Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cape Buffalo
 Login/Join

posted
Why would any one shoot a sweet animal like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl8MABHXBz4

It looks like a great way to get someone hurt. Letting a wild, dangerous animal get this close
is stupidity in the extreme

Chip Pitcairn

Posts: 42 | Location: Corpus Christi, Republic of Texas (occupied) | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
In captive situations I've even seen lawyers act friendly... Big Grin

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you guys but I just hate it when hunting videos contain re-enactment shots with the camera in front of the hunters. The shots of the hunter cautiously approaching a downed animal and then gingerly poking its eyes as if it may still be alive when the camera is on the other side of the beast are particularly annoying. It just detroys the enjoyment of the video for me. One of my peeves.

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes but the thought of money can drive those tame lawyers into a frenzy, attacking even their own kind.

Chip Pitcairn

Posts: 42 | Location: Corpus Christi, Republic of Texas (occupied) | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chip,
First, shooting that buff would be like shooting my cat. Maybe less satisfying as wife and I just got back from a short trip and found the cat had peed on an Afgan rug. Second, "tame lawyers" is an oxymoron.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A buffalo in a hunting area would never come that close with amorous intensions.

And the driver of that car wasn't very clever either, because if that bull hooked his horns, he would have suffered some serious damage.

Sadly, people in parks get lulled into a false sense of security, and every now and then someone gets hurt.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67021 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont know what everyone is getting so concerned for, it looked to me like he just wanted to hump the truck Smiler
Each to his own - I prefer porsches !!

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:

but unfortunately, there is no open season on them...... Big Grin

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2582 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Unfortunately for all African hunters -it is the people who visit national parks who convey to their homelands what DG "really" are like - and it's those barbaric "hunters" who give a false impression -according to the newly returned African travelers.

In my first view of a buff I received the traditional stare (in the old phrase -"He looks at you like you owe him money and he just found out that you don't intend to pay") so I will leave it to tried and true Africa hands to explain this buff's behaviour. BTW, I do recall reading some years ago about a night tour in a truck for tourists in Krueger National Park where some Taiwanese tourists jumped off the vehicle to photograph more closely some lionesses feeding. Instantly they were attacked and killed and eaten (on the spot). One of the first things that I learned in the African bush was that this was the animals' turf (I really already had sensed it) and that it was very dangerous to forget that these were dangerous animals. (I wish people would think about how DG got that description in the first place) Too bad that isn't gotten over to the "tourist" industry people is even more important.

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
I see a buffalo every day that will let you pet him and is as friendly as can be. I never seen him hurt a fly. He is on the wall!

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
He's just trying to figure out "how he wants to die."

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hikerbum:
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:

but unfortunately, there is no open season on them...... Big Grin

I thought they were considered pests?

You know what the difference between a snake on the road and an Attorney on the road?

There are skid marks in front of the snake.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote