THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone hunted buffalo with ph Dylan Cloete?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunted buffalo with ph Dylan Cloete?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for informations on Dylan Cloete. Anyone hunted with him, what are your experiences with Dylan, what have you hunted with him and where?

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Young energetic ZIM PH.
Good Fun and well trained Personality.
You will not regret to have hunted with him

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Dylan hunted with us one year in Tanzania.

He guided Bakes here on AR.

He is a great PH to have.

We enjoyed hunting with him.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67051 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dylan took care of my wife and family including my grandsons while I was out Hunting in the BVC. They did so much and would call dibs on spaces in his truck when loading up in the morning.

It was the First time I met him and we all spent many days together in camp. I would gladly recommend him and hope he is available next time we visit Zim.

Posts: 394 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TNJohn:
Dylan took care of my wife and family including my grandsons while I was out Hunting in the BVC. They did so much and would call dibs on spaces in his truck when loading up in the morning.

It was the First time I met him and we all spent many days together in camp. I would gladly recommend him and hope he is available next time we visit Zim.

Sounds great, thank you. I gonna hunt with him at the BVC in September. In what camp were you? Who was your PH and what did you shoot?

one of us
posted Hide Post
This time around we were in Samanyanga, before that in Nengo. I hunt with Dave Langerman and always try to hunt at the same time as John Sharp.

September should be fantastic time this year. Hunted going on four years ago out of Nengo and enjoyed it. My wife came on that trip and insisted on returning. This last trip though will be hard to ever top, but we will be going back to try.

Instead of giving up hunting time she went her own way and did her own thing. It worked out perfect. Took Buffalo(es), Nyala, also some plains game for my son and son in law. Too thick this last time for Kudu and Eland. Took nice ones on previous trip.

Posts: 394 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TNJohn:
This time around we were in Samanyanga, before that in Nengo. I hunt with Dave Langerman and always try to hunt at the same time as John Sharp.

September should be fantastic time this year. Hunted going on four years ago out of Nengo and enjoyed it. My wife came on that trip and insisted on returning. This last trip though will be hard to ever top, but we will be going back to try.

Instead of giving up hunting time she went her own way and did her own thing. It worked out perfect. Took Buffalo(es), Nyala, also some plains game for my son and son in law. Too thick this last time for Kudu and Eland. Took nice ones on previous trip.

Two weeks ago I hunted from Nengo, unfortunately didn’t get anything, the bush was too thick due to late rain. I gonna repeat the hunt in September when the bush will be less dense. I would love to know where you got your buffalo/s, now that I know the area a bit.

Twice we went down to Ngali in the south, it didn’t help… In September I’ll be hunting from Ngali.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunted in Nengo and found lots of Dugga boys in groups. Spent 5 days looking them over before settled on one. Saw several really old bulls' with broken horns and one scrum cap we just never had a good chance at closing the gap.

Lat year at this time was in Samanyanga and it was thick. So thick we even had trouble tracking all but groups and herds. Then We got in so close we would get winded or bump one and that was the end of that.

Was after old bulls and changed our tactics doing a lot of walking, glassing and beating the roads. Having two excellent trackers, Thomas and Charity, with keen eyesight really helped. Also some luck. Took some really ancient bulls and tried serval times for a scrum cap we found in a herd but no luck. Means I just have to go back again.

Buffalo are there and it seems that they moved less at this time last year than they did the end of September when I hunted Nengo. I would hunt Nengo again, Ngali is one area I would like to hunt.

Be prepared in September to do a little walking and waiting. Done stalks for hours only to be busted. Spent long periods on the sticks just waiting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what to say, well, I’m stunned. I have never been to the BVC before, I had expected way more animals. There was just one bull right, however he was gone in a couple of seconds. Just image ONE PROPER BULL WITHIN SEVEN DAYS.

I only hope September will be better…

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are more Buffalo in the BVC than you realize. The old Dugga Boys are in the thick stuff. Takes some effort to hunt them. That is what makes Buffalo hunting so addictive.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
I don’t know what to say, well, I’m stunned. I have never been to the BVC before, I had expected way more animals. There was just one bull right, however he was gone in a couple of seconds. Just image ONE PROPER BULL WITHIN SEVEN DAYS.

I only hope September will be better…

Maybe time for a change of scenery?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9876 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hunting the same area, one sometimes goes several days without seeing any buffalo.

Some days one seems to be surrounded by them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67051 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An hour ago I left Dubai, flying Emirates to Zürich. End of September I’ll be at the BVC again. However I fear I might never get a buffalo. Some years back hunting at Sengwe 1: didn’t see a buffalo. Two weeks ago at the BVC, only saw one shootable bull. Maybe shootable age-wise 'cause in a split second he was gone.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Is he Martin Pieters nephew?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote