is not a member of PHASA, NAPHA or other PHAssociation?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted
I have a gut feel that only about a relatively small portion of all actual practicing PH's are actually members of such PHAssociations. If you consider yourself at least as a part time actual practicing PH or Hunting Outfitter entitled to be a member, please help me, and everyone else interested, by voting.

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Question:
Are you a member of PHASA, NAPHA or any other country's PHAssociation?

Choices:
Yes
No

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've been a member of PHASA for around 20 years now and although we've had our differences from time to time I'm proud to be a member and reckon they do a pretty good job...... esp in the more recent years.

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
+ 1

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Andrew, it would have been more interesting if you have split it between part time and full time PH's as well

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears it just doesn't matter to most hunters because (IMO) the org. just don't seem to do much but collect dues, like most org.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mark DeWet
posted Hide Post
Being a member of any Association or organisation, doesnt really mean that you are" clean or above board" - I know a fair amount of dodgy Outfitters / PH's who are members of PHASA, NAPHA - and still operate under the radar.This goes for membership to DSC and SCI as well as they have allowed some real low life operators to exhibit at their conventions.Remember this is a real "macho" industry - so just about anything goes when it comes to some big egos needing to be stroked (PH's / Outfitters and clients alike )

Mark

Mark DeWet
Mark DeWet Safaris - Africa
E-mail: marksafex@icon.co.za

... purveyors of traditional African safaris

Posts: 86 | Location: Southern Africa | Registered: 25 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aw Mark, is my ego that big? Eeker

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are right Mark and NAPHA is the perfect example.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl S,

is that yes, no, or "I plead the fifth"?.

Is you is or is you ain't?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark DeWet:
Being a member of any Association or organisation, doesnt really mean that you are" clean or above board" - I know a fair amount of dodgy Outfitters / PH's who are members of PHASA, NAPHA - and still operate under the radar.This goes for membership to DSC and SCI as well as they have allowed some real low life operators to exhibit at their conventions.Remember this is a real "macho" industry - so just about anything goes when it comes to some big egos needing to be stroked (PH's / Outfitters and clients alike )
you really shouldn't talk about Mark Sullivan that way! shame

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13179 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Idaho SS, that is a yes.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote