New
Find
Notify
Tools

judge G wins award
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
congratulations to judge G. He has just won the award for telling the biggest african wopper of all times

But, of course, I don't drink Scotch and never have been to Africa.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for being a bit slow, but would you please explain this?
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
look in african travel under scotch from duty free

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been known to "embellish" a story every now and then; but I am not EVEN in the Judge's category yet!

Wooooooo!!!!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I don't get it either. I just met and spent a couple days with Judge G. Drank some booze with him too (he brought some scotch, I'm a bourbon and/or vodka drinker). He complained of my snoring and I complained of his sleep-apnathia (sp?) alarm. He's a real-deal Viet Nam fighter pilot and has some really neat rifles. Plus he's hunted in Africa double the times I have.

So, I found him a straight-arrow guy.

What's your beef with Judge G?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
The Judge is a man's man,wish I had the life that he has lived,from the glorious moustache,fighter planes,lots of saintly women,various hunts in Africa,lots of beautiful rifles and a steady hand to fire them,and all the good scotch bottles that that he never drank out of jumping you gotta love the man,meeting him in person was indeed an honor and I look forward to seeing you again my friend in Dallas beer

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Judge G, and spent a fair amount of time with him...

He is A No1 in my book.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am I missing something, the comment was a joke. I don't know how many times Ernest has hunted Africa nor how much Scotch he has drunk, but I would bet more of each than the average poster here. How about a cigar or two. Big Grin

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Forgive me for being a bit slow, but would you please explain this?
Thanks, Peter.

quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
If you have time, and I were you, I'd buy my booze on the last leg of my flight. You never can tell what security will do with liquids purchased elsewhere. The duty free in JNB main concourse has has 20-30 choices of Scotch to include many popular single malts.

But, of course, I don't drink Scotch and never have been to Africa. Big Grin

See the bold (and bold) bit above?

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Duh! Now I'm tracking. (And it's funny too). Some of us are just a bit slow on the download.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks tailgunner, I did see JudgeG's comment but didn't really think it was worth another thread! I was expecting something earth shattering, or at least some dirt!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote