THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been searching for the book, "The Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter" by Karamoja Bell for quite some time, at last check there was an old copy of it on amazon.com for $134. Way too much to pay... They now have a newly published version (Not out yet) for sale. Has anyone actually read the book? Is it all that it is cracked up to be?

Posts: 61 | Location: Deep Fork River Bottoms, Oklahoma | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
safari press publishes it.

Posts: 19313 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Look on www.abebooks.com. Prices range from $26-$40 for various reprints. Yes, the book is all it's cracked up to be.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up one a few months ago on eBay for about $20. I haven't had the chance to read it yet.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bell's book, as well as Foran's Elephant hunters of the Lado Enclave & Stigand's Elephant hunting are great reads. They have helped me save money to help realize my African Dreams. Although, I can't afford a tusker right now, but I'll find a way, even if it's less than 40# a side.

Other's:

Adventures of an Elephant Hunter by James Sutherland
Elephant by E. Blunt
Ivory Trail by T.V. Bulpin
Adventures of Shadrek by Ron Thomson
Valley of the Elephants by N. Carr

Hope this helps, Jerry

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote