Find
Notify
Tools

QD Ringmounts for a Ruger RSM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
I'm looking to buy a set of detachable ringmounts for my Ruger RSM 416 Rigby. I've been checking the various manfufacturers sites and the only ones I can find are the Warne version. I assume these are pretty good, but I was wondering if there are any other options. I know Burris makes a Ruger to Weaver adaptor, but I don't like the idea of the extra connection between the rifle and scope that this would require. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I dont have any to sell you, but I bought the Warne for mine, and they are very good.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2582 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My gunsmith recomended Warne. That is what I am using on my Ruger #1.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Die:

I have the Warne on my RSM 375 H&H. I got mine from Cabelas....decent price and in stock. They seem to work real well. Be sure to tighten your lower ring screws first, then your upper. I use a level-level-level and a bore sighter to get me close...so far so good. Pay attention to your leveler as you tighten the screws.....the buble will move until they tighten a bit.

Good luck.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Die....was reading your post when I responded.....I meant it to Labman.

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No sweat Garby all info appreciated. I think Warne is the only one to make QDs for Ruger.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are all detachable. I can take mine off in no time flat with the screwdriver on my US Army pocket knife. They return to zero just fine too.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The factory ones will return to zero well. You need to make sure they are pushed to the front of the rifle and tightened alternating front and rear. If you do this they work. As a matter of fact tightening QD levers alternating and tightening in steps will help consistency on Talleys, etc. as well.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Who sells the Warne's?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote