THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Perfect Practice Method For African Hunting

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perfect Practice Method For African Hunting
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We were given a large ammount of 7.62x51 NATO ammo, FMJ military.

It is a mixture from different manufacturers, with ome tracers thrown in.

I was sorting them ot, and discovered that certain make had a hangfire.

We thought these would be perfect for practice shooting simulating hunting in Africa.

We shoot off hand, at round target with concentric circles of about 7 inches.

The idea was to simulate shooting after one has been running for a few hundred yards, sometimes uphill, while trying to shoot off the shooting sticks while the heart is pumping very hard, and one is out of breath.

The results have been absolutely hilarious! As some of our worst shooters are getting better results than those who normally shoot well!? Wink

And the arguments afterwards are so heated, that we might have a new victim or two to take to Africa soon.

The following conversation went on while I was out of the room, and was told about it after I came back. Little did the winner know that I managed to slip him a few rounds that did not have a hangfire.

"And you call yourselves hunters? Just look, I can shoot better than any of you!"

"True, when sitting in a nice airconditioned room, with cold and hot drinks available, and snacks. You can shoot better than us. Ask Saeed how bad it is trying to hunt with Roy and Alan. They make it almost impossible for you to hit anything"

"How come Saeed hits them then?"
"By accident. You have beaten Saeed today, so you can come to Africa and try hunting"

"I think I might. I never realize how good I am at shooting. But, I don't like all those creepy crawlies you all talk about in Africa"

"The creepy crawlies are not the ones you need to worry about. It is the snakes. And scorpions. And worst of all Saeed himself!"

"I am not worried about Saeed, but I don't like snakes"

"You have just gone and done it. When you go to Africa. IF you go to Africa, Saeed will find the worst snakes in the concession and make friends with them. He will then introduce them to you while you are unsuspecting. He has that nasty habit of finding snakes and scorpions. I think he bribes the camp staff to find them for him. He enjoys scaring people. Especially people who beat him at shooting"

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ScopeBite
posted Hide Post
Ya Know I am just tired of hearing about all the fun you and Walter have. HE is a lucky guy. Am I envoioius? Yes I am. I live vicariously thru you and yours Saeed....I would be so lucky to be Walter...But no...Not a chance. So I sit here in BAKO with Tom, Dick and Flake'O living thru AR...Vicariously. IF WALTER EVER FALTERS AS THE CLASS CLOWN PLEASE CALL ME FOR AN INTERVIEW AS HIS REPLACEMENT.

I like the idea and will take this up with our local range to see if they will tolerate such adventure.

I would rather Boar Hunt for my Bacon!

Posts: 136 | Location: Bakersfield California | Registered: 26 August 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Scopebite,

I am really sorry to tell you that there is no replacement for Walter.

He is not a clown, and never pretended to be.

It is just that God must have been in a very funny mood when he created him.
Once he realized what He has done, he broke the mold!

Then decided that I had to suffer his creation.

Yesterday I was talking to Roy, and he mentioned that he was looking forward to seeing us all later next month. Walter's name came up, and then he said "I will make his life as miserable as I can"

I told him wasn't that the exact opposite of what a PH should do to one of his hunters.

He said "Not Walter. He has been making my life very difficult for so many years, I am going to devout the rest of time paying him back"

It is going to be an interesting safari.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
The way I like to practice. Smiler

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote