THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Peta launches Cecil-inspired ‘condoms’ for hunters’ campaign

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peta launches Cecil-inspired ‘condoms’ for hunters’ campaign
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.zimbabwesituation.c...aign-the-zimbabwean/

Peta launches Cecil-inspired ‘condoms’ for hunters’ campaign

Posted on April 15, 2016 by ZimSitRep_M —

via Peta launches Cecil-inspired ‘condoms’ for hunters’ campaign – The Zimbabwean 15/4/2016

Harare – In the wake of the global outrage sparked by Walter Palmer’s trophy hunt in Zimbabwe – during which the American dentist shot Cecil the lion with a high-powered crossbow and left him to suffer with a steel arrow through his body for more than 40 hours.

Notorious trophy hunters including Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump have received packs of complimentary Huntsman Condoms, camouflage-wrapped prophylactics that boast they are “a piece of safety equipment that makes no compromises on pleasure or performance”. But a new video reveals the condoms’ surprising source: PETA.

The animal rights group distributed the condoms, with one aim: to encourage hunters to stop reproducing.

“Bad parents who gun down wildlife and stick animals’ heads on the wall could pass their psychopathological bloodlust on to their kids”, says PETA founder Ingrid Newkirk. “If our condoms have prevented even one more wretched hunter from being born, we have saved animal lives.”

PETA – whose motto reads, in part, that “animals are not ours to abuse in any way” – notes that hunters kill millions of animals every year and have contributed to the extinction of species all over the world, including the Tasmanian tiger and the great auk. Like Cecil the lion, numerous animals are injured but not killed by hunters, escaping only to die slowly and painfully from blood loss and starvation.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just imagine how much better the world would be if Ingred's parents used a condom? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wZwP2YulLs

Peta video concerning the campaign.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The mind boggles that funding is abused this way?

However if they are camo and free I will take a couple of thousand for binding stuff around camp and on my car.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

However if they are camo and free I will take a couple of thousand for binding stuff around camp and on my car.

They can also work well for hidden water bombs.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Also good for keeping mud wasps out of gun barrels ...

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:
Also good for keeping mud wasps out of gun barrels ...

I was going to say similar, keeps the rain out of the barrel.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Especially black powder
Guns
Maybe this could turn it against them?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Would somebody please get a hold of one of these condoms and put it on the end of their gun barrel with a picture and send it to Peta via their Facebook page thanking them for the waterproof barrel protector

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I expected to read a bunch of posts with our members up-in-arms regarding this BS. I am VERY glad to see that we have a sense of humor regarding the PETA idiots.
Big Grin

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We've learned to make lemonade out of lemons! tu2 Maybe someone can be the sole distributor of those at DSC and SCI! Free gun condoms! dancing

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Would somebody please get a hold of one of these condoms and put it on the end of their gun barrel with a picture and send it to Peta via their Facebook page thanking them for the waterproof barrel protector

I will take extra large for my double.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
quote:
I expected to read a bunch of posts with our members up-in-arms regarding this BS. I am VERY glad to see that we have a sense of humor regarding the PETA idiots.

Purely because PETA are a bloody joke !!!

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just imagine how much better the world would be if Ingred's parents used a condom?

Maybe it should be mandatory for Democrats and other liberals.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:

When I was in the US Army in the early 1970's, we'd get free condoms with our C Rations. We'd put them on the end of our M-16's and M'60's to keep rain out of our barrels.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
100%! Or their lawsuit to get a monkey a copyright for a photo. It was frivilous and doomed to fail, so surely that must be fraudulent use of donor money.
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame: