THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How many bow hunt or wish to bow hunt Africa?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many bow hunt or wish to bow hunt Africa?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
a Blue wildebeest was my 1st African bowkill,(at a water hole) and one of my best Bowhunting shots period.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the animals skittishness depends on how much they're hunted and if predators are around in numbers. Last trip I could have easily taken blue Wildebeest and Impala every day, but I was holding out for a Kudu. I could have taken Gemsbok, Blesbok as well. Duiker is the most skittish animal I saw. One jumped my string, and another just wouldn't cooperate by staying still.

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Jd - I'm sure there is some validity to that. The other game was realitivly clam durning most of the hunt. But, the Impala were consistantly spooky.

I had three kudu bulls come in one at dusk and two at mid-day all were very calm. While, I'm proud of the heart shot I made on my Kudu(40 paces to his demise) It was hardly, challenging.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote