THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    380 grain 375s and an interesting site

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

380 grain 375s and an interesting site
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.rhinobullets.co.za/

The 380 grain 375s would have the same sectional density as

567 grain 458

468 grain 416

309 grain 338

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
I think the 380 grain bullet is too much of a good thing, the 375 H&H did a good job with 300 grain bullets why change it when it works

I know they had some problems in the beginning with bullets tumbling, there was as article about it in the man magnum, they wounded a Gemsbok bull with it because the bullet went of course

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't George Hoffman say that he got better results with the 300 grainers when he tested them against 350 grainers? If you need more than a .375 cal. 300 grain bullet at 2450-2550 fps, then you need either a bigger bore for DG up close or a flatter shooting rifle for PG out yonder, which would mean you just aren't able to get close enough, eh?

------------------
RAB

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have always wanted a conventional soft point and solid in 350 gr. for the 375 H&H to make it even more of an all around caliber..

I was partially responsible in getting Geoff M. to come out with the 350 gr. RN Woodleigh for shooting Buffalo in herds and he wanted the 350 PP, so he made both..I will be using them in Africa on Buffalo this year..

There was a nice write up on them in the last Man Magnum. Also there was an article on the 380 gr. Rhino bullet..

Geoff has also got some 450 gr. 416 Bullets in the same configuration and they interrest me greatly...He sent me some of both to test.

I love testing bullets and love it when a company thinks enough of its clients to keep comming up with something they think will work..That is exactly why we have such good bullets today and we all owe them a vote of confidence and a big thank you.

I believe there is definatly a place for heavy 350 gr. 375 bullets in the dangerous game fields.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41953 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ray-
I totally agree, those 350gr bullets should be just the ticket out of my 375 WEATHERBY.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm....stick one of those Rino 380s into a 378 Weatherby and push it around 2800 FPS,and it'd probibly make one hell of a buffalo round.

------------------
I'm out to wrong rights,depress the opressed,and generaly make an ass of myself!

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to Huntchat and first post is about a test of these bullets. 87% one shot kills.

I wonder if they would work on roos and pigs ......Mike

http://www.huntchat.com/showthread.php?s=b8d00f2f7f0b875ee9aef65404e97558&threadid=18737

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote