One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Rich, enjoy the dove shooting in Argentina, I went to Los Chanares
two years ago, what an experience.

As far as SCI in Reno, I was there Fri/Sat. Spoke with Karl Stumpfe about
another elephant hunt, no specific hunt booked yet. I also spoke with
Thierry Labat about our upcoming leopard hunt in Sango this May. Really
excited about this one, hopefully I can pull in a big one like Will?

My hunting buddy & I took our wives this year which influenced our
purchasing somewhat. We are booking a pigeon shoot in Ireland for this August.
Our wives "strongly encouraged" this venue over another trip to Africa.
We will tack on a week for sightseeing,...
We also met with John Banovich & commisioned an oil painting (Leopard in a tree),
bad news is the 2-3 year wait. I think Rich's art investment (Hartmann & Weiss rifle)
might actually make more sense?

Overall, SCI was definitely slower this year & I expect some great late season
deals to become available (keep Sept-Nov open!).
Already planning for SCI Vegas in 2014.

Jim

Posts: 521 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After canceling the past two years I am planning to finally go to Zim for Buffalo and, if one is available, tuskless cow with african Silwaine. Third time is the charm.
Regarding SCI's convention policies - once again we're beating a dead horse. If you don't like it, don't go. Why don't we talk about something of importance, like using a 45-70 for DG.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TerryR:
After canceling the past two years I am planning to finally go to Zim for Buffalo and, if one is available, tuskless cow with african Silwaine. Third time is the charm.

TerryR, I have hunted a fair amount in Zim and am unfamiliar with African Silwaine. Who runs this group and what area(s) do they hunt?

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep reading about this required donation and how bad it is. Has anyone here got prime seats at their favorite college football game with out a required donation? I mean the Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, Florida State type games, not the Juniata College etc types.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We will be hunting near Vic Falls in the Fuller Forest area. PH's are Darren Ellerman and Guy Fenter.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Elsewhere on this forum there is a ton of critical issues discussed in regards to SCI and the low attendance , this thread is about who booked what or bought what.
As an outfitter we were booked out so did not have anything to sell , but in the past we would have over 500 broshures taken off the display tables, this is not a reflection of bussiness but a good reflection I think on attendance, this year we had less than 50 broshures taken from the display tables. we have 3 booths in a prime isle.
I did however have dinner every night with friends who have hunted with us in the past , but it was noticeable that they were not buying from other vendors. I did seriusly look at the new Krighoff with ejectors .

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote