THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Would Yo Like A FREE Copy THE HUNTING BLACKBEARDS OF BOTSWANA! Video Added
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would Yo Like A FREE Copy THE HUNTING BLACKBEARDS OF BOTSWANA! Video Added
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
In the USA, our President gets into hot water for claiming to look like a Special Olympian at the bowling alley.
Obama should claim to be imitating Walter next time he needs a joke about his bowling skills.

Walter's brand of entertainment deserves at least as much recognition as that of Rush Limbaugh!

In RSA newspapers, Rush Limbaugh is known as the archetypal "angry white male." Roll Eyes

Walter should be known as the archetypal "goofy white male."

Max,
Are you taking a .395 Ruger Max to Namibia?

Just thought I would try a highjack since things are pretty slow on this thread.
There is little analysis to be done on Walter's thought process, since there is very little thought process going on between Walter's ears.
Inscrutable as the Sphinx, but goofy. Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
The explanation is simple.

Walter, being a man of great vision and wisdom, knows that the African bush is a dangerous and unpredictable place. Although Walter always does his best to protect his friend Saeed, he often finds that Saeed is too obstinate to follow his directions. At times Saeed has even followed dangerous animals and placed his life in peril while ignoring Walter's protests.

Because he feels that he has a responsibility to look after Saeed, Walter always keeps some mode of communication open with the outside world. With cell phone service being nonexistat in the bush, Walter leaves his cell phone in camp and only carries the SIM card. In the event that something unforeseen should happen to Saeed requiring that he be evacuated to Dar, Walter, always loyal to a fault, will stay at his friend's side.

In the event of an emergency there would be no time to travel to camp to collect personal items. But because Walter has had the foresight to carry his SIM card he can borrow a cell phone, slip in his SIM, and be in contact with the UAE in minutes.

If it were not for Walter's preparedness, Saeed would be stuck in a hospital bed in Dar for days while they tried to reach the outside world on Tanzania's antiquated phone system.

Saeed should be thanking Walter for taking looking out for him instead of poking fun of him on the internet.

Jason,

You are the winner.

Please send me your mailing address in a PM, and I will have the book off to you immediately.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I am glad you finally put this thread out of its misery.
Most merciful of you.
That was indeed some excellent brown-nosing by Jason Brown.
Walter "The Genius" saves face and gets kissed. moon

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:

That was indeed some excellent brown-nosing by Jason Brown.
Walter "The Genius" saves face and gets kissed.

So true....

I would like to thank Walter and Saeed for the book. My wife and I have a first baby due to arrive any day. This will be the first book I will read to her.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote