THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Cecil and Big Game Hunting Article that gets the real issue

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cecil and Big Game Hunting Article that gets the real issue
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Only one I've seen.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/wo...mbabwe-guide-n402926

This is my view - its all about land usage - not dollars to locals, etc. Kenya wild game dropping 65% since 1972 is a proof point. Locals want cows, not game.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As friends have asked about hunting in Africa, this is what I lay out - whether you find hunting horrible or not, if you want the wild game to exist, hunting protects habitat for them.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I read two more yesterday, I think the WSJ and NYT. NYT in particular had an excellent op ed.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's good to see some reporting that makes sense.

Most people had never heard of Zimbabwe or Robert Mugabe and now they are making a scene over a lion when Mugabe has killed and impoverished so many?

Libtards......go figger.....

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"The act of hunting of animals themselves is not beneficial to conservation, the money that is accrued from hunting is what is beneficial to conservation,"

Really?

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1/2 slam:
"The act of hunting of animals themselves is not beneficial to conservation, the money that is accrued from hunting is what is beneficial to conservation,"

Really?

I'll grant them that bit - a bullet through the brainbox seldom improves the lifestyle of THAT animal, but the money dropped on the table for taking out an old man beyond breeding age and used to ensure that his sons and grandsons retain their habitat is what ensures the continuation of the whole lot ...

Granted, they did leave off the corollary.

Of course, a bullet through the brainbox of a really useless animal that somehow breeds inferior cubs / kittens / lambs etc to allow better genes a chance, may well improve the breed. if that's what they mean by "conservation".

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote