New
Find
Notify
Tools

A few Africa pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Southern Tanzania this year for two weeks and then 4 nights in Kenya. Kenya paid off but Tanz wasn't that great except the chimps in Mahale (on Lake Tanganyika).

I have to throw in a grizzly from Alaska

And a polar bear from Canada

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Fantastic photos, Mr. Wheeler.

My favorites are the chimpanzee and the pending lion kill.

Did you do any hunting?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13466 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mrlexma, sorry I didn't sign my name so you would know I'm not a Mr. My husband couldn't take off work long enough for a hunt this year so I went by myself, photos only.

Cindy

one of us
posted Hide Post
wonderful photos, thanks for sharing them with us Cindy.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanz2007
posted Hide Post
Outstanding pictures Cindy, may I ask about what equipment you are using?

Posts: 171 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Very well done.... my favorite is the chimp and male lion.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Fabulous images. Thanks for letting us see them. Do you have a published collection of work?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16509 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Cindy,

Wow, the photos are wonderful. You got skills! You captured that leopard's expresion well, very intense look.

~Ann

Posts: 19206 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone.

tanz2007, I use Canon digital. 40D and Mark 2N with a 500 f/4 and a 100-400.

Bill/Oregon, nothing published.

Ann, we had been watching that leopard for about an hour. She had killed a big impala and drug it to the shade of a tree where she rested for quite awhile. Then she walked thru an almost dry riverbed and up the bank towards where we were. The guide knew she had some cubs and he thought she was probably going to get them to take to the kill. I was standing up in the vehicle taking pictures and when I took this one (she was probably 3 ft from me) the guide said "be careful". I only took this shot and slowly moved to the other side of the vehicle. Later the guide told me a leopard accidentally jumped in a vehicle last year and chewed up two people. Accidentally because it was either chasing or being chased and the vehicle was in the path of the chase and the leopard didn't go around it but jumped in. And I guess when it realized where it was it reacted in a bad way. Kind of scary after the fact. BTW, sadly, while she was with her cubs two hyenas came for a drink and discovered and devoured her kill.

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Cool pics.