New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who For Dip & Pack Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK we keep hearing who not to use but lets get a list of who you have used in Namibia for Dip & Pack that had fair prices and did good work.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We used Wilko Pascheka at REISER TAXIDERMY, in Windhoek in 2004,'05, and '07. We have been very satisfied with the results he provided. The delivery connections with either Pam Foerster and Int'l Air Cargo, or IFN were good also.

His email should still be reiser@iway.na

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
elkfitter,

I think the question is more If you can't trust your safari operator to recommend someone that he has a long and positive realtionship with you had better book with someone else. Micro managing your dip/pack and trophy shipping should not be something that is necessary for you to be involved in.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
elkfitter,

I think the question is more If you can't trust your safari operator to recommend someone that he has a long and positive realtionship with you had better book with someone else. Micro managing your dip/pack and trophy shipping should not be something that is necessary for you to be involved in.

Mark

Mark,

Do you know who ARUB uses? Have your past bookings there had any comment about dip & pack costs from there?

Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wilko, Reiser, and IFN have done a good job for us .

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WORLDHUNTER1
posted Hide Post
I used Wilko at Reisers last year and found him to be honest and he takes great pride it what he does. He worked hard to help me.
All shipments arived in great condition an was packed very well.

Posts: 238 | Location: MI | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Micro managing your dip/pack and trophy shipping should not be something that is necessary for you to be involved in.

I don't consider planning hunt details as micro managing, in fact I find it enjoyable. One of the biggest reason I won't use a booking agent is that I like straight answers to direct questions and some agents find that impossible.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
We had a very positive experience using Pam Foerster last May. In our case the Dip was done by our PH, Vaughan Fulton but Pam handled the packing and paperwork. I thought her prices were reasonable, she was quick to respond to e-mails, our trophies were packed well and we had no issues at all on her end. She has a taxidermist she works with who handles dipping but I don't know they are.

Pam can be reached at: pam-iacs AT mweb.com.na

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pam did a great job for me as well, my dad and I got our buffalo skulls back in early February from our hunt last July/August. The price was $380 each for shipping and everything.

Posts: 195 | Location: Bremerton, WA | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wilko Pascheka at REISER TAXIDERMY...

I think the guy in Otjiwarongo is good too... i just cant think of his name.

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wilko Pascheka at REISER TAXIDERMY...

+1 for Wilko

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anyone got a name for these people?

posted Hide Post
I went through Wilko at Reiser. It went well except that my zebra hide went missing. It was clear from the sign-offs at Reiser's and other indications that it 'disappeared' late in transit. When I told Wilko, he sent me another free of charge even though it was clearly beyond his responsibility. Although it is not my original hide, I can't thank Wilko enough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wilko at Reiser, plains game in 06 and 08,,, comparable to what I researched before and he delivered as promised befor, will continue to use him unless convinced here otherwise.

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pam was great for the shipping.

The guys in Otjiwarongo, aviod them like the plague. Pretty certain that is where my hides got jacked up from 2007. As I understand the guys own mother walked out and quit due to some of the stuff he was pulling. If I go to Namibia again I'll have everything sent through Reiser.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will say that I gorked a little bitover dip/pack costs this year compared to past trips. That said Wilco and the guys at Reisers seem to be very on top of things and everything is progressing smoothly.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
9 out of 10 the crates that we get in from Namibia are from Reisers taxidermy. They bubble wrap everything and pac LOTS of paper around everything and they usually stand behind items if there is a storage charge for lost or misplaced paper work-their fault- so I would use them and I very picky about this. thumb

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I would love to recommmend Trophaendienste in Windhoek but they keep moving the completion date for my taxidermy.

Last August when I dropped them off they said I would get my Steenbok mount, zebra rug and European mounts in late January or early February.
In January they told me that they would be done the first of March
Last month they told me they would be done the first of April.
This week they say that my trophies will be done at the end of May.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Frank, Tropaendienste is seriously pissing me off as well, and I believe that I am one of their biggest clients. I am currently looking into other options than them for my future clients.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl S:
Frank, Tropaendienste is seriously pissing me off as well, and I believe that I am one of their biggest clients. I am currently looking into other options than them for my future clients.

They gave me a $2400 dip and pack as well. Going to tell them to shuve it this week.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had Tropaendienste do my first kudu in namibia... and i wasn't happy with the results. it didn't look right... I would not use them again. I have no idea about their shipping as i left that kudu there when i moved home. I have decided for skull mounts from here on out anyway.
Aaron

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elkfitter:
quote:
Micro managing your dip/pack and trophy shipping should not be something that is necessary for you to be involved in.

I don't consider planning hunt details as micro managing, in fact I find it enjoyable. One of the biggest reason I won't use a booking agent is that I like straight answers to direct questions and some agents find that impossible.

clap

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Elffitter,
I recommend and use Nyati Wildlife Art as my recommended Taxidermist, they hand over shipments to designated shipping agency "without any hidden charges". My rates for the US market and reasonable because I dont have to invoice the client any hidden extras.
Pam
International Air Cargo Services

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pam,

You packed and took care of the shipping for my trophies last trip and I highly recommend you for shipping. I will take a look at Nyati.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pam Foerster:
Hi Elffitter,
I recommend and use Nyati Wildlife Art as my recommended Taxidermist, they hand over shipments to designated shipping agency "without any hidden charges". My rates for the US market and reasonable because I dont have to invoice the client any hidden extras.
Pam
International Air Cargo Services

HI Pam,

You're collecting my trophies from Trophaendienste, if they ever finish them. I'm one of Maria Felix's clients and we've emailed each other.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
I would not use Pam Foerster, no matter what. My ele shipment was seized. Turns out she did not check the tusk numbers against the CITIES permit. Paid good money for the "service", not responsive or willing to be responsible. Hmmm..

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill 5248
posted Hide Post
Elkfitter, I don't know why it should be so difficult to find a good, reliable agency for dip and pack and ship in Namibia. I also ran into a taxidermist there (Manfred Eggerer at Nyati Wildlife Art) who threatened to sell my animals to the public before they could all be collected from Fulton Safaris and shipped. I know I will not ever use them in the future. Your question about who to trust is a good one. You wouldn't think it would be a problem. I have some speculations as to why this is happening. Thank you for asking this question. I'll learn something from what people tell you.

That which is not impossible is compulsory

Posts: 161 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack D Bold:
I would not use Pam Foerster, no matter what. My ele shipment was seized. Turns out she did not check the tusk numbers against the CITIES permit. Paid good money for the "service", not responsive or willing to be responsible. Hmmm..

I need to retract this statement, and apologize to Pam. After a slow start, Pam's efforts have been OUTSTANDING in trying to get a replacement CITIES permit. In spite of getting flamed by yours truly, she has stepped up to the plate. Well done Pam Foerester.

And a special thanks to
Maria Felix
President
Hunter International Brokerage Services, Inc.
5674 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 209
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Tel (925) 417-5270 Fax (925)417-0170
E-mail "meuropa@sbcglobal.net" or mlfelix@sbcglobal.net"

She is one incredible, knowledgeable, and helpful import agent. You cannot go wrong using either of these ladies.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I need to retract this statement, and apologize to Pam. After a slow start, Pam's efforts have been OUTSTANDING in trying to get a replacement CITIES permit. In spite of getting flamed by yours truly, she has stepped up to the plate. Well done Pam Foerester.

And a special thanks to
Maria Felix
President
Hunter International Brokerage Services, Inc.
5674 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 209
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Tel (925) 417-5270 Fax (925)417-0170
E-mail "meuropa@sbcglobal.net" or mlfelix@sbcglobal.net"

She is one incredible, knowledgeable, and helpful import agent. You cannot go wrong using either of these ladies.

Jack,

You get an atta boy for stepping up when an apology is needed. thumb

As for Maria, she cleared my shipment into Miami about 5 years ago. She'll get my business again!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WHATEVER YOU DO,DON'T UST NYATI!!!
THEY LIED TO ME FOR A YEAR OR MORE. PROMISED MY TROPHIES LAST JULY. THEY JUST FINISHED ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND LIKELY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE SO WITHOUT ME RAISING HELL SO MANY TIMES.
NYATI USES PAM TO SHIP, SO I AM NOT SURPRISED SHE RECOMMENDS THEM.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. NYATI SUCKS!
WHOMEVER YOU USE TO SHIP GET SEVERAL QUOTES.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff h:
WHATEVER YOU DO,DON'T UST NYATI!!!
THEY LIED TO ME FOR A YEAR OR MORE. PROMISED MY TROPHIES LAST JULY. THEY JUST FINISHED ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND LIKELY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE SO WITHOUT ME RAISING HELL SO MANY TIMES.
NYATI USES PAM TO SHIP, SO I AM NOT SURPRISED SHE RECOMMENDS THEM.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. NYATI SUCKS!
WHOMEVER YOU USE TO SHIP GET SEVERAL

QUOTES.

YOU KNOW PAM YOU SHOULD BE MORE HONEST WITH THE POSTERS HERE AND LET THEM KNOW EXACTLY WHY YOU RECOMMEND NYATI. THEY ARE PUTTING MONEY IN YOUR POCKET. BE HONEST AND LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes Jeff, You are right they do put money into my Company, BUT they give me shipments that are designated to my by my PH's clients, i.e. in your case Vaughan Fulton.
The MAIN reason that I recommend them is that they do not expect to receive commission for handing over their shipments to the designated shipper i.e. IACS.

Even the problems you had have been ironed out with them and you have your shipment now.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Anybody use or hear of African Shipping Services, owner is Rainer Sentefol?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
quote:

The guys in Otjiwarongo, aviod them like the plague. Pretty certain that is where my hides got jacked up from 2007. As I understand the guys own mother walked out and quit due to some of the stuff he was pulling. If I go to Namibia again I'll have everything sent through Reiser.

Just to rectify there are more than one taxidermy in Otjiwarongo. This past season I used a lady called Sylvia at Otjiwarongo Taxidermy and would definitely recommend them.

Most of my clients trophies was shipped in 3 months.

Speak to your outfitter about this, if he has a good relationship with a shipping agent or taxidermy the chance is a lot lower that something will go wrong.

It's not really the operators responsibility but trust me, we hear it if something goes wrong. We are the only contact client usually have in Africa and if we are the only ones who can sort it out for them. If I don’t get cooperation from a taxidermy in this regard, I don’t use them period.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pam Foerster:
Yes Jeff, You are right they do put money into my Company, BUT they give me shipments that are designated to my by my PH's clients, i.e. in your case Vaughan Fulton.
The MAIN reason that I recommend them is that they do not expect to receive commission for handing over their shipments to the designated shipper i.e. IACS.

Pam I not going to call you a lier because that is not how I roll and I don't know for sure if you get a kick back from Nyati or not. I will say it has been disgusted many times on this site about taxidermist giving shipping agents kickbacks. You may be part of the .02% that does not take one.

I will say I still don't have my trophies I am hoping I will have them within this month. You seem to say the problems I have had with Nyati are over. They ain't over till I open the box and see that what I shot in 06 is in good shape.

You seem to thing just because the container was shipped I should forgive and forget about all the lies I Nayti told me. This site it to let people know the good and the bad so hopefully people can make good decisions.

I plan on a full post when I have the boxes with all the details. Until then folks avoid Nyati like the plague.

PS Vaughn Fulton did tell me he had has a few issues with Nyati before I chose them. I should have listened to my PH. I bet he will be more forceful with any other clients he has.

Even the problems you had have been ironed out with them and you have your shipment now.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeff h:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pam Foerster:
------------------------------------------------
Pam I not going to call you a lier because that is not how I roll and I don't know for sure if you get a kick back from Nyati or not. I will say it has been disgusted many times on this site about taxidermist giving shipping agents kickbacks. You may be part of the .02% that does not take one.

I will say I still don't have my trophies I am hoping I will have them within this month. You seem to say the problems I have had with Nyati are over. They ain't over till I open the box and see that what I shot in 06 is in good shape.

You seem to thing just because the container was shipped I should forgive and forget about all the lies I Nayti told me. This site it to let people know the good and the bad so hopefully people can make good decisions.

I plan on a full post when I have the boxes with all the details. Until then folks avoid Nyati like the plague.

PS Vaughn Fulton did tell me he had has a few issues with Nyati before I chose them. I should have listened to my PH. I bet he will be more forceful with any other clients he has.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry this should be the order above

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear there is more than one taxidermist in Otjiworongo. Marlon Beyer did my dip and pack in 2004 -- no problems whatsoever. And I had them do some skulls and rugs in 2007. No problems there either. I've been to their shop and it seems well-run and they were responsive and did what was expected. His e-mail, at last count, was mbeyer@iway.na.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
You are correct, I may be the only exporter of trophies in Namibia that does not pay the Taxidermist commission or kickbacks, whatever you want to call it, for handing over the shipment to my Company. It is a practice I abhor. I have NEVER DONE it in the 16 years I have been in business, and NEVER WILL. I believe that the Hunters pay enough to come over for their Hunt, they pay enough to have the taxidxermy work done here, why should they pay more just because a Taxidermist has a "special" relelationship with the trophy exporter?
The original question was WHO for Dip & pack in namibia and I recommnded NYATI as I know they do not expect any paymetn for handing their trophy shipment to the export.
I do hope this explains to you WHY I recommended them.