Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Reno 2019
 Login/Join

posted
Looks like SCI is returning to Reno in 2019 for at least 3 years.

https://www.washoecounty.us/ou...scva-safari-club.php

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will not be attending for three years!
pissers

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1BigDeer:
I will not be attending for three years!
pissers

What's wrong with Reno? Not that it matters to me; I've never attended a SCI convention--too expensive!

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1553 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nitro,

1. Reno is harder to get in and out of than Vegas because of limited flights and weather.
2. There are fewer choices for lodging and dining than Vegas.
3. For me at least the town is just seedy enough that I'm not comfortable just taking a stroll from my hotel like I might on the Strip in Vegas.
BTW I had come to all these conclusions long before I moved to Vegas.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
But but there's the bar fights at Rambulions!

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Not sure why they would do that when Vegas has an international terminal with direct flights and Reno you have to transfer. That said, I still will not be attending, as DSC is a better deal.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I like the show in Reno. I like the show in Las Vegas. I like the show in Dallas. There are things about each location or organization that I prefer or dislike compared to the other location or org. But none of my preferences are strong enough to stop me from going.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the show, yes, whether in Reno or Vegas..
But....
Reno is a Sh.. Hole comparatively.
Cost is generally less but everything from Lodging, food etc is not as nice.
I'd say SCI was getting some pressure on total cost that effects many of our friends from Other countries.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like them both. Reno seems to welcome the show more.

Posts: 124 | Location: Hickory, PA | Registered: 13 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news cant wait

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Love the smaller town of Reno instead of that honky tonk Vegas.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Great news! The folks in Reno appreciate the convention and the folks visiting. I can enjoy the show at half the overall cost. tu2

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Must be tough on vendors going from one venue to the othe every few years. I thought a lot of the foreign guys store their both displays for the year. Now they have to move the stuff to another city again.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
LV is super easy for me, under 4 hours door to door, driving. As others have stated, Reno fewer flights and choices.

Reno seems to me to just have an appearance of being "dirty."

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3536 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Great news. I will probably start attending again.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is what it is. Either you like to go or you don't. I am going either way.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just booked for the SCI 2017 convention in Vegas.
I will be staying at the Luxor.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news; for me Las Vegas was nothing but a bunch of scammers trying to separate you from your money. I will probably go again to Reno!

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Great news! Vegas is way too expensive!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Sad little town.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Yes, they ought to move it to Dallas. Oh, wait.....

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Had a great time at the last one in Reno, at least I think so ...

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so happy it is going back to Reno !

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Love Reno! Works very well for me Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.sportsmenonfilm.com...ntingConventions.pdf

Link has future hunting convention dates and locations.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi,
Thanks for the link. Whilst i prefer Vegas to Reno, i note with interest that SCI is going in the week before Dallas , in effect having the 2 big conventions back to back. OUTFITTERS WILL LOVE THIS SCENARIO. much more cost effective for them.

cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Promised myself to never again go to SCI in Vegas for all the negatives previously posted. Reno is closer to friends and family too. Might see you in Reno.
Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Reno !

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't mind Reno but it was hard to get in and out of. Vegas for me is cheap with a time share there.

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reno may be a little cold and dusty, but Vegas is downright filthy. Happy it's coming back to Reno tu2

Posts: 1253 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
And then it's back to Las Vegas. . . popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is anyone wondering about 2019, when the DSC and SCI are at the same time??

Has that been resolved??? Cause that an interesting move...

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickh:
Kathi,
Thanks for the link. Whilst i prefer Vegas to Reno, i note with interest that SCI is going in the week before Dallas , in effect having the 2 big conventions back to back. OUTFITTERS WILL LOVE THIS SCENARIO. much more cost effective for them.

cheers

Nick

I don't see how they will have time to move and set up for DSC if they try to make both! Maybe that was SCI's purposeful thought!

................................................................. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed Reno much more. NPD345 and I can drive to Reno (400 miles) in my old Jag convertible, with the top down and the electric seats trying to toast us in about seven hours. Vegas is at least twelve hours.

I go to see the exhibits and visit with friends, not hit the bars or strip joints every night.

Reno, count us in...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I always enjoyed Reno much more. NPD345 and I can drive to Reno (400 miles) in my old Jag convertible, with the top down and the electric seats trying to toast us in about seven hours. Vegas is at least twelve hours.

I go to see the exhibits and visit with friends, not hit the bars or strip joints every night.

Reno, count us in...

Rich

I think S.C.I. is in February!!!....You might want to keep the top up!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slider,

even with the top down, the seats keep you warm.
Car is very aerodynamic, no side drafts to mention.

For some reason, we have seen 60-65-degrees and sunny every year...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Global warming Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oryxhunter1983:
Is anyone wondering about 2019, when the DSC and SCI are at the same time??

Has that been resolved??? Cause that an interesting move...

Not resolved but it is being worked on. Venues and hotels are contracted years in advance, and those same hotels and venues book other events based on the earlier bookings. Really a mess trying to make changes.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I prefer Reno,friendlier,easy to get around,cheaper and I like to eat @ the black bear cafe.

Posts: 371 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote