New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Site!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am a new guy who just stumbled on this site and I am glad I did.

I hope to take my first trip to either South Africa or Namibia next year for kudu, zebra, impala, warthog, and the like.

Merry Christmas,
Alex

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the best hunting site on the web. With the best folks as well. Wink

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Welcome to this forum.

Yet to take your first trip to Africa? That qualifies you for entering! See here: http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/3081050711

Good luck!

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome, there is lots and lots of valuable info here.
Jeff

No people in history have ever
survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves
inoffensive to their enemies.

Posts: 1689 | Location: North MS U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome wave

Posts: 90 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
Alex,

Welcome! you will not regret hunting Africa or finding this site. There is much to learn here and great people who teach....DAN

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! wave

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am suffering from information overload. As I stated I'm looking forward to hunting the "Dark Continent" late next year. I have been surfing the net looking at all these websites. I am more confused now than before. How does one decide who, where and when.

Alex

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alex:

Welcome to AR. You'll find a lot of very good info here from some very experienced guys. Do not hestitate to ask. Compare, cross-check, and do your own research. Deal personally with current references. Do not rely on any single source or individual.

You'll find the research is great fun in and of itself.

Regards........

114-R10David

Posts: 1751 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
DC, welcome to AR. I know what you are talking about. But I can now speak with experience. Hve beeen there and done that... Hope to do more of that.
To wet your appetite:
Yours truly, m'bogo aka black death

Nyasa wildbeast

This is what they look like coming for YOU!!

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome. You have the best of the best on this site. (I'm not one of them, having only done three safaris), but you can find what you need here. Also, beware. Your first trip will very likely not be your last.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh Man! You have just made a TERRIBLE mistake!!!! This wide variety of folks will help convince you to take the first trip ... and your pocket book will NEVER forgive you. Wink Wink Wink

Where to go first? SA for plains game is not a bad choice as there are great PHs and good hunting without the rigor you find in some other places. Some great folks here. Read a bunch of trip reports and see what kinda strikes your fancy.

When you need to go for dangerous game you'll be a bit more seasoned and have developed a sense of who you like better than most here.

BUT be warned!!! You're making a life choice here. Perhaps to be a little poorer financially, but very much richer in spirit and experience!

Have a nice Christmas vacation and a wonderful New Year!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote