Find
Notify
Tools

Andrew McLaren Safaris Free 2010 Hunt.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted
I am pleased to offer, in my personal capacity the hunt as below. Anyone who wants additional information can contact me by any means: My e-mail address is andrew@mclarensafaris.com , or call on my cellular (mobile) telephone at + 27 82 654 6474 or by fax at + 27 86 550 1256 or by snailmail at P.O. Box 31, SOUTPAN 9356. South Africa. More general info about Andrew McLaren Safaris availabe on my website at http://www.mclarensafaris.com

dancing dancing dancing dancing

Any interested hunter is invited to enter, for free, the competition in which one lucky/deserving hunter will - note, not 'may', but WILL Big Grin- win an absolutely free plains game hunt to be undertaken from the accommodation facilities at the farm Mervilla in the grassveld of the western Free State near Soutpan as described below.

You may well ask: “What does this guy do?” Well, essentially I offer to arrange for and guide any hunter, and specifically the budget restricted type, on a good value for money ethical plains game, and/or wingshooting and/or varminting hunting. But as a way to get my name known a bit, I'm now offering another Free Hunt as described here.

I have but one request to hunters eligible for entry: Please do not bear some grudge against me if you do not win this free hunt: I will have absolutely NOTHING to do with the judgeing or selection/election/draw of the winner. Human nature is simply so that the guy that entered, but did not win, is likely to have a small niggling issue: I entered and did not win, I’ll not book with you! Please overcome this typical human shortcoming, and continue, or start, to consider Andrew McLaren Safaris as a potential Hunting Outfitter to use if you plan to go and hunt in Africa.

For hunters that have hunted as paying clients in Africa before, and therefore not eligible for entry in this particular competition, as well as those mentioned in the paragraph above that do not bear a grudge against me for not winning, I have the message: Please consider giving me a chance to plan for and give you a fixed quote if you consider going on a safari to Africa.

Here the background and offer:

On 22 March 2009 I, for no particular reason, offered a very basic hunting safari as a free gift for some deserving and very lucky hunter. This offer was publicized on a number of hunting forums, amongst others here on Accuratereloading Forum: http://forums.accuratereloadin...131038501#8131038501

Almost immediately a lot of interest was generated by the member’s postings on this forums. Suggestions were made, amongst other, to restrict entries to only those hunters who have not yet been to hunt anywhere in Africa. This forum activity resulted in period of great excitement on various forums with lots of posting of suggestions and comments. Most notably a number of other generous forum members stepped forward and offered additional sponsorship for the hunt. Eventually the offer resulted in a 'competition' for which rules of entry were developed and a judging procedure was devised. Judging was to be overseen by the chief judge, Steve Robinson, who is know here, and on many other hunting forums, as 'shakari' and two other judges to make a panel of three judges.

It is history that a lucky hunter, Mr. Alex Adkins from North Carolina, known as ChetNC on this forum, was declared as the winner. It is also known that he and his young son Mason did indeed take up their winning hunt and enjoyed the hunt, and some additional travel to the Kruger National Park, in July 2009.

ChetNC duly posted his hunt report, IMHO a very favorable one, here: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/3551065411

I now want to make a very similar offer for some free plains game hunting in 2010.

What is my free hunt offer for the 2010 hunt? Please visit my web site for additional details about dates, inclusions & exclusions in offer, trophy size expectation and a lot else about this offer. http://www.mclarensafaris.com/currentclient.html

1. Free Daily Rates: For arrival and departure days and, by the winner’s choice, a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of 10 days fully of legal and ethical hunting. The hunting period can be selected at any time agreed upon in the hunting season 1 April to 30 August 2010.
2. Trophy animals: The following are included as part of my free hunt offer: One each of the very best trophy quality males of the following species that you can find on Mervilla or any one of the hunting concessions in my immediate area: Springbuck, blesbuck and steenbuck. Add to these a female springbuck and a female blesbuck to complete the list of free antelope.
3. Right to hunt additional trophy animals: If the winner of this offer, or a hunting companion, feels that he/she wants to hunt some additional larger animal, or more blesbuck and springbuck, I can arrange to have it hunted at be very reasonable cost.
4. Additional Hunter/Observer: Furthermore if the taker of this offer wants to share his/her hunting with a partner I will host that partner, if a hunter as a 2X1 client, at very low daily rates and trophy fees. These will be determined by direct negotiation with the announced winner. In my setting of these fees the idea will be to just be sure that I cover the additional costs of hosting the second hunter or observer. A small additional charge for guiding both hunters in a 2X2 manner can be negotiated.
5. Anything offered by any additional sponsors.

That's it: Free daily rates for arrival and departure day, plus up to 10 full hunting days, with any Sunday as a ‘go slow’ day, 3 free trophy animals, 2 free females and a bunch of other stuff, also all for free, the option to hunt some more at low prices and the option to bring along a hunting or non-hunting partner at low costs. Then add to this whatever additional sponsors donate for the 2010 Free Hunt.

After posting the notification of the 2009 Free Hunt, a number of very generous souls stepped forward and donated various additional trophies, services and goods to the hunt. I again thank those donors for their contributions, which made the modest hunt donated into something quite remarkable. On behalf of whoever will win this 2010 Free Hunt, I thank any possible donor of trophies, services or goods that you may wish to contribute towards improving the value of the 2010 Free Hunt. Your donations will be gladly accepted and much appreciated.

Strings attached? None! Posting of an honest hunt report on at least the forum on which the winner first saw this announcement is a pre-condition as per rules made by the judges.

Here are the rules of the competition:

Mr. Steve Robinson, or our own 'shakari', will again act as the chief or convening judge. For this year a panel consisting of shakari and 3 additional judges on the entry evaluation panel and help decide the final winner. The three co-judges (at least for the time being) shall remain nameless. All are well known and well respected members of a well known hunting forum and they have decided that the rules will be as follows:

1. The hunt offered is as described fully in the preceding paragraphs. Whatever else may be donated by sponsors will be added to the hunt as part of the prize.

2. The hunt MUST be taken up at dates to be negotiated between Andrew McLaren Safaris and the announced winner during the Free State open hunting season, which for 2010 is expected to be from 1st April to 30th August 2010.

3. Only entries received as e-mails at andrew@mclarensafaris.com and copied to shakari3@mweb.co.za before 23.59 on Sunday 31 January 2010 [South African time] with the words "Entry for Andrew McLaren Safaris 2010 Free Hunt" in the subject line will be considered. The email address from which the entry was sent will be regarded as the hunters official email address.

The email message must contain the following:

o The URL of the hunting forum in which you first saw this announcement. If you are known by any other than your own name on that forum you must provide the "Forum Name" or "User Name" or "Handle" by which you are known on that forum.

o Real name, physical residential or work address and day and/or night contact telephone number(s). [This information will be kept confidential by judges.]

o A clear statement that entrant has not yet hunted as a paying client in any country in Africa.

o A clear statement to the effect that entrant accepts the rules and has the funds available to buy a flight ticket and has the time in the stated period in 2010 to actually go on the hunt if chosen as winner.

o A paragraph or so in which the reasons why the entrant wishes to go on this hunt are described. [A note particularly for those with poor command of English or poor writing skills: This is NOT an essay writing competition; but merely a brief paragraph intended to convince the judges that you have good and worthy reasons to want to go on a hunt to South Africa. The actual content will be much more important than the writing style.]

o If an entrant intends sharing the hunt with another hunter and/or or non-hunting observer(s) write a brief motivation why you wish and choose the particular person(s) to accompany you.

o Tell of whatever you have actually done to plough back something into your passion of hunting. Just tell the judges what you have done to assist others to also enjoy the sport of hunting.

o Undertake to write and post a hunt report in the appropriate section of the Forum where you are most active within one month of the end of the hunt. Even if it is a 'negative' report it should at least reflect if the basic offer was honored or not.

4. The judges will decide on the winner and announce the winner by posting in this thread on or before 7th February 2010. The judges will also select a first, and second runner ups to whom the hunt will be awarded in case some unforeseen catastrophe makes it impossible for the winner to go. [Note: Andrew McLaren will act only in a support role and not as a member of the evaluation or decision panel of judges.]

5. The announced winner has time until 28 February 2010 to convince the judges that he has bought or booked the required flight ticket. Failing to accomplish this will make his entry and the awarding of the hunt to him/her null and void and the first runner up will immediately be given an opportunity to take up the hunt as winner.

That's all I have to say. Maybe I should just mention that if there is anything unclear about the rules and how the 'competition' will be run, there was a number of questions and answers posted under the discussion of the original 2009 Free Hunt for which the URL can be found at my website as referenced below. As alternative members are free to contact me by direct e-mail about this at andrew@mclarensafaris.com and ask whatever they wish to.

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren
http://www.mclarensafaris.com/currentclient.html

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Good luck with it Andrew and I hope you get the support from other forum members to make this another hunt of a lifetime.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

That is a wonderful start at the "hunt of a lifetime" for a newbie! The first trip is one always remembered and the memories treasured.

Should generate lots of interest, and interest among the more experienced in hunting with you!

Thank you Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
From one who dreams of an African safari, thank you again for this great offer.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
BTTT

One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
You wont be sorry!
ChetNC

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Oh no..here we go again... Big Grin Wink

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The floodgates are opening? I hope so! Wink

The same additional sponsor that stepped forward and donated an additional warthog trophy has done it again! dancing dancing

I quote from his PM to me:

quote:
Your anonymous donor will stand up by you again.

I will pay the first wartie Wink

It is simply not possible for me to thank this very generous gentlemam, who wishes to remain anonymous and gets absolutely no 'goodwill or advertizing' exposure from his donation, enough on behalf of whoever will eventually be decrared the winner for this kind offer. Wink You are one of those blessed by experiencing the joy of 'giving and expecting nothing in return'! clap clap

Thanks again!

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
Awesome !
Best of luck to all the entrants.

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

posted Hide Post
In the interest of hunting, and to promote hunting in general in South Africa and in Botswana, it was decided to donate a non-trophy Gemsbuck bull to Andrew's free 2010 hunt. The hunt will take place on Malalankwe Game Farm in the North-West Province of South Africa. Additional animals are available at discounted prices. One nights accomodation,at Manzini Wild, for 2 people are included in this offer.
We not only offer hunts in South-Africa, but can do so in Botswana and now in Namibie as well.
All these hunts are in conjunction with FULLY Registered members of the relevant authorities in the mentioned countries.
Happy Hunting
Hope to share a campfire soon
Regards
Michael Muller
Chanstin Safaris
chanstin@gmail.com
Crowsley Game Ranch
Lobatse
Botswana

Posts: 9 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 20 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Andrew

How are the entries going?

Johan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bahati,

The entries are trickling in at a bit of a slow rate. It really does not bother me at all. The good news is on the one side that every single entry that was received thus far was submitted by a hunter worthy of being the winner. But that is just MHO, the panel of judges convened by Shakari will make the selection without any input from me. The disappointing news is that so few of the 2009 entries bothered to re-enter for the 2010 competition. Well I wish each entrant the best of luck with your efforts to impress the judges of your worth as the winner.
To anyone that qualifies but has not yet submitted an entry, your not doing so totally disqualifies you from winning the 2010 Free Hunt! No entry = no chance at all! Your not entering also in a manner 'improves' the chances of winning, or increases the chances of not being the winner, for each one of those that have already entered.

The rate at which entries are recieved may pick up a bit if I post a few pictures of what ChetNC, the winner of the 2009 Free Hunt had collected during July 2009? As said, not that it really matters; as I have recieved a few worthy entries already! Wink

All of these cull, herd management and trophy heads were taken for absolutely free by ChetNC. During July 2009.

The good news is on the one side that every single entry that was received thus far was submitted by a hunter worthy of being the winner. But that is just MHO, the panel of judges convened by Shakari will make the selection without any input from me. The disappointing news is that so few of the 2009 entries bothered to re-enter for the 2010 competition.

If the entries pick up, I’m sure, at leaast I and the entrant to eventually be declared as the winner, will hope so, the other sponsors will again step forward and add to the warthog and non-trophy gemsbuck bull that has already been added by and anonymous guy and Chanstin respectively.

Take a good look at this beautiful trophy that ChetNC hunted thanks to the generocity of luan' s sponsorship for the 2009 Free Hunt:

ChetNC’s 26 ½” (wet measured) Black Wildebeest hunted at luan’s cost

So, anyone who has not yet hunted in Africa, look at ChetNC’s heads, consider that they were all hunted for free and at no daily rate cost either, and then decide if it may not perhaps be worth your while to take the time and compile a very judges-convincing entry?

So, anyone who has not yet hunted in Africa, look at ChetNC’s heads, consider that they were all hunted for free and at no daily rate cost either, and then decide if it may not perhaps be worth your while to take the time and compile a very convincing entry? If that does not convince you, read the expanded hunt report here: Report on Andrew McLaren's Website.

Good luck to all in your efforts to convince the judges of your worth to be declared as the winner!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

I know it has been a while since this thread has been started but i would like to contribute to this free hunt in the same as for CNET:

I will offer the lucky hunter the following at no cost or strings attached:
- pre issued firearm import permits
- meet and greet assistance at Johannesburg International Airport
- Hotel Accomodation on the first night if required, incl dinner, drinks, etc
- Assistance on Departure from Johannesburg
- As well as any transfer or Tour within Johannesburg to do some curious shopping, etc.

Hope the entries are going well,

Regards

Aubrey

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Just to say that applications are now increasing but we still have plenty of room for more.

Can I please remind applicants that we require three pieces of information. Which are:

why you want to hunt Africa

who you would like to hunt it with

what contribution you have made to benefit hunting.

If an applicant misses any of those answers, I contact them once to point out their omission and after that, it's up to them if they feel the need to send in further info.

Wishing you all the very best of luck!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew/Steve -

I am brand new to this board and came here in search of some information while trying to figure out a way to make an African safari dream come true. Along the way, I stumbled accross this contest. I am truly joyed to see such an opportunity being offered and thank you both greatly for putting it out there.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bellevue, NE, USA | Registered: 05 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Folks,

Just to say that applications are now increasing but we still have plenty of room for more.

Can I please remind applicants that we require three pieces of information. Which are:

why you want to hunt Africa

who you would like to hunt it with

what contribution you have made to benefit hunting.

If an applicant misses any of those answers, I contact them once to point out their omission and after that, it's up to them if they feel the need to send in further info.

Wishing you all the very best of luck!!!!!!!

So would it be safe to say that if we have not heard from you on our entry, everything was ok? Assuming you received it? (hrstephens@yahoo.com)

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Harold,

Yes, that is correct. Applications are sent to both Andrew and I so there can be no mistake and I then send them onto my fellow judges. Smiler

Cut of date for applications is 2359 CAT 31st January 2010.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shakari.

Good luck to all that have entered.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone

I will contribute the same sponsor as last year for this great competition one small animal and one big common animal and a few beers.

Hope everyone and the winner have a fine time in Africa and i know Andrew will provide it.

Regards
Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best recommandations to Mclarens from here.. Smiler

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Folks

you have just three more weeks to apply for this. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Steve/Andrew,

Please pull my name from the hat (sent by eatman4@xxxxxx.net). We'll be moving from Florida to California this Summer for a new job and I've got lots of training to do before we go.

I'll throw in a small donation for the winner;The Perfect Shot, Mini Edition for Africa. The wife said she'd kill me if I followed through on my plan to bring it to Disney's Animal Kingdom safari ride - just wanted to help the tourists learn more about animals.

Matt

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Badger Matt,

With regret I note your request. Best of luck with the new place and job. Thanks for the kind gesture of adding to the good fortune of another hunter. Smiler

To all others involved, best of luck for each entrant and thanks for sponsorship and help. Wink

COUNTDOWN: Only 13 days left to enter..

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren

One can cure:

One cannot cure:

One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
Just sent my entry, thank you for the offer.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 135 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Just seven days left to go guys....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I crossed my fingers for luck and sent in my entry. Thanks for the generous offer and good luck to all.
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 849 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Just 24 hours to go folks!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was going to put one of my nephews up for this. One is an avid deer hunter, thenext one down has never hunted at all and the twins have yet to pick up rifles. I decided they should wait until such times as I am able to take them individually later on. Hope I am making the right decision. what animals do you have committed for this hunt so far and what do you still need or better would like to see?
Mike

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Smith:
what animals do you have committed for this hunt so far and what do you still need or better would like to see?
Mike

Committed?
1. One absolute free range springbok ram that will be very difficult to hunt.
2. One equally free range springbok ewe; almost as difficult as a ram to get one.
3. One free range blesbok ram - difficult, but not impossible to get.
4. One free range blesbuck ewe - same as the ram; difficult but quite possible.
5. One free range steenbok ram. Very do-able, but trophy size is largely a matter of luck!
6. One warthog by courtesy of unanimous donor.
7. One non-trophy, by virtue of one horn broken, or odd twisted horn, or something that makes it less ideal, gemsbok bull & daily rates to hunt it - donated by Michael Muller of Chanstin Safaris.
8. One 'large' trophy animal, the species to be decided on by negotiation between winner and myself, but cost to hunt for account of Luan Lombard as donor. [This will typically be a red hartebeest, black wildebeest, trophy gemsbok, blue wildebeest or similar]
9. One 'small' trophy animal to be decided on by negotiation and hunted at the cost of the donor Luan Lombard. This may be another springbok, blesbok, steenbok, possibly a duiker or even an impala
10. As many as practical porcupine, blackbacked jackall, caracal, hyrax, rabbits, springhare, Egyptian geese, spurwing geese, yellowbilled duck, redbilled teal, redknobbed coot, guinea fowl, Swainson’s pheasant, Orange River partridge, common quail, rock pigeons, other doves and meercats, crows and real 'vermin' as there is time to fit in.

Still need? IMHO nothing is really 'needed' to make the hunt a really memorable first experience for a deserving and lucky hunter in Africa. Remember the book donated by Badger Matt and the meet and greet services donated by Aubs458 are also included.

Like to add? Another trophy animal sponsored? Not really needed! But how about sponsoring something for the winners' companion? Who is in the "Dip 'n Ship" business that would like to get involved? Taxidermy donations? Are 'free airmiles' that are unlikely to be used transferable to a deserving winner or companion? Something to make Cecilia's (my wife) contribution less of a burden? I have donated the first 5 trophy / female animals, and the daily rates, but I in all honesty never even discussed the catering and being the hostess requirements with Cecilia. Suggestions? PM me if unsure.

My thanks again to Luan, and the others that made the effort to be there, for the bushpig on a spit braai that was so enjoyed by all in 2009. The logistics of the travel down there makes is to difficult for me to again accept Luan's offer. Maybe I can arrange a bit of a wingshooting event for the likes of Luan, Steve, Rudi, Aubrey, Michael, John and all the other regular AR members [and a lamb on a spit braai?] here at Mervilla to properly welcome the winner and companion in South Africa? It will depend on the winner and dates, but all AR hunters as guests in South Africa at that time will be welcome.

I like to express my thanks to Steve as well as the 3 other co-judges for volunteering to make the crucial decision.

A word of thanks for all the entries that have been recieved so far. I have read them all and will weklcome every single one here as the winner! clap

A last word to all entrants: Do not hold it against me if you are not a winner: I have absolutely nothing to do with deciding who gets the nod from the judges! Wink

Good luck to you all!

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren

One can cure:

One cannot cure:

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Man that is a very generous list. It has all I wanted on my first African safari except a Kudu - and a lot more!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed and wish everyone good luck.

Andrew, If I don't win this one, I hope I can hunt with you some day! Thanks once again.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11183 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
And the winner is ???

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,

I am as anxious to know as all the guys that actually enrtered the competition. Big Grin

Shakari is waiting for the final reply of one of the judges and will then be in a position to announce the winner. There were a lot of very deserving entries - must have been difficult judging. But the rules say the announcement must be made by midnight [SA Time] on Sunday - so maybe they will let us wait in suspense some longer! Big Grin

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I sure hope we hear who the winner is soon..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
Here you boys!

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
clap clap clap

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I love it. To all donors named and unnamed a job well done.
Jason this is what they look like up close. A lifetime of memories.

Mike

This is one screams Africa 57 in horns. Good luck!

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the winner and his mate. Good luck and have a great safari!

Thanks to Andrew and the other sponsors.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11183 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap good luck boys. congratulations

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Jason,

Congrats!!! Shoot me a PM with a good mailing address and I'll get the book in the mail.

Matt

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many congratulations to you, Jason! Be sure to post a detailed report on this adventure and best of luck to you in the field. thumb

Posts: 159 | Location: Bellevue, NE, USA | Registered: 05 December 2009Reply With Quote