THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Namibia:Mysterious beasts torment villagers (UPDATE)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia:Mysterious beasts torment villagers (UPDATE)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mysterious Beasts Torment Villagers - by Helvy Tueumuna

From The New Era
July 21, 2009

ONGWEDIVA – Unknown creatures that reportedly devour and suck blood from livestock are haunting villagers at Onheleiwa, Oidiva and Oikango of Ongwediva constituency.

Over 20 goats have been killed at Onheleiwa and Oidiva villages and an unknown number at Oikango, where the situation is said to be worse.

Villagers are convinced that the creatures have something to do with witchcraft. They are now accusing an elderly man who has a house at Onheleiwa village and his sister who has a house at Oikango village of being the owners of these strange, blood-sucking beasts.

Oshana Police spokesperson, Christina Fonsech, said the police were called at Onheleiwa last week where they followed the creatures’ footprints.

According to her, the creatures’ footprints are bigger than a dog’s footprints, and police could not identify the creatures.

“We followed them but they walked until a spot where they just vanished. It’s difficult to explain what happened to those footprints because they looked as if they climbed onto something but it was in an open space, so we don’t know what happened,” she said.

Olivia Shikongo had her whole kraal wiped out by the creatures, leaving her with only two kid goats.

According to Shikongo, on July 3 five of her goats were eaten up. All that was left were traces of hooves and heads of some of the goats, while other goats had their stomachs cut open and had no intestines or liver.

“Last Wednesday they came to the kraal again. When I heard the goats making noise, I started to scream. It seems that they could no longer kill the goat that they had bitten so they left. When we went to the kraal in the morning, there were only three goats. One goat, which is the bigger one, was fighting for its life. There was no trace of five other goats that were also at the kraal the previous night,” she explain
According to her, when she and other villagers looked around all they could find were the footprints of the unknown creatures while her five goats seemed to have disappeared into thin air.

Shikongo lost a total of 11 goats in two nights.

“I’m only left with two small goats that we now lock up inside a room in the house,” she said.

Another villager who also lost a goat said he saw the creatures when he ran to the kraal after he heard his animals making noise.

According to him, he found four animals at the kraal but when they saw him, they ran away.

The villagers that claim to have seen the unknown creatures, said they look like tigers. Although the community members are also scared for their lives, they said they understand that the animals do not attack human beings.

“If you find them at night, they just sit still on the side of the path and wait for you to pass by,” said another villager.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9372 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
Unknown creatures that reportedly devour and suck blood from livestock are haunting villagers at Onheleiwa, Oidiva and Oikango of Ongwediva constituency.

Over 20 goats have been killed at Onheleiwa and Oidiva villages and an unknown number at Oikango, where the situation is said to be worse.

Villagers are convinced that the creatures have something to do with witchcraft. They are now accusing an elderly man who has a house at Onheleiwa village and his sister who has a house at Oikango village of being the owners of these strange, blood-sucking beasts.

Oshana Police spokesperson, Christina Fonsech, said the police were called at Onheleiwa last week where they followed the creatures’ footprints.

According to her, the creatures’ footprints are bigger than a dog’s footprints, and police could not identify the creatures.

“We followed them but they walked until a spot where they just vanished. It’s difficult to explain what happened to those footprints because they looked as if they climbed onto something but it was in an open space, so we don’t know what happened,” she said.

I wonder if the MET will issue problem animal permits for these? Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Chupacabra!

Must have hitched a ride from Mexico, Puerto Rico, or Texas.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think he used to post here

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
EL CHUPACABRA!!!!!

Ya know, this sounds like a good movie.

Posts: 23 | Location: Texas, United States | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet the old woman and her brother are werewolves. To test them they should be thrown into a pond. If they sink and drown they are not werewolves. If however they float , they are definitely werewolves and as such should be shot with silver bullets and then burn the corpses. clap

That is the surest way to rid a village of werewolves.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyedoc:
I bet the old woman and her brother are werewolves. To test them they should be thrown into a pond. If they sink and drown they are not werewolves. If however they float , they are definitely werewolves and as such should be shot with silver bullets and then burn the corpses. clap

That is the surest way to rid a village of werewolves.

No, no, no. If they float they are therefore witches...unless of course they are in fact ducks, which also float mind you.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Has Walter been to Namibia lately?

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Some time ago the same happend here and in some places of Argentina with livestock..strange uh ?

As everyone says...el chupacabra (the suckgoat in english).

sofa

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, no, no. If they float they are therefore witches...unless of course they are in fact ducks, which also float mind you.

Or wood, or tiny stones!

I thought a witch was a wooden duck!

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
‘Creatures’ Continue Reign of Terror - by Helvy Tueumuna

From The New Era
August 24, 2009

OSHAKATI – The mystery of unknown creatures that allegedly eat up livestock at villages in the Ongwediva constituency continue to haunt residents.

Since last month, the number of goats and chickens that have been eaten up by the so-called creatures keeps growing. Some villagers have lost up to 10 goats. All that they found were hides of the goats that allegedly fell prey to the monsters. Some of them had to shut down their kraals as all of their animals were eaten up.

Now villagers are urging the owners of the alleged witchcraft-related creatures to lock up their “animals”.

“We are begging them to please lock up their creatures. We have children that go to school, we are scared for their lives,” said Laimi Kambode, who lost seven goats in two consecutive days.

Villagers are also concerned that the “tigers” are finishing up their animals, which are their source of income.
According to them, a woman in their village is now mentally disturbed – all because of fear.

“Whenever the sun goes down, all she wants is the soil to swallow her up. The other day, I went to her just to talk to her and give her counselling. The poor woman is traumatised,” said one villager.

Because of what they are going through, the residents of Ongwediva constituency want to organise a march and demonstrate against a man and her sister, believed to be the owners of the monsters.

They claim that the monsters have reproduced hence the owners can no longer afford to feed them.

Consequently, they (owners) released them into the village where they are now feeding on other people’s livestock.

Last week Sunday, Kambode, a villager from Oipundi village was forced to set fire to her grass. Kambode believed that the unknown creatures were hiding in her thatching grass pond. She allegedly had to seek permission to burn the grass in her yard from the village headman.

“On Sunday morning around 06h00, one of my children heard some strange noises coming from the pond.

She lit up her cellphone and saw two big tigers and two smaller ones eating up a goat,” said Kambode.

The creatures allegedly chased the children after which they went back to the goat carcass.

“We called the police but they did not go into the long grass. We somehow understand them (police), they are only human. No one would risk his/her life to the beasts,” Kambode adds.

When the police left, Kambode was prompted to torch her thatching grass. No burnt animal remains were, however, found after the grass burnt down. This was despite the fact that villagers were sure that the “tigers” were in the pond at that time.

Anna Nakwatumba, who lost four goats and chickens in two days, said although the owners of the creatures are allegedly well-known, the villagers are afraid to confront them.

“We don’t really have grounds to confront them because we may search the house and find nothing. These are witchcraft-related animals, they are not God’s creatures,” said Nakwatumba.

Last month Olivia Shikongo of Oikango village had her goats eaten up by the creatures leaving her with two kid goats.

According to Shikongo, on July 3, 2009 five of her goats were all eaten up. Like all villagers whose animals fell prey to the alleged monsters, all were left of her goats were hooves and heads of some goats; while other goats had their stomachs cut open and had no intestines or liver.

Oshana Police spokesperson, Christina Fonsech, confirmed that the police were called to villages where unknown creatures were destroying livestock. According to her, the creatures’ footprints were bigger than dog’s footprints, and police could not pin-point what type of animals they were.

“We followed them (footprints) but they just walked until a spot where they just vanished. It is difficult to explain what happened to those footprints because it looked as if they climb on something but it was an open space with no trees or grass, so we don’t know what happened,” she said earlier.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9372 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably DARPA testing a new weapons system...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
If not chupacabra, which it shows all the signs of, then perhaps a relict population of African tiger (Pantera tigris namibiana)?
Or an undercover group making goat foie gras?
Or maybe the locals have it right and it's just plain witchcraft?

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chupacabra!

Must have hitched a ride from Mexico, Puerto Rico, or Texas.

thumb thumb beer beer clap clap

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
happening to people here too, getting their blood sucked out - verified as nancy pelosi

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why someone doesn't go sort this out! i wish i was still there with my 9.3!... Does anyone know any hunter in living close to Oshikati? Flip Nel's brother used to live up there...

Is Flip still on AR?
Aaron

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I smell a PAC hunt!

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote