New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wynwoods Pictures
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am posting these for Wynwood. I will let him explain the photos and the circumstances.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Ted!!! How are you? All this time I thought you were dead.

Ted Ekin (not Nugent). Ted was a contemporary of Howard Hill. I've seen a book with the same photos. JudgeG will probably have it.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful Buff! Eeker

Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Well 500, now I don't know. I thought Ekin was a lefty like in the Africa photos, but the guy next to Howard Hill is shooting right handed.

Not to worry, with pictures it will all be sorted out shortly. Note, these are no home snapshots but have been retouched for publication in a book or magazine.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

Dick Garver, Elizabeth Howard Hill, Howard Hill, Ted Ekin (date Unknown, 1950s')

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
BUSTED . . . AGAIN! jump

Proving once again that if it walks like a troll and quacks like a troll, it must be a troll.

It's not nice to fool mother nature shame.

I can see the explanation now . . . "I am the reincarnation of Ted Ekin . . . those who doubt me are malicious trolls . . ." jump

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. This is just too funny. lol

Edited: Oh wait, late breaking news: Wynnie just emailed me a picture he took of himself in his trophy room:

Oh, this is just killin' me . . .

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Just ask that fool Charlie who Wynwood is.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mickey

You had better be on the up and up, because if you are screwing around here, than you will prove yourself a bigger problem that Wynwood could ever be.

I'm no fan of Wynwood and I think he may suffer from embellishment syndrome Roll Eyes, but it ain't the "cowboy way" to assassinate people with dummy bullets.

Wynwood has been called on the carpet already and now it's up to him to "Walk the Walk". If he can do that then more power to him. If he can't then he'll just disappear like they all do eventually.

If this is a horseshit post, then I suggest you withdraw it immediatly, else you may find yourself on the carpet before too long.

If I'm wrong about this, I'll retract this post.

If I'm right......

Tryin' to live "The Cowboy Way"

Elmo

Posts: 586 | Location: paloma,ca | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Elmo

Pull your head in. Mickey is a long standing member here and lots of others here including me know who he is.

What he says is the truth.

If you made an effort you would see Wishywood himself says he emailled Mickey photos.

In fact Wishywood has obviously wanted to be exposed as a troll for a long time. The contradictions he posts, purposely using particular names and phrases, purposely contradicting himself on different forums, changing his rifles from post to post, sending obviously fake photos, posting from a PA High School but claiming to be in Alaska .....

Only a blind man couldn't see him as a troll.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmo:
Mickey

You had better be on the up and up, because if you are screwing around here, than you will prove yourself a bigger problem that Wynwood could ever be.

I'm no fan of Wynwood and I think he may suffer from embellishment syndrome Roll Eyes, but it ain't the "cowboy way" to assassinate people with dummy bullets.

Wynwood has been called on the carpet already and now it's up to him to "Walk the Walk". If he can do that then more power to him. If he can't then he'll just disappear like they all do eventually.

If this is a horseshit post, then I suggest you withdraw it immediatly, else you may find yourself on the carpet before too long.

If I'm wrong about this, I'll retract this post.

If I'm right......

Tryin' to live "The Cowboy Way"

Elmo

Than you had better retract it. I don't set up anybody. I have never heard of this Ted Ekin. It's not me claiming Wynwood is Ekin. I have no idea who either is but I believed Wynwood and I posted the pictures as he asked.

I have found out that is usually the untrustworthy who are skeptical about other people. They think everyone is just like them.

"The Cowboy Way?" You're just a Cheap Tinhorn.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mickey

Then I retract it and apologize. If Wynwood asked you to post these, then I am wrong and admit it right now. Just smelled a little fishy to me. Frankly it was just too ridiculous to beleive

A Cheap Tinhorn would "look the other way"

Elmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is really ridiculous. Especially with the picture of ELMER KEITH. Doesn't the dude know that alot of folks READ real books and kinda recognize others out there in the real world?

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mick posted pictures I sent him, no need to attack him. Mick and I have been exchanging emails he aided me when I could not get Photobucket to send a activation link.

stunt hunts,body fluid dripping from my chin,etc,etc 475 even thought MR was being serious with th Elmer Keith photo Smiler
***he whom laughs last laughs best jump

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I got the same request a few weeks ago and decided it was better not to "Feed the Trolls! troll

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pulling for straws now Super Sleuth jump
jump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can someone smarter than me please give me a summary of this thread?

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rattlesnaker,

In some posts, Wynwood claimed to ba an old man who has been to Africa many times with both a bow and rifle over the decades. In other posts, wynwood claims he went on just a plains game trip to Africa. In order to clear up the inconsitency, Wynwood said he would post pics from his safaris, and he emailed them to Mickey for posting. But it turns out the photos are of someone deceased for quite some time.

Additional context:

quote:
Originally posted by wynwood (on another forum):

was directed here from another site, decided to register.
mainly a bow hunter myself but have been to Namibia on a plains game rifle safari now going back with my bow in '06 have deposits paid and trying to run pages off the calendar ....of course at my age I hope the pages don't speed by too quickly.
Wynwood, A.K.A. Terry

quote:
originally posted by wynwood (on yet another forum):

I hunted Zimbabawe for Old George with my bow twice. Twice I can out of it with the skull mount. I was then shooting an 82# Hoyt compound and Alum. shafts. The first bull I had a complete passthru with both lungs being hit. He and his commrade ran off into the dust. We allowed 1 hour then trailed him up ...only to find him within 50 yards stone dead. My second bull was not a passthru but I collapsed 1 lung and hit the top of his heart...this old boy ran almost 300 yds out into the ( he was in sight the entire time in short grass but laid up in head high reeds about 50 yards square. After waiting we circled to get the wind correct then my PH started in with me carrying a rifle the head tracker had been carrying right behind him. We literally walked up to within 10 feet of him before we saw him. He too was dead.
Intrestingly both bulls died just as fast as they would have with a single 458 Lott thru their lungs.

quote:
originally posted by wynwood (on another forum):

you mention the need to be some sort of super hero to hunt with an "inadequate weapon" and why don't I use my 500 or my Searcy. 1st I choose to use my 45-70 and a bow 2nd those buff were killed in Zimbabawe not Namibia as you seem to enjoy refering to. 3rd I did not mention killing buff with my 458 Lott because that was not my point of reference in those posts on another forum, (FTR I have killed 19 of the species with several different weapons).

quote:
originally posted by wynwood (on another forum):

Those decades you ask upon (45-70) reach back to era WWII when safaris were truely safaris and just getting across the big salt pond was time consuming.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of urdubob
posted Hide Post
And the Lord said,"the stupid will allways be with you!"

Lets move on.

Midway USA sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 945 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Those pictures are not Ted Ekin, they are of Bob Swinehart, the first man to take the big 5 with a bow.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
Jerry
Wouldnt the archery world be happy to know Mr Swinehart was still alive and posting on AR. Big Grin roflmao I am happy to see another archery fan recconized one of the all time great Africa hunters.

Another copy of the photo.
Dean

swinehart photos

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread is worthless with pictures! Roll Eyes

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McCray:
This thread is worthless with pictures! Roll Eyes

I agree, and Wynwood is a phony as the pictures he posted as himself! What a dork! thumbdown

GOODBY WYNIE-THE-POO, you've been busted! You need to slide into the long grass, and lick your wounds, then go on your way!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know these little bastards probably don't realize it but they are really getting some great experience in politics.

lets look at how they operate. They start with a lie then show extreme disgust at anyone who would question them. Then denial, denial, denial, demand proof. When busted they slink off and return a week later under a new name.

Of course they throw in small trinkets of fact on occasion to try and divide and cause questionability among upstanding members.

Just look at some of these threads to see how well this has worked.

I believe it was Gobbels of the NAZI party who said "If you say it enough it becomes the truth".

Of course this tactic worked so well that all of the subversive communist and marxist dictators of the world have used it to great effect for the last 60 years. And of course this type of political propaganda has found it's way into US politics with the advent of 60's radicals marxist hippies becoming more powerful all the time here in the US.

These kids are the next generation of liberal democrats. Hillary is going to be so proud!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry: you went and ruined all my fun! I so wanted it to be 500 that tracked those pictures down to Bob. Have the sucker running rings around himself....gosh ain't life grand!
Oh Well! now back to posting under my real screen name,just like many of you I have several....funny some of you were actually sent me PMs discussing wynwood (wynwood BTW is for Wyatt Wood). jump

one of us
posted Hide Post
You know I recognize wynwoods style of posting, but I just can't bring to mind who it is. He's been here before under a different name. Got ran off then too.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wynwood:

***he whom laughs last laughs best

Everyone knows it's "HIM whom laughs last laughs best"! Big Grin

Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand all this hiding behind many identies. I stand behind what I say on the internet, on any forum. And I'm not afraid to use my real name.

Interesting photos, would like to read more about the hunter. Could do without the BS about someone's schizophrenic personality.

Frans Diepstraten

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A wise man once said that "arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics -even if you win you´re still retarded".

Just my 2 cents.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Say 500, your a damn good detective, busted wyn real good, total exposure and he is sweating bullets and fighting for excuses, but he is dead in the water I fear....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wynwood:
Jerry: you went and ruined all my fun! I so wanted it to be 500 that tracked those pictures down to Bob. Have the sucker running rings around himself....gosh ain't life grand!
Oh Well! now back to posting under my real screen name,just like many of you I have several....funny some of you were actually sent me PMs discussing wynwood (wynwood BTW is for Wyatt Wood). jump

What IS your real screen name?

Since you obviously have admitted this is a troll re-incarnation, we are taking the pleasure of deleting your account.....

Have a good life somewhere else.

Don

Posts: 26547 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He'll be baaaaaaaaack.

shame shame nut

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 475Guy:
He'll be baaaaaaaaack.

shame shame nut

Yep..they always come back...it's life on the internet, we can only do what we can.

Don

Posts: 26547 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
WTG, DRG. thumb

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cewe:
A wise man once said that "arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics -even if you win you´re still retarded".

Just my 2 cents.

cewe

I like that one a lot ///

Just to lift the IQ of the debate I believe ARGUING on the internet is like climbing a flashlight/torch beam, just when you are about half way up the beam and gaining the ascendency over someone some joker SOB switches off the flashlight and you come back to earth with a BANG roflmao

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kept trying to guess his age, since he was hunting buffalo in Rhodesia in the early 40's and apparently not in the military at the time, I would guess he was in his mid 30's during WWII, which would make him close to 95-100, about the age Ballbuster was when he punched the 30 year old PH in the mouth in RSA for flirting with his wife! Roll Eyes

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RBHunt:
I kept trying to guess his age, since he was hunting buffalo in Rhodesia in the early 40's and apparently not in the military at the time, I would guess he was in his mid 30's during WWII, which would make him close to 95-100, about the age Ballbuster was when he punched the 30 year old PH in the mouth in RSA for flirting with his wife! Roll Eyes

HOLY SMOKE

If he was hunting Rhodesia in the 40's he must surly have known my mother at that time, but then seeing she was a ZULU maybe he ran like hell when she approached him bone in nose and black locks blowing in the wind shame

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, Damn me if I don't feel like a Grade A horse's ass right now...

My apologies again to Mickey, but I woudn't blame you one bit if you don't accept it.

This whole thing stank but my nose wasn't sharp enough to tell which way the wind was blowing.

Wynwood...

Thanks for reminding me that looking for the "good" in some people is a fool's game and a waste of time. I must have forgotten that, somewhere down the line.

Elmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmo:
Well, Damn me if I don't feel like a Grade A horse's ass right now...

My apologies again to Mickey, but I woudn't blame you one bit if you don't accept it.

This whole thing stank but my nose wasn't sharp enough to tell which way the wind was blowing.

Elmo

Elmo

Don't sweat it. I wanted to believe him too. I'm sorry I snapped at you but I was beginning to see what was coming when you posted. beer