Find
Notify
Tools

Save Conservancy Hunting Permits
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted
There is finally some good news to share with my fellow hunters who like to hunt in the Save Conservancy. While at the DSC Convention this morning, we learned from Save Safaris that hunting permits have been issued by Zimbabwe National Parks for the 2014 season. While there are still many details to be worked out, like the allocation of quotas amongst the various operators in the Conservancy, this is the best news we have heard for the Conservancy in over a year.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent news Admiral.

Sorry could not make it to Dallas and partake in your fine whiskey.

Hopefully in the Save this year.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic news!!

If we ever needed areas for DG it is this year with the closing of Bots and Zambia.

Maybe Mokore (Duckworths), Humani (Whittalls), Thierry and others can chime in with further details.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news, the Save is a special place.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of anything final yet! They are still in talks, I believe.

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thierry Labat:

I spoke with Leon this morning - he got his quotas.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
quote:

Correct, the permits and quota have now been issued. I believe they are now actually negotiating the quota, as only 2 lion have been issued for the whole conservancy, a lot less leopard than normal etc.

This is obviously still great news.

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
quote:

Correct, the permits and quota have now been issued. I believe they are now actually negotiating the quota, as only 2 lion have been issued for the whole conservancy, a lot less leopard than normal etc.

This is obviously still great news.

Thanks Thierry..any news on elephant and buffalo quota numbers.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to support the above, yes the SVC has finally been allocated it's full quota for most species. Leopard have been cut to 12 and lion to 2 for the entire conservancy. We are in the process of getting this amended. The conservancy members have had to come in line with the National indigenisation policies refering to white owned wildlife areas. Foreign owned/BIPPA properties are exempt from the indigenisation policy. At the momemnt indigenous partners consist of local communities 10% ,then National Parks and so called old farmers taking up the remaining required percentages. The good thing is rather than siting on the fence we have a direction with which we shall make the most of. Apparentely the Conservancy will go back to it's original size ,invaded properties will be cleared again for wildlife so that the SVC can be linked to the Greater Transfrontier Park. Hope is a great thing..

Posts: 229 | Location: Coutada 9 Mozambique | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
8 elephant and about 140 buffalo.

Posts: 229 | Location: Coutada 9 Mozambique | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil Duckworth:
8 elephant and about 140 buffalo.

Great News..thank you Neil.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Yes! Finally, Shangaan has their quota! Seems like forever ago that they stopped hunting. This is positive news. I was a bit concerned that we may not ever see hunting again there.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news Neil. The Save is a gem and great to hear the invaded properties will also be restored - proof will be in the action of course.

Our best to the whole Duckworth clan, don't work young Doug too hard.

Neil and Stacy Alldredge

Posts: 124 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news. Who got the 2 Lion on Quota? I hope to head back to Humani in the near future.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 705 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miketaylor:
Fantastic news. Who got the 2 Lion on Quota? I hope to head back to Humani in the near future.

Mokore got one of them..don't know on the other..if I had to GUESS I would say Sango.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil Duckworth:
Just to support the above, yes the SVC has finally been allocated it's full quota for most species. Leopard have been cut to 12 and lion to 2 for the entire conservancy. We are in the process of getting this amended. The conservancy members have had to come in line with the National indigenisation policies refering to white owned wildlife areas. Foreign owned/BIPPA properties are exempt from the indigenisation policy. At the momemnt indigenous partners consist of local communities 10% ,then National Parks and so called old farmers taking up the remaining required percentages. The good thing is rather than siting on the fence we have a direction with which we shall make the most of. Apparentely the Conservancy will go back to it's original size ,invaded properties will be cleared again for wildlife so that the SVC can be linked to the Greater Transfrontier Park. Hope is a great thing..

That's fantastic! Let's hope things become and remain stable for a while. I hope to book with you folks in a couple years for a hunt with my son and my brother. I had a great hunt with Doug two years ago.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
A bigger question is if the invaded properties are restored, will there be any thing left there after the poachers are gone....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
A bigger question is if the invaded properties are restored, will there be any thing left there after the poachers are gone....

The properties should recover quickly once the invaders are gone due to excellent game numbers on adjacent properties,

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
That is great news! tu2

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote