Find
Notify
Tools

buffalo range safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day All
I would like to look into hunting with Buffalo range safaris or more importantly matetis 6 in the forrest area but i can't find any hunting info on these guys? Is there anyone who can recommend an outfit to go through as i would like to take a buff from this area along with a couple of hyena and what ever else comes along Winkany help would be great.cheers

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhaba:
G'Day All
I would like to look into hunting with Buffalo range safaris or more importantly matetis 6 in the forrest area but i can't find any hunting info on these guys? Is there anyone who can recommend an outfit to go through as i would like to take a buff from this area along with a couple of hyena and what ever else comes along Winkany help would be great.cheers

Buffalo Range Safaris is owned by the Styles family who hunt the METETSISafari area, and the main PH is Barry Styles. He is a great guy, and knows his stuff. The Styles family has been in the Safari business for two generations the company being started Barry's father. There is some good buffalo in the Metetsi area. I don't know who books for them, but if you want to see Barry's type of hunting, and personality
get a film by BIG BORE PRODUCTIONS called DEATH BY DOUBLE RIFLE. Barry's part(about3/4s of the film) of it was filmed in the Metetsi safari area.

Maybee www.BIGBOREPRODUCTIONS.com can tell you how to book with Buffalo Range Safaris!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Widowmaker416, who has not posted in quite some time, hunted with them a lot. They are also featured on Death by Double Rifle.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rob and barry are great guys, #1 people

Posts: 13444 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
They are also on a couple of the African Bolt Actions dvd:s

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello zhaba;
I have been on ten safaris with Buffalo Range and have nothing but highest regards for them. You do not need a booking agent. You can contact them directly at buffalorange@googlemail.com. I have hunted Matetsi Unit 6. In my opinion one of the premire concessions in Zim. At present only Americans cannot hunt the area due to the fact the owners of the concession are on the black list for U.S. hunters hunting Zim. Both Rob and Barry are hunting at present so it may take some time before they return your contact. They also employ two other very good PH's, Peter Garvin and Craig Robinson. Any one of which are very knowledgeable and know Matetsi well and will take good care of you. Good luck!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
peashooter - when did craig start with them?

Posts: 13444 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
butchloc;
Craig still books his own hunts to fill gaps when he is not hunting with BR If memory serves me this is his 3rd or 4th year hunting with BR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thansk for your help all. Peashooter thanks for the e-mail address i will send them a message and get the finer details on hunting with them so i can take the old .500 jef for another buffalo run BOOM

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks peashooter - i hunted with him a couple of times when he first started on his own. kinda lost track since

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peashooter:
At present only Americans cannot hunt the area due to the fact the owners of the concession are on the black list for U.S. hunters hunting Zim.

Peashooter,
Could you elaborate on this for clarity's sake; Is the Styles family not the owners of Matetsi 6 concession? If so, are they on the US Banned list? If not, who is the owner of the concession and how are the Styles' involved with the owners in Matetsi 6?

Thanks for any clarification offered.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
buwana;
The Styles have no ownership in the consession. The current holders of the lease are General Chewinga and his wife Jocelyn. If I'm not mistaken the lease is up quite soon and the consession will be up for auction. and the lease will pass to someone else. The Styles hunt in several other consessions that are not on the U.S. banned list.