THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How many safari companies now have concessions in the Niassa reserve in Moz?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many safari companies now have concessions in the Niassa reserve in Moz?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have read somewhere that this reserve is the size of Mass. and butts right up against Tanzania and the Selous. It sounds like you can get an East Africa Tanzania type safari for a lot less money.

What safari companies are there now offering hunts?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will list the ones I know:

Kambako Safaris
Johan Calitz
Luwire
Luambeze
A company run by a man named Paul Main

Outside the reserve proper:

Majune Safaris
Negomano Dafaris
Matimbo Safaris
Guy Whittall has an area
MWA

That is it off the top of my head

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Niassa lies in northern Moz, so it borders southern TZ - but not actually touching the Selous.

Safari2 knows who a lot of the operators are - I personally book for Luambeze Safaris, listed above. Hunts offered here, as you say, can be excellent.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take me there!!!!!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Why Mozambique has such an issue with CITES for elephants, hippos etc.
Would it be financially more rewarding for government of Mozambique to get there shshsh...t together and more bookings for Safari Co's. as well?
Just wondering.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Why Mozambique has such an issue with CITES for elephants, hippos etc.
Would it be financially more rewarding for government of Mozambique to get there shshsh...t together and more bookings for Safari Co's. as well?
Just wondering.

It's two separate issues.

With elephants, it goes back to the time the ban was coming in & just pre ban, Moz applied for a permit to move a huge consignment of ivory..... It was investigated & the ivory was proved to have been poached in other African countries, smuggled into Moz & fraudulently legitimised by the Moz Govt & USF&WS promptly banned & Moz elephant products from then on....... FWIW, John Jackson has been fighting this for years & consistently wins in court but USF&WS consistently ignore the court orders & nothing changes............ and nothing will until the US courts start to imprison the top guys at USF&WS until they comply with the court orders.

Hippo, I believe is far simpler. Moz fcuked up. jumping

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
Take me there!!!!!!

Just write Aaron a checque and I am sure he will take good care of you clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67011 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Gee Steve. I didn't know this. Again it doesn't surprises me. USFWP is after all government agency that is pretty much bunch of tyrants. Most of them probably never even hunted or fished day in their lives and think that us hunters are hell bent on killing everything on this earth.
Crazy, how people think that way. while we are the best conservationists/friends wild animals ever had and will.
My example I give people to show how misguided this is:
Picture military run by USFWP. Same thing. They would have pretty much no idea.
Here in Montana, governor Schweitzer appointed head of MT FWP few years ago non hunter. Go figure.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Gee Steve. I didn't know this. Again it doesn't surprises me. USFWP is after all government agency that is pretty much bunch of tyrants. Most of them probably never even hunted or fished day in their lives and think that us hunters are hell bent on killing everything on this earth.
Crazy, how people think that way. while we are the best conservationists/friends wild animals ever had and will.
My example I give people to show how misguided this is:
Picture military run by USFWP. Same thing. They would have pretty much no idea.
Here in Montana, governor Schweitzer appointed head of MT FWP few years ago non hunter. Go figure.

USF&WS have a longer memory & are more vindictive than any ex-wife ever divorced.......... John Jackson has spent many years fighting them & received little public recognition from most hunters. The man really is a hero & deserves so much more thanks & credit than he's been given.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Mashambanzous Safaris has several. Just spent 30 days in three of them. A new one up north near Niassa is on board for next year as well.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
I know Mashambanzous Safaris has several. Just spent 30 days in three of them. A new one up north near Niassa is on board for next year as well.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Can you tell us more about those Niassa areas from MAshab safaris please ?
Is it in Niassa province or Niassa blocks ?
Where specificaly are the areas located , if you hunted there and how did it go ?
Thanks

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where specificaly are the areas located , if you hunted there and how did it go ?

I don't know all Grant's areas, but he has one area on the East side of Gorongoza Nat'l Park in the Muanza area of the Sofola Province. Hunted there in 2011, link to the report is in my signature. It was a tough hunt, but I would go back in a heartbeat.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I am in Kambako camp right now, and for the 3rd year, it just keeps getting better. Tons of game, great staff and facilities. Let me know if I can help you with a hunt here. I will be back in US August 20...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote