THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    A Question For Those Who Like To Get A Copy Of Our Hunt Video Of This Year
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Question For Those Who Like To Get A Copy Of Our Hunt Video Of This Year
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

For a number of years, we have made our hunting videos freely available to all AR members.

WE enjoy sharing with you our hunts, hopefully as much as you enjoy watching them.

We do everything here in house, from editing to copying, printing and shipping.

It is a quite time consuming task, both for us and for those waiting to get the copies they have asked for.

What we are thinking of doing this year has several advantages, both for us here and hopefully for you too.

Last year we only managed to ship normal DVDs, as the Bluray disks we got were not as reliable to copy onto as we had hoped.

We are thinking of putting the videos on USB sticks, and offer two resolutions.

One is 720P for those who are using older computers which are not capable of playing full HD.

And 1080P Full HD for those who wish to have them.

Your feedback would be much appreciated it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66996 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Really good idea and will save you on post and packaging. Probably more durable?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Saaed once again this is a very generous offer to the forumn. This is all at your expense both time and money. I think you should do watever is easiest for you.

The USB is a very good idea. Most HD or Flat screen TV`s have a USB slot so they can be played direct.
Much cheaper to ship also.
If people want DVD`s they can have it done at any video shop.

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would certainly work for me, but I'd scrounge up a Betamax player if necessary.

Any format you choose, I want.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great idea.
Looking forward to this years adventures.
Good hunting.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Any medium works - USB would be just as good at DVDs.

The quality of private non-commercial stuff such as yours is so much better than all the commercial product placement stuff out there.

Thanks for sharing it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

As one who has benefitted from your generosity in the past, I would endorse whichever method lessens your cost and inconvenience. That said, a USB memory stick in 1080P HD would be great, working on both my computer and digital TV, while at the same time being more compact and easy-to-use.

Regardless of the format, I can't wait to see your next safari! Thanks again for the many kindnesses you show all of us on AR.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
+1 I repeat verbatim what KPete said! tu2

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
+1 I repeat verbatim what KPete said! tu2

+2 tu2

One of Us
Picture of Colin Castelli
posted Hide Post
+3

Posts: 180 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 16 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+4 tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent idea Saeed.Now why did one of us not think of that. clapHave a great Safari.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Chalmers:
Excellent idea Saeed.Now why did one of us not think of that. clapHave a great Safari.jc

'Cause he is too kind and too damn clever.
Have a good trip and I am sure all will wish you a minimum loss of blood due to Walter's machinations. tu2

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that I have both a normal DVD and a Blueray of some of the footage from my last hunt and after seeing the Blue ray I want nothing else for my next trip.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Dear Saeed

For several years your dvd´s have been one of my highlights. Having them on USB stick would be even better

Regards CF

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
What Kim said.

Happy to make a donation towards costs.

quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
Saeed:

As one who has benefitted from your generosity in the past, I would endorse whichever method lessons your cost and inconvenience. That said, a USB memory stick in 1080P HD would be great, working on both my computer and digital TV, while at the same time being more compact and easy-to-use.

Regardless of the format, I can't wait to see your next safari! Thanks again for the many kindnesses you show all of us on AR.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
HD?, Blue ray? USB? what's all that? How about a VCR tape? hilbily

Do what is easiest for you, my wife can figure out how to make it work.....

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Sounds great to me

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great idea. Looking forward to viewing your hunt. Hope you guys have a great trip.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Completely agree!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
Saeed:

As one who has benefitted from your generosity in the past, I would endorse whichever method lessons your cost and inconvenience. That said, a USB memory stick in 1080P HD would be great, working on both my computer and digital TV, while at the same time being more compact and easy-to-use.

NRA Life Memebr

Posts: 91 | Location: Holt, Michigan | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
An absolutely great idea! As others have already said this will cut cost, and a lot of work on your part, but work even better as it will work in HD on most computers, and HD flat screen TVs today.

Can't wait for this year's safari!

.................................................................................................. tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 dancing

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Saeed tu2 Perfect solusion.....Smiler

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed for again making such a generous offer & as usual, kpete said it best.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Excellent idea Saeed

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Whatever is BEST for you! We can make about anything work......We all look forward to the videos. Your generosity is already overboard.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcolyer:
Whatever is BEST for you! We can make about anything work......We all look forward to the videos. Your generosity is already overboard.

tu2 Yes Sir!

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill 5248
posted Hide Post
Full HD on USB Stick would be super. Can't wait. Thank you.

That which is not impossible is compulsory

Posts: 161 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed your hunts for a number of years and sincerely appreciate your providing them to us. Any format is fine and 1080p USB is best.
Have a great hunt tu2

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great idea. USB port and a stick will work for me sir!
Thanks

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
USB sounds great. Thank you.

Posts: 234 | Location: Northern Ontario | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
For me, the USB stick would definitely be more convenient.

Posts: 13 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 06 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GroundsKpr
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ditto

They say the older you get the wiser you get---Trust me it's easier to get older.

Posts: 65 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Absolutely LOVE the USB idea!

Saeed, thank you for doing this for the community. It makes a difference!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Below is some footage I have taken this afternoon with a new Canon XA25 video camera.

It is an H.264 package in Apple 1080P format.

Would those of you who have TVs with a USB drive try to see if it plays directly on the TV?

Quality and compatibility test

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66996 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Saeed

That link doesn't work for me?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcolyer:

This and I can't wait to see the daily updates.

Posts: 72 | Location: Annapolis MD | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Below is some footage I have taken this afternoon with a new Canon XA25 video camera.

It is an H.264 package in Apple 1080P format.

Would those of you who have TVs with a USB drive try to see if it plays directly on the TV?

Quality and compatibility test

Movie plays fine on my 4 year old Macbook Pro but does not play (is not recognized) on my 2012 Panasonic 3d Plasma.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I'm with the majority of everyone else on this! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Quality of the video was very good, not sure the distance you were shooting at but it was very crisp. Can't wait to see it focusing in on a buffalo.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great idea. I am new to the forum and have not seen the previous videos, but from the feedback it seems that they were very good.

Looking forward to the potential for getting to see your next safari.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: 22 January 2011Reply With Quote