THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Training one of the Master Race to hunt in Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Training one of the Master Race to hunt in Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
A fellow forum member and good friend took one of the Master Race (actually his wife) to the range today to get her set up to go on her first hunting trip. Until she shot this group the only rifle she'd fired was a pellet gun. The group measured about 3/4 of an inch.

Personally, I don't think either of them have anything to worry about.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Looks like she means business Steve...
Good hunting,
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6825 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
It looks like she is going to hit whatever she aim at....

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want to piss her off.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
His name isn't Francis Macomber is it?
Big Grin
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'm soooo damn old I remember Francis Wink and believe me, she was FUGLY....... this one is MUCH better looking.......... although the same can't be said of her husband....... jumping

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:

Personally, I don't think either of them have anything to worry about.

Nope. Not unless you're planning on playing photographer for their trip... Roll Eyes Wink

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
What was she shooting?

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I think it was either a 243 or a 308......

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
MUCH better looking.......... although the same can't be said of her husband....... jumping

Thanks for that one Steve

she used my bruno 243 with 85gr sierra game king bullets i couldn't believe my eyes she is a natural now only to get her on game she has shot 2 snakes with the pellet already

the first group measured 22mm and the 2nd group 20.2mm she shot a 27mm with the 308 aswell.

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The all important question is.... at what distance was it fired?

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pichon1:
The all important question is.... at what distance was it fired?

2m from target lol

we shot at 100m

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Don't knock it guys.

I have seen women who have never fired a shot before, come in here and beat their shooting husbands!

The best one was an English friend of mine, who is 6'4", and weighs about 250 pounds. He is married to a wonderful little lady, barely over 5 foot, and weighs less than 120 pounds.

I asked him if he wanted to shoot our 577 T.Rex.

He said "not on your life mate!"

His wife said she would shoot it. He told her if she was that stupid, she should go ahead and shoot it.

I got her one of our special loads, and gave it to her.

She fired it - it barely kicks like a 12 gauge.

She told her husband that it wasn't very hard.

I had the box of ammo with me, so he became brave, and said he would fire one from "the same box! I don't want Saeed to give me a different one!"

He fired it, and almost landed on his backside.

The man taking the video, had the camera set on stills, and did not take a video.

The poor guy was very upset, especially with his wife clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The women in my family, for several generations, have tended to be good students when it comes to shooting. Since they don't feel much peer pressure to be a good shot, they just do as instructed and tend to shoot pretty well right off the bat. But why would anybody be surprised that women can shoot well? There are several women's divisions in international shooting competitions, including the Olympics, and I'll bet that most of us are nowhere near their level.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
He will have to be careful or this fellow forum member might end up like Francis Macomber.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
If your daughters take after your wife you are going to have some serious competition on your hands Big Grin

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife shoots like that. Her first centerfire group was 5 rounds from a rifle I'd owned for 20 years. I thought it shot 1" groups and was pretty happy.
She showed me it was capable of 5/8" groups. What is it with women on the trigger?

Mind you, I'm not complaining. She's my best hunting partner. But how do they shoot so well?

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They “squeeze it†instead of “jerk itâ€â€¦..errr…ummm...ahh.. the trigger I mean! Eeker

Posts: 573 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote