THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Who has hunted same Namibian Game Ranch more than once?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has hunted same Namibian Game Ranch more than once?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just curious...

As to who has hunted the same Namibian Game Ranch more than once?

Please give Outfitter/PH and animals hunted...

I believe if anyone goes back for more, then that Outfitter and property must be special indeed!

I'm contemplating between a communal concession hunt vs visiting a different ranch for my next visit...

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bow hunted with Allan Cilliers Bowhunting on two occasions and would like to go back. It's bow hunting only and the name has changed periodically as Allan's sons have become involved, so I don't know the exact name anymore. Great operation. Good kudu and gemsbok and great opportunity at eland, as well as the other indigenous game -- hartebeest, zebra, etc. Nice accommodations.

Only reason I haven't been back is I've shifted to rifle hunting the big stuff and this would have to be a side trip once I retire and don't have work committments. Soon I hope.

If you're a bowhunter, you can't go wrong.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I haven't been back yet, I am hunting with Christies Adventures again in March of next year after hunting with them in May of '07. Christie has concessions totaling almost 2,000,000 acres so I don't know if "game ranch" applies or not. I thought about other countries and other outfitters, but my experience was so enjoyable that it wasn't much of a decision.

Posts: 315 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry didn't see the last part of your post. I took kudu, gemsbuck, springbuck, impala, blue wildebeast, steenbuck, porcupine and mountain zebra.

Posts: 315 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Brian Miller and family at Keerweder Safaris in 2006. My wife was going back w/me this year until she got a blood clot in her left leg. I got a Blesbuk, Springbuck, Oryx, and an Impala. We also shot LOTS of guinea fowl, ring neck doves, and sand grouse.

One of the guys I went with on that trip was there in 2003 and is planning for one there in 2010 now.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Late-Bloomer

I think your choice is depenent on what type of experience you are looking for. Hunting with the same safari operaor and on the same property is familiar, comfortable and if you like the safari operator loads of fun. On the other hand Africa is such an enormous place offering so many different hunting opportunities and variety of expereinces why not try something different? At some point you'll want to see what a dangerous game area looks like. Although it is not common practice there are areas that offer plains game only hunts at plains game rates in dangerous game areas. I'm not talking about a ranch with some stocked buff but a free range area where you can expect to see elephant, buffalo and all manner of game in their natural enviroment. These areas offer the "Classic Safari" expereince at non dangerous game rates. Something to consider and always my recommendation for people wanting to widen their Afrcan expereince a little.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have hunted with Kalahari Safaris twice

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark- You are exactly right...and this is why since I have some time now I'd like to weigh my options as to what is available out there for me this time around!

I haven't been on here much lately and just want to get an idea of what other folks visiting Namibia again have done or will do...

Thanks again!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Corne and Nic Kruger as my PH or cameraman on Erindi Ranch between Okahanja and Omaruru in 2004 and 2007; we had my son and daughter-in-law go in 2005. My good friends were there in 2003, 2005, and 2006. We hunted leopard, kudu, gemsbok, cheetah, warthog, springbok, blesbok, blue wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, eland, both Burchell and Hartmann zebras, and predators.

We love the area and people, and it is a tremendously fun hunt with good friends. Erindi has changed over to eco-tourism now, but the Krugers have their own ranch and several other leased properties now and offer just as good hunting as before. The high dry plains of central Namibia are wonderful to hunt. They are savvy business professionals and know that quality is very important, and strive to make the entire experience as good for the spouse as it is for the hunter. Their new place is beautiful from the photos I have seen, and we will go there next time.

Several friends here in the Idaho Falls area in my local SCI chapter hunt with Gauss Hunting every year. Another group of quality people with excellent hunting areas, and Hagen and Hartmut are super nice people. More northern area, but closer to visit Etosha also.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found a great game farm and hosts and wouldn't want to risk switching. I will hunt again (God willin' and the creek don't rise) with Nomtsas, http://www.namhunt.de/en/huntstart.html, about three hours south of Windhoek. Our group of three took kudu, gemsbok, red hartebeast, black wildebeast, warthog, mountain zebra, springbok, jackal, and baboon.

When I return, I want to personally take warthog (which I previously did not), blue wildebeast, blesbok, plains zebra, and any kudu, springbok, or gemsbok that happens to be better that what I've already taken. Nomtsas doesn't have a huntable population of eland or impala, so I'm hoping to take a couple of days on some other place, likely in the north, that Albert Voigts von Schutz can arrange for me to hunt those species.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Blank,

I'm glad you replied here! In fact, your pass safaris is one of the major reasons why I asked this question!

I remembered you posting before many times of how you've gone back to the same Outfitter several times and established a wonderful relationship with the owners!

That's why I'm considering both options this time around before I decide...

Do I hit another SUPERB game ranch with splendid proprietors and game or do I spend time in a tented-camp for a CLASSIC safari in the bush???

I'd just like to consider ALL things before I decide as its a toss-up right now!!!

btw- for this trip we are interested in MONSTER Waterbuck, Black or Blue Wildebeest, Oryx, and Hyena, and of course a couple Warties for good measure....grins

Most of all, we're really interested in staying and being with INCREDIBLE people...Just looking for a FINE operation run by excellent folks!

quote:
Originally posted by Blank:
I hunted with Corne and Nic Kruger as my PH or cameraman on Erindi Ranch between Okahanja and Omaruru in 2004 and 2007; we had my son and daughter-in-law go in 2005. My good friends were there in 2003, 2005, and 2006. We hunted leopard, kudu, gemsbok, cheetah, warthog, springbok, blesbok, blue wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, eland, both Burchell and Hartmann zebras, and predators.

We love the area and people, and it is a tremendously fun hunt with good friends. Erindi has changed over to eco-tourism now, but the Krugers have their own ranch and several other leased properties now and offer just as good hunting as before. The high dry plains of central Namibia are wonderful to hunt. They are savvy business professionals and know that quality is very important, and strive to make the entire experience as good for the spouse as it is for the hunter. Their new place is beautiful from the photos I have seen, and we will go there next time.

Several friends here in the Idaho Falls area in my local SCI chapter hunt with Gauss Hunting every year. Another group of quality people with excellent hunting areas, and Hagen and Hartmut are super nice people. More northern area, but closer to visit Etosha also.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Buddy...its been a long time! Hope all is well! And you're one I was going to PM today as I knew you and your son and hunting partner had a great time down south!

I'm glad you replied and I'll be catching up to you shortly with a few more (?'s) to refresh my thoughts about that game ranch...or if you could send me a link to that post of yours regarding that trip that would be cool too!

Aloha my friend!

Ro

quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
I found a great game farm and hosts and wouldn't want to risk switching. I will hunt again (God willin' and the creek don't rise) with Nomtsas, http://www.namhunt.de/en/huntstart.html, about three hours south of Windhoek. Our group of three took kudu, gemsbok, red hartebeast, black wildebeast, warthog, mountain zebra, springbok, jackal, and baboon.

When I return, I want to personally take warthog (which I previously did not), blue wildebeast, blesbok, plains zebra, and any kudu, springbok, or gemsbok that happens to be better that what I've already taken. Nomtsas doesn't have a huntable population of eland or impala, so I'm hoping to take a couple of days on some other place, likely in the north, that Albert Voigts von Schutz can arrange for me to hunt those species.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks Bill...I haven't forgotten my friend! I'm considering and open to everything at this time... Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
LB - Same suggestion as before!

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=693109698#693109698

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Late Bloomer:

Aloha.

While I have hunted with the same PH on several occasions, I make it a point to hunt a different camp and a different part of the host country each trip. For example: Three different Zim camps in three different parts of Zim, with the same PH. And this year I'll be going back to Namibia with last year's PH, but to another camp in another area.

You can have both. Make the friends and the contacts, and still see different areas.

It's all good. Best.......Tom

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing Tom I appreciate it!

This is why I also generated this thread...to get my fellow hunter's thoughts on it...A place where I can talk story with you folks openly...It gives me an opportunity to be open to all things at all times before I make a solid decision as I do have time on my side right now... Wink

Aloha brother!

Ro

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Peter Sohrada four times and with Gauss Hunting (Hagen Eggert and Hartmut Freyer) four times. Next time I'm in Africa I will visit/hunt with both of them again. I enjoy seeing places that are so much a part of my life memory again.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter Sohrada! First hunt, first animal a 62" Kudu! Yes, I will return next time with my grandson!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Danie Strauss @ Kowas Adventure Safaris http://www.kowasadventure.com/index.htm
I have taken kudu, red hartebeast, mountain zebra, sttenbok, duiker, blue wildebeast, several springbok and several oryx. My wife and I enjoyed it very much and would like to return in a few years.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LB,

I've hunted with Mike Kibble of www.progress-safaris.com twice...............2006 and 2008.

The trophy quality and his concessions are outstanding; 55", 56" and 58" Kudu, 40" and 42" "Oryx bulls and a 44" cow, 25.5" Red Hartebeest, 15", 17" and a whopping 17.5" Kalahari springbucks, 25" Impala, 31.5" Waterbuck................

And he's a great bloke. Wink

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Omatako Hunting Trails twice, 2006 and 2008 and will be going back 2010. Johan and Elfie Kotze are great to hunt with and I would recommend them.

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
2 times with Kalahary Hunting Safaris,10 animals package, with some difference between the two times, the first time there were Zebra and ostrich, the second one red hartebeest, warthog and impala.

Fine people, friendly and absolutely affordable.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you folks and as I have got time on my side I'll be looking at all these places to consider for our next trip...

Good people, good hunting, and good fun is most important to us on this next go around as well... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Hunted with Omatako Hunting Trails for the second time this April, first time was 2002.
A friend and I both took oryx, hartebeest and blue wildebeest, all were gold medals according to the Napha scoring system. My friend also got a bronze kudu.
I have been to four different Namibian farms,
Omatako has definitely been the best in all respects.

Posts: 19 | Location: Norway | Registered: 26 March 2004Reply With Quote