New
Find
Notify
Tools

A big thank you to Saeed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wish to take the opportunity to offer my thanks to Saeed for making AR possible. At the same time offer my appologized for the behavior of some AR members, whom continue to question your intergrity. TLM/Cats

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish to take the opportunity to offer my thanks to Saeed for making AR possible.

Amen!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto

I would add:I have noticed an undercurrent over the years that is particulerly strong now; a feeling of displeasure, even outrage, on the part of some participants, that outfitters, PHs, writers or others who make a living, or at least a buck, in the African hunting business are active participants here. The feeling seems to be that they should not be allowed to advertize their services or prospect for customers on this forum. To those who hold that feeling I say "If you want to make up the guest list you better pay for the party". This is Saeed's party. He has the right to invite whomever he wants. You don't have to converse with all the guests, but you shouldn't make a scene just because someone is here who wouldn't be on your guest list. In short quit attacking people for doing what Saeed has invited them to do. Either accept his rules or find another party. I'm tired of seeing people being driven off the forum just because some here are jealous over the fact that they can make a buck at something the rest of us pay for. And I'm not referring to Ray.

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I concur with the above, and would like to add that we post here because Saeed has been gracious enough to put this board up. He is our host, and I am personally galled by some who are downright insulting to him, and go way beyond any "search for the truth." It would not surprise me if he at some point would throw up his hands and say, "I've had enough." Unfortunately, I suspect that is just what would please some of these people the most, and I hope he doesn't do it.

What we need is a code of conduct, violation of which would result in the termination of the poster's privileges, period. I hope it comes to that before the AR board dies due to the cancer that is here now.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also agree. Even with some of the rediculous threads I've beeen involved with. Saeed has remained a gracious host.

I think we could all use a little "mellowing out"

Saeed I nominate you for the Platinum 45-70 Award for patience Smiler -- just making light

Carmelo Lisciotto
www.WorldShooter.com

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cats:
I wish to take the opportunity to offer my thanks to Saeed for making AR possible.

That was long overdue.

Saeed,

Thank you for being such a galant host. You are a good person with a heart of gold. You have also proven that if you are someone's friend you will stick with him through thick and thin. That is a rare quality in today's world.

You are a true gentleman. thumb

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I may be an idealist. But the generosity Saeed has given to us here on AR is more then commendable... Saeed many kudos... thumb

But the name calling and rudeness is getting like a cancer consuming individuals.. Where did civility and manners go??? Mad

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where did civility and manners go??? Mad

Good point Michael. A little kindness goes a long way. And knowing When to offer thanks will too.

I know Saeed knows this as he shows the example daily.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cats, thanks for taking the initiative for starting a collective thank you. As my colleague Jaco said, it’s been long overdue.

Saeed, thanks for your willingness to sponsor the world’s greatest hunting & gun forum. Thanks also for your dedication to liberty and freedom of speech. The product is mostly educational, frequently inspirational, regularly factual, often hilarious, and now and then just plain rude & stupid.

May AR grow from strength to strength, may you be blessed, and may those that prefer to fill their lives with tiny little trivialities be content in their ever-darn unhappiness

Posts: 158 | Location: Bloemfontein, South Africa | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed - a high five and props to Saeed. I appreciate the forum.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also wish to give my thanks to Saeed. I learned a lot on AR before going on my first African Safari. Most of the members of AR have a lot of good valuable information to share and this board make that possible.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
I also would like to thank Saeed. I have learned a great deal on these forums. Thankfully, there are only a handful of rotten eggs that like to stir up trouble. We all know who they are. Thanks again Saeed!!

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tembo:
Thankfully, there are only a handful of rotten eggs that like to stir up trouble. We all know who they are.

Tembo: Maybe you do or maybe you don't know this but the "rotten eggs" you speak of are still very much with us under different names of course. Now I realize it is practically impossible for Saeed to counter those rotten eggs that change their log in IDs, but rotten eggs stink and sooner or later you'll smell them out. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also concur in my thanks to Saeed.

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for the great forum Saeed!

I have to agree with Jorge though (imagine that Eeker). Some of the ones on this exact thread are the one who smell like rotten eggs. Maybe the smell is coming from their brown noses!

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Cats, well said ....

The reason there are SOME (small amount) of detractors is because they have no interest in talking about hunting the outdoors and having a laugh at themselves as well. Their sole purpose in life is to be like spoilt children and (try unsuccessfully) to disrupt adults whom want to help one another where humanly possible.

Also another reason for the detractors is because they try the age old technique of divide and conquor, which will not work as your guests are to clued up to that and the forum is #1 and growing by the day, and when something becomes so popular some will always try to take you down.

Saeed and the moderators,

You guys have created a worldwide respected Hunting & Outdoors Wildlife Forum for the valued AR guests, may you continue to have all the success in the world in this endevour

Cheers Cool

Peter ( languishing away in the land downunder )

Monday, January 23, 2006 / 1 US Dollar = 96,308.6 Zimbabwe Dollar Red Face

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I first came to this forum looking for loads for an 8x60RS Otto Geyger double rifle. After browseing around a while I joined the forum. Primarily because I love African hunting and Guns. I truly appreciate Saeed's gift of this forum as I have probably hunted my last time in Africa, It's priced out of my range barring a miracle. I can thru this forum continue to remember the good times and dream good dreams thru others adventures. All this is courtesy of an anonymous (to me) person known as Saeed in some far away country. It's a gift I never expected to get from someone I don't know. All I can say is thanks.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
I may be an idealist. But the generosity Saeed has given to us here on AR is more then commendable... Saeed many kudos... thumb

But the name calling and rudeness is getting like a cancer consuming individuals.. Where did civility and manners go??? Mad

Mike

Mike, I think you said it best.
I believe the vast majority agrees with you.
Further I believe 100% agree with it if they think.

That being said, what some are trying to say is : keep it that way.

Never mind that other members have a different opinion about this forum.
They like to see it as a beautiful book of pictures and successes. No warts, no honesty or better said ,reality.

These members are of course not wrong.They outline what they like and how they use the forum.They use the forum for entertainment and beauty.

Others, including myself , do the same,but also use it for education.

If education thru this forum is in the picture,we have to have open discussions as well as the ability to characterize things the way we see it, introduce evidence to correct what was promulgated etc

All that sometimes appear to be discord,but in my humble opinion, I dont know another way.

Allow free contributions without censorship
The result will be that an interested hunter can fathom things beyond advertising.

I believe Saeed has done this for the most,and we all applaud him for his gracious benevolent leadership,his tolerance.

Disagreeing or questioning Saeed or his opinions, in no way signifies that a member is not grateful to him or his creation - this forum.

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
I agree with cats as well, I say... troll mgun

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TerryR:
Ditto

(edited) He has the right to invite whomever he wants.
TerryR

OH, THANK GOD! Finally! Someone who uses "whom" correctly! thumb
Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed -- I concur with Cats, and also extend my appreciation for your hospitality.

Thank you Cats -- that was a very gracious act.

Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just want to say thanks Saeed for allowing me to enter your on line home. I would hope I have acted in a maner befitting a guest in your home.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:
Originally posted by Tembo:
Thankfully, there are only a handful of rotten eggs that like to stir up trouble. We all know who they are.

Tembo: Maybe you do or maybe you don't know this but the "rotten eggs" you speak of are still very much with us under different names of course. Now I realize it is practically impossible for Saeed to counter those rotten eggs that change their log in IDs, but rotten eggs stink and sooner or later you'll smell them out. jorge

Jorge, I am well aware who the rotton egs are here, as is everyone else. It ain't hard to figure out.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Just a thought in general, not aimed at anyone in particular: If we really want to show Saeed how much we appreciate what he has done for us by creating AR, I suggest that the first step in doing so is to uphold the same manners in our posts, as we would have done if we were talking in public in a big room full of more or less complete strangers. The second thing we should do is ignoring those who don't. Actually, I think Saeed has the right to expect this from us, whether we appreciate what he has done for us or not.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thank you for creating such a great place for hunting and shooting discussions.

John

Nice doesn't mean weak.

Posts: 74 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen...the words that marks the beginnings of Saeds posts - when someone regard you as gentleman - we should be one (Copyright 1987 Larry G. Evans):

Thou Shalt Not Criticize or Complain.
A person with good manners is above criticizing others or complaining about circumstances. Negativity is any form is to be avoided. If you hear gossip, don't join in, be indifferent to it. If you disagree with others, do so respectfully. Don't verbally attack or condemn them. You may win the argument, but lose a valued friend.

Thou Shalt Not Embarrass Others.
Treat others as you would like to be treated, and think of how you can put them at ease. The feelings of other people can be as fragile as fine crystal. Never demean anyone with rude jokes or an unwelcome nickname. Be considerate. It's always good manners to think of others first.

Thou Shalt Act and Look Your Best.
A gracious friend is never ruffled. Be a calming, happy influence in any stressful situation and maintain your composure. See humor whenever possible. Master self-control and have empathy for others. Always act your best with courtesy and politeness. Savor the moments when good friends, good conversation and good manners bring about the best life has to offer.

...no offence please cheers

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, thank you very much for AR.

This is a wonderful site that I have been priveledged to utilize for my education and enjoyment for quite some time now.

I look forward to my visits to this site, and will continue to post when I can contribute meaningfully in the future.

Thanks again,

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my most formal Amharic... Amasa Aginalo, Ato Saeed.
wave
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
Actually, I'm rather upset with Saeed. I mean, think about all the hours I've spent reading these forums, discussing familiar and unfamiliar subjects; when I could have been playing with my kids, or chasing skirts, or watching TV, or who knows what. Wink

Your generosity is noted Saeed; thank you.

Karl

Posts: 980 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Asante Sana Bwana Saeed....... Wink

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the sencerity of some of these posts, but in any event, they beat heck out of what has been posted in the last month or two! thumb

I've always said this is the best web-site on the internet for the greatest combined knowledge available anywhere! For the most part, it is a free wheeling forums group, with few tethers to hold you back. Sure the banter gets a little heated at times, but that is to be expected, with a group this big, and from the world over. Sometimes, and I would say, most times, the disagreements are because of misunderstandings, because of cultural differences, and in MY case, not haveing a great command of the written word. Frowner

In most cases, with even VERY heated disagreements, Saeed doesn't interfere, but leaves it to the combatants to settle the dust. For that I thank Saeed,for this web-site, and the freedom to use it to the best advantage of all. People offering hunts, and other things here is one of the best things about this site, and I see no reason to restrict that at all! In Fact, the place would be far worse off without those people! beer

Thanks Saeed! wave

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
-Ann Landers

Or your 'cats' either.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also like to echo the sentiments above, particularly those of Marterius, to be gentlemanly in our posts and ignore those who are not.

Thank you very much, Saeed.

Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To Saeed I say a big "ASANTE" for AR. I don't know how I could make a day without talking to you "AR IDIOTS". I learn more each day. wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2362 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mouse93:
Gentlemen...the words that marks the beginnings of Saeds posts - when someone regard you as gentleman - we should be one (Copyright 1987 Larry G. Evans):

Thou Shalt Not Criticize or Complain.
A person with good manners is above criticizing others or complaining about circumstances. Negativity is any form is to be avoided. If you hear gossip, don't join in, be indifferent to it. If you disagree with others, do so respectfully. Don't verbally attack or condemn them. You may win the argument, but lose a valued friend.

Thou Shalt Not Embarrass Others.
Treat others as you would like to be treated, and think of how you can put them at ease. The feelings of other people can be as fragile as fine crystal. Never demean anyone with rude jokes or an unwelcome nickname. Be considerate. It's always good manners to think of others first.

Thou Shalt Act and Look Your Best.
A gracious friend is never ruffled. Be a calming, happy influence in any stressful situation and maintain your composure. See humor whenever possible. Master self-control and have empathy for others. Always act your best with courtesy and politeness. Savor the moments when good friends, good conversation and good manners bring about the best life has to offer.

...no offence please cheers

Sir,

I am very impressed with these standards. I will try to adhere to them, will save them and remind myself of them daily. But not yet (to paraphrase St. Augustine of Hippo) -- not before I get in a last joke. Wink

It strikes me that, while good for one's own standards to apply to one's self, it is not something to be expected of other people, or one could get quite lonely.

These will be hard to apply in a dispute between opposing sides in a parliamentary setting -- say on an issue in a gun club, or other political situation.

I might add an item: not only as fragile as fine crystal, but as valuable.

Dan

One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
I also would like to thank Saeed for this forum as without it I probably would not have booked my first trip at the SCI show as I have gleened alot of valuable info from here beer

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 226 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Junior
posted Hide Post
I too would like to offer my thanks to Saeed. His generousity exteded even past providing this forum, which for me, provided a well needed outlet while in Iraq last year. Saeed provided a copy of the CDs made for his Tanzania hunt the year perviously, too which, a few hunters of dangerous game and plains game alike enjoyed! cheers

Posts: 56 | Location: Stuttgart, Germany | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote